[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To You Huddlers Who Dont Want Kids

spain

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoken like a man who is shooting blanks, or who is incredibly ugly with no line of b.s or both...

:D I think that's a pretty fair description of Philip Larkin, actually. A photo

One, I have to hand it to you again ... without having seen it, I woulda never thought you woulda stirred up such comments with this stuff. You, spain, are still the master.

And I actually agree with you that it's a shame that smart people seem to be avoiding the whole parenting thing. Some of the smartest people I know are 30-something wimmin, most of them married, and all of them wanting no kids. Meanwhile, some of the stoopidest people I know can't spit 'em out fast enough. And you can just tell, when they turn on one of their 10 TVs to babysit while daddy pulls out the bong or makes 15,000 posts at the huddle :D that their only hope in life is to develop the same void in their brains that mommy and daddy possess.

As for people not having children, let people do what they feel is right for them. There is far too much judgment going on in this world. If something makes people happy, without hurting anyone else, why do people have a problem with it ? :D

Projection of ones beliefs on to the masses has gone on since the beginning of time I think. Spain is no different. Those who choose not to have children do so based upon what they believe, as do people who choose to have children. Neither seems wrong just a matter of choice.

Edited by devilwoman

I dont know if you all watched survivor this past season. Well there was one idiot that was an immature Dad himself and said that his son was his best friend and made him a better person. I say that is backwards.

Gotta' admit, I kinda' glossed over Sweetlips' post the first time, just went back and read it after the kudos she got from Holy Roller - right on the mark, this was an absolutely great post.

Just wanted to comment on the part excerpted above - I agree wholeheartedly with Sweetlips, you don't go and have kids as a means of bettering yourself, and it's certainly not the kids' burden to make better people of the parents. But having said that, I do agree with the sentiment that having kids can make you a better person. You spend so much of your time and effort devoted to doing stuff for someone else that it teaches you unselfishness, which hopefully carries over to the rest of your life. I feel that raising kids has done that for me, and I've seen it in others as well.

Not a reason to have kids by any stretch, but a nice little side perk.