[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arizona DL - Bert Berry

Rating the Projections, Better or Worse?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. 45 tackles, 20 assists, 12 sacks.

• Better
    • Worse

The Argument for Berry

Bert Berry is coming off a season ending injury, which limited him to 9 games a year ago. Berry had 24 tackles, 10 assists, 5.5 sacks and a fumble recovery in those games.

Berry is clearly one of the elite DE in the league and is fully recovered from his pectoral tear, which limited Michael Strahan in 2004. We all saw the impact Strahan made last yr after recovering from the same injury, so its obvious Berry should result to his pre injury form. The Defense believes Berry is in for a stellar season, and wont miss a beat from last seasons injury

The Evidence

Arizona 2006 schedule -

SF @SEA STL @ATL KC CHI @OAK @GB BYE DAL DET @MIN @STL SEA DEN @SF @SD

Closing Statements

Projections for Berry

45 tackles, 20 assists, 12 sacks.

The Verdict

Your vote decides.

Rating those projections, will Berry do Better or Worse?

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I voted better(albeit only a tad better) but those numbers are darn close to what he would have extrapolated out to last yr...also FWIW if there was a "same" option thats probably what I would have picked

extrapolated out for 16 games

48 tackles

20 Assists

2 Fum Recoveries

11 Sacks

if you remove the game he was injured in and the 1tackle and 1assist he had his numbers extrapolate out to top 5 last yr

one of the things that could hurt Berry's numbers would be if Denny is able to commit to the run late in games...

Edited by keggerz

The Evidence

Arizona 2006 schedule -

DET @MIN @STL SEA DEN @SF @SD

Berry closes out the season with some very nice matchups too...Det has yet to prove that their OLine is going to be improved and BJ isnt the most mobile QB and if minny is out of the running for a playoff spot it could very well be a Rookie QB, Linehan will probably fix STL but bulger has been known to take a sack or two, SF is well SF cant get much of a better matchup for what is most peoples SBs

I say more because in the nine games he played he averaged .6 sacks a game now I can see him moving that up to .8 meaning 12.8 sacks in 16 games. The tackles is where I really see him shining because with Dansby moving to the middle offenses will try to move their offense laterally a good thing for Berry.

Edited by broncosn05

Well, I'm not adding anything to the AZ BOWs so far as I would say slightly worse. I know last year's injury wasn't as severe as say, a torn ACL, but he's a little bit older and I think the sack numbers take a small hit.

I said better, and the reason is I think the Cards might be playing with some leads this year.... more pass attempts against, more sacks. I'll hedge my bet here a little though.... I thought AZ would be better than they were last year too.