[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arizona - DB - Adrian Wilson

Rating the Projections, Better or Worse?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. 90 tackles, 15 assists, 5 sacks.

• Better
    • Worse

The Argument for Wilson

Adrian Wilson was the top scoring DB in most leagues. The LB corp in front of Wilson was not stellar outside of Karlos Dansby, which gave Wilson more opportunites than most strong safeties to put up huge numbers on a regular basis. This years LB corp wont be much better.

A year ago Wilson ended his season with 93 tackles, 16 assists, and 8 sacks. The Defense [i/] believes Wilson probably cant duplicate the 8 sacks or 93 tackles because of the addition of Edge James and the ability for Arizona to run more, which results in fewer offensive plays for the opposing team.

The Evidence

Arizona 2006 schedule -

SF @SEA STL @ATL KC CHI @OAK @GB BYE DAL DET @MIN @STL SEA DEN @SF @SD

Closing Statements

Projections for Wilson

90 tackles, 15 assists, 5 sacks.

The Verdict

Your vote decides.

Rating those projections, will Wilson do Better or Worse?

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

darin3 with the public defenders' office again, your honor... While we generally agree with Mr. Keggerz' above assessment, we have taken the stance for better.

Wilson is still a top-5 DB, if not THE top DB. He's had 100+ tackles each of the past two seasons and an incredible 8 sacks last season. The defender's office maintains that he will again post 100+ tackles, but may take a dip in the sack total. However, we contend that his interception total (only 1 last season) will rise significantly. The defense rests. :D

Actually, Wilson was the top scoring DB in the league last yr, but has yet to have a 100 tackle season in any year. Last yr he had 93 solo tackles and 82 the season before that. To expect an improvement on last yrs tackle numbers are a reach at best. More than likely Wilson will increase his number of assists, while lowering his tackle numbers.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

i don't see improvements on this LB corps, really thought they would add a vet by now. i guess a healthy Hayes would be an improvement. Maybe if Blackstock can take over the strongside, putting Dansby in the middle.

bunch of ifs, looks like Adrian will be a tackle machine again. STL figures to be running more too. I think he has a shot at 100 solos this year

I just don't see how he can quite replicate the solo numbers he had in the past and I think even 5 sacks may be high so I'll vote worse, making it a clean "worse" sweep for my opinion of the AZ defenders. :D

I think his numbers will go down , but just a bit. I think the Cards defense will see fewer snaps this year, and I suspect that teams may pass a bit more against them since AZ might actually be playing with a lead this year in some games. He's still a stud, no doubt about that in my mind.