[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much IDP experience do you have

This is my first year (MSHB). We already drafted and to be honest, I'd need someone else to tell me how I did. It is a 16-team league and we drafted 32 rounds. That was quite an experience.

Didn't visit this forum at all last year, but I'm sure I'll be around now.

This is my 13th year in an IDP league. I started in 1994. I've never played in a league w/o IDP's and really wouldn't want to. For those of you who are new to it it takes fantasy to a whole new level. It's fun being able to zero in on a defensive player and watch him. I've had R. lewis on my team since he came into the league and I would look forward to watching him as much as anyone. We start 3 DL 3 LB and 3 DB what about everyone else? I can't believe it took this long to really catch on. I wouldn't think after 20+ people responded to this thread that I have been in an IDP league longer than anyone.

This is my 13th year in an IDP league. I started in 1994. I've never played in a league w/o IDP's and really wouldn't want to. For those of you who are new to it it takes fantasy to a whole new level. It's fun being able to zero in on a defensive player and watch him. I've had R. lewis on my team since he came into the league and I would look forward to watching him as much as anyone. We start 3 DL 3 LB and 3 DB what about everyone else? I can't believe it took this long to really catch on. I wouldn't think after 20+ people responded to this thread that I have been in an IDP league longer than anyone.

3rd year Dynasty with IDP, One starts 2/3 DL, 3 LB 2/3 DB - 16 team, Another starts 3/4 DL, 3/4 LB and 4 DB 12 team. My third starts 3/4 DB 3/4 LB 4 DB 16 team. The 16 teams are a whole lot different than the 12 team leagues and the scoring is totally different in all three leagues. So different strategies for all of them. But you still need to do your homework. No defensive schemes and how they apply to position and coaching changes etc (one of the hardest to figure out) and even harder - know your competition and what they are most likely to do in a draft, trade etc. I love it!

First IDP was in 2004 with minimal IDP positions (2DL/LB, 2CB). It was my wife's team that she had with her coworkers...ended up winning the league for her the first year (they never knew I pulled the strings for the team) but missed the playoffs the second year (got too cocky I guess and took to many chances).

This year I am in a league with a more full IDP lineup (3DL, 4LB, 3CB) so I definitely find myself doing a lot more research on the defensive players. I'm starting to think all leagues should be like this but people are often slow to convert.