[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Constitutional Amendment on Flag-Burning

wiegie

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest bunch of horse Athenat. This is being pushed by the replicans to take America's collective consciousness off the real issues like the war and immigration. Seems like they're getting nervous about the upcoming elections.

If you think that this is something important that Congress must act upon right now, then you are an absolute moran (and are likely harming America more by your idiocy than any stupid flag-burner ever could).

:D

Have you looked again at Chavez's thread about getting his panties in a wad because his wife turned on a TV? Most people here seem to have about 8-10 TVs in their house, and point to them with pride. I don't think there's a whole lotta thinkin' about anything going on in this country any more.

A law against flag burning sounds like something that they do in North Korea.

To amend the Constitution of the United States of America, the greatest document in world history, to include such a provision is repugnant and shameful.

This is the biggest bunch of horse Athenat. This is being pushed by the replicans to take America's collective consciousness off the real issues like the war and immigration. Seems like they're getting nervous about the upcoming elections.

Stupid Republicans! Why can't they address more important issues like tobacco reform and gun control? Oh wait, those were nonsensical issues raised by President Clinton in election years. It's a ridiculous assertion to pin such antics solely on Republicans. :D

That being said, I feel nothing but disdain and contempt for Americans (or anybody) who wish to burn our flag, but a Constitutional Amendment to ban flag burning is a blatant violation of the First Amendment. What a complete waste of time and intellectual effort. :D

That being said, I feel nothing but disdain and contempt for Americans (or anybody) who wish to burn our flag, but a Constitutional Amendment to ban flag burning is a blatant violation of the First Amendment. What a complete waste of time and intellectual effort. :D

And that (the bolded part) is the best reason to allow it - flag burners damage their own cause irreparably.

+1

I was driving past a VFW post and saw these "veterans" burning a BUNCH of glorious old American flags; my buddies and I stopped and beat the crap outta those frickin' traitors.

They kept sayin' something about a "flag code" but screw that, flag burning is flag burning and they deserve what they got, and we were happy to give it to 'em!

Worrying about this is a disgrace and shows just how out of touch those in washington are.

We need term limits.

A law against flag burning sounds like something that they do in North Korea.

To amend the Constitution of the United States of America, the greatest document in world history, to include such a provision is repugnant and shameful.

Of course, the ironic thing is that the constitutional ban on flag burning is intended to pander to those same folks who like to rail against "big government" ...

uh-huh

I was driving past a VFW post and saw these "veterans" burning a BUNCH of glorious old American flags; my buddies and I stopped and beat the crap outta those frickin' traitors.

They kept sayin' something about a "flag code" but screw that, flag burning is flag burning and they deserve what they got, and we were happy to give it to 'em!

:D

By the way, how do you retire the flag?