[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Atl - LB - Keith Brooking

Rating those projections, Better or Worse?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. 88 tackles, 28 assists, 3 sacks.

• Better
    • Worse

The Argument for Keith Brooking

Brooking is the ultimate team player, as shown again last season. Brooking moved inside and played out of position for the betterment of the team, though he showed at times he was uncomfortable in that role. Brooking had a nice season with 89 tackles, 26 assists, 3.5 sacks in 2005

Brooking playing his natual weakside position back in 2004 ended that season with 86 tackles, 15 assists, 2 sacks. Though his career season was in 2003 also at the weakside position where he had no competition at the LB position for tackles, and thus finished with 126 tackles, and 18 assists.

The Defense believes Brooking will have another solid season, but his numbers will never approach 100 tackles again, with the playmakers around him. Add that to the fact his offense is capable of running the ball, not allowing the Atlanta defense to be on the field as much as it was in 2003.

The Evidence

Atlanta 2006 schedule -

@CAR TB @NO ARZ BYE NYG PIT @CIN @DET CLE @BAL NO @WAS @TB DAL CAR @PHI

Closing Statements

Projections for Keith Brooking

88 tackles, 28 assists, 3 sacks.

The Verdict

Your vote decides.

Rating those projections, will Brooking do Better or Worse?

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

he prob gets pushed to the middle again, demorrio would be quicker at the will. he's too talented to get below 85 solos, so I'll say better. The days of 110 solos are gone though

Demorio Williams is going to the bench in favor of Boley on the Strong Side but they will find a way to get him on the field but you cant expect last yrs numbers from him...that means Brooking is the one to benefit from that...I say a bit better and he could approach 100 solos

Demorio Williams is going to the bench in favor of Boley on the Strong Side but they will find a way to get him on the field but you cant expect last yrs numbers from him...that means Brooking is the one to benefit from that...I say a bit better and he could approach 100 solos

I think the depth chart will be changing real quick between Williams and Boley because Williams outperformed him big time last year 99-42 in tackles...

I think the best projection is 86 tackles, 15 assists, 2 sacks. Which is good enough for same...

Edited by broncosn05

I think the depth chart will be changing real quick between Williams and Boley because Williams outperformed him big time last year 99-42 in tackles...

I think the best projection is 86 tackles, 15 assists, 2 sacks. Which is good enough for same...

dont want to hijack the brooking thread but demorio posted great FANTASY STATS but he was a liability in that many of those tackles came after contact for positive gains...Demorio is a good example of a poor NFL player putting up great Fantasy Numbers....but with that said the team likes his athleticism and will get him involved but dont fool yourself into thinking he will produce at last yrs levels cause he wont(barring injuries that move him back to WLB as a starter)

Something to chew on...IF Brooking gets moved to the middle, Boley is more at home at WLB than SLB. Being a USM player I may be drinking the kool-aid, but I'd look at him to be a big-time possible sleeper who would be worthy of a roster spot even now since he will be starting at SLB.