[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Atl - LB - Ed Hartwell

Rating those projections, Better or Worse?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. 82 tackles, 38 assists, 2 sacks

• Better
    • Worse

The Argument for Ed Hartwell

Hartwell was a disaster in the middle of the Atlanta defense long before he was injured in week 5 that ended his season. In 5 starts, Hartwell had only 16 tackles, 6 assists, 0 sacks in his injured 2005 season. Those are average numbers for the top 20 LBs for a 2 week period, let alone the 5 weeks it took Hartwell to accumulate them.

Hartwell was signed to anchor the middle of the Atlanta defense after a successful showing filling in for Ray Lewis in 2004. Hartwell in limted duty in 2004, had 56 tackles, 41 assists, 0 sacks.

The Defense believes Hartwell will bounce back, but will fail to live up to the preseason hype of 2005. Hartwell has a knack for sticking his nose in the play even if he isnt the first player to make contact, which should be mentioned by the 41 assists vs only 56 tackles in limted play in 2004.

The Evidence

Atlanta 2006 schedule -

@CAR TB @NO ARZ BYE NYG PIT @CIN @DET CLE @BAL NO @WAS @TB DAL CAR @PHI

Closing Statements

Projections for Ed Hartwell

82 tackles, 38 assists, 2 sacks

The Verdict

Your vote decides.

Rating those projections, will Hartwell do Better or Worse?

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Are we supposed to vote better or worse than the projection? That's what I understood, and I said worse. He just never seemed to fit into that defense, for whatever reason, and is coming off a very serious injury. Kinda reminds me of Barrow when he went to Washington.

I am in the minority here. I think he might outdo those projections - providing he comes back from his injury. He played very well with the Ravens. I think the difference in talent between the 2 teams might have been difficult for him to settle in and do his best. I for one would like to give him another year before I declare him a washout and that it was the better surrounding talent in Baltimore that made him the player he was. I think it would help if he was a 3 down player and not always pulled out on 3rd down. I'm not sure but I would bet he was a 3 down player with the Ravens and that of course would add up to more tackle opportunities etc.

Chiming in late but I don't think he will be a full-time player this season. He's just too fragile and he's not 100% right now nor do I think he will be come September. Williams will take away from his playing time and a healthy Beck may also see time if and when he recovers from his injuries.