[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WSOP Update

Easy n Dirty

Event #2, a $1500 buy-in NLHE event, is down to a final table of 9 contestants. Of those 9, the only one likely to appear on any of our fantasy rosters is Carlos Mortensen (I got him at #12), who has led for much of the tournament but goes into the final table as a relative short stack - I think he's 7th in chip count. Fantasy pool scores the top 16 finishers, so if you had Jennifer Harman she scored too, finishing 11th. I know Devilfish also made it deep, not sure if he cracked the top 16, I think he probably did.

Other notables who have cashed -

Paul Darden, 32nd

Phil Gordon, 46th

Eric Seidel, 49th

Greg raymer, a glaring omission from my roster - 63rd

Phil hellmuth, 67th

Tuan Le, 75th

Chau Giang, 76th

Hoyt Corkins, 79th

John Bonetti, 86th

Erik Lundgren, 89th

I'm sure there were others, I think they're paying 270 places or something like that.

I read about one hand, just prior to the bubble -

Mimi Tran, Allen Cunningham, and an unknown all got their entire stacks in pre-flop. tran had A-A, Cunningham 7-7, and the unknown had big slick. Flop of 10-4-2 seemed harmless enough, but the turn and river brought J and then Q, and big slick sent both Tran and Cunningham to the rail and out of the money.

I got to get myself to Vegas for a WSOP some day, although they say it is an absolute madhouse with hordes of people at the Rio.

EDIT - a handful of you may remember a Huddler of old who goes by the username NJ. NJ won a seat to the $10K main event, best of luck to him.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event #2, a $1500 buy-in NLHE event, is down to a final table of 9 contestants. Of those 9, the only one likely to appear on any of our fantasy rosters is Carlos Mortensen (I got him at #12), who has led for much of the tournament but goes into the final table as a relative short stack - I think he's 7th in chip count. Fantasy pool scores the top 16 finishers, so if you had Jennifer Harman she scored too, finishing 11th. I know Devilfish also made it deep, not sure if he cracked the top 16, I think he probably did.

Other notables who have cashed -

Paul Darden, 32nd

Phil Gordon, 46th

Eric Seidel, 49th

Greg raymer, a glaring omission from my roster - 63rd

Phil hellmuth, 67th

Tuan Le, 75th

Chau Giang, 76th

Hoyt Corkins, 79th

John Bonetti, 86th

Erik Lundgren, 89th

I'm sure there were others, I think they're paying 270 places or something like that.

I read about one hand, just prior to the bubble -

Mimi Tran, Allen Cunningham, and an unknown all got their entire stacks in pre-flop. tran had A-A, Cunningham 7-7, and the unknown had big slick. Flop of 10-4-2 seemed harmless enough, but the turn and river brought J and then Q, and big slick sent both Tran and Cunningham to the rail and out of the money.

I got to get myself to Vegas for a WSOP some day, although they say it is an absolute madhouse with hordes of people at the Rio.

EDIT - a handful of you may remember a Huddler of old who goes by the username NJ. NJ won a seat to the $10K main event, best of luck to him.

Cool. I heard that the main event will be available live on Pay Per View. I haven't seen any mention of it in the comcast listings though.

Cool. I heard that the main event will be available live on Pay Per View. I haven't seen any mention of it in the comcast listings though.

That would be interesting, but not sure I would pay much for it.

I will be staying at The Rio in late July, getting in the day of the $1000 NL with multiple rebuys tourney. THat is one tourney were some of the big name pros have some fun.. I remember two years ago Negreanu rebought about 20 times, having showed up to the tourney with bricks of cash. He was pushing all-in with tons of speculative hands like 67 suited, etc, figuringhe'd either grow a big stack or just rebuy.

I'll be sure to make it down to the areas where they are holding the tournies and I'll bring my digital camera and try get some pictures.

That is awesome BC- definitely one of my fanatasies- to play a seasons worth of WSOP events. That will be great time. Rebuy tourneys are fast & furious

I won't be playing, just watching..... but, if I were to hit the lottery (guess I have to play it though), then I would love to take 6 weeks off to play in as many WSOP events as I could.

Event #2 is over - Mortensen was the first one bounced from the final table, finishing 9th.

Event #3 (pot limit hold 'em, $1500 buy-in) is now down to a 9-man final table - only one there likely to be on anyone's roster is John Juanda, who is in 5th position in terms of chip count. Dewy Tomko busted out 10th.

Event #2 is over - Mortensen was the first one bounced from the final table, finishing 9th.

Event #3 (pot limit hold 'em, $1500 buy-in) is now down to a 9-man final table - only one there likely to be on anyone's roster is John Juanda, who is in 5th position in terms of chip count. Dewy Tomko busted out 10th.

Juanda was on just about everyone's roster.. some had him ranked very highly

and muck, as mentione d in another thread somewhere, the best updates I know of come from cardplayer.com

What's the link to the info?

I'm getting the info right here.

In event #4, which is a $1500 limit hold'em event, they played down to 69 players yesterday (thursday) and will resume play today, if they haven't already. Notables with chip counts are:

Phil Ivey - 47,500, 7th place

Phil Gordon - 19,500, well down the list

Top player has 64,500 chips, and play will resume today with blinds of 1000/1500 and limits of 1500/300, which would seem to thin out the crowd pretty quickly.

Phil Ivey's currently 3rd in chips at the Limit Hold Em game.

Not sure where you're getting this info - the link shown above says he finished yesterday in 7th place and play does not resume until 2Pm today, which I assume is local Las Vegas time. :D

Event #1 -- top 16:

Brandon Cantu

Mark Ly

Drew Rubin

Lee Padilla

Brent Roberts

Don Zewin

Ron Stanley

Mark Swartz

Juan Carlos Mortensen

Tom Nguyen

Jennifer Harmon

Jack Rosenfeldt

Ali Eslami

Chad Burum

David BAker

Adam Smith

...others of note...

24. Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott

46. Phil Gordon

49. Eric Seidel

63. Greg Raymer

67. Phil Hellmuth

75. Tuan Le

According to the PokerPages link above, John Juanda cashed at #8 ... the only player of note in Event #3.

According to the CardPlayer link above the only player still playing in Event #4 of note is Phil Ivey, who is #8 of 23 still with chips. He has $82k, and the big stack has $156k.

Edited by muck

Event #5 has the following notables still in (according to PokerPages):

Daniel Negreanu (huge chip leader)

Mike Matusow

Howard Lederer

Cindy Violette

David Williams

Phil Ivey (still in Event #4 ... could be a problem given the short-handed nature of Event #5)

Edited by muck

There won't be cameras to see the hands though so it could get pretty boring.

Event #5 has the following notables still in (according to PokerPages):

Daniel Negreanu (huge chip leader)

Mike Matusow

Howard Lederer

Cindy Violette

David Williams

Phil Ivey (still in Event #4 ... could be a problem given the short-handed nature of Event #5)

Negreanu and Matusow are the two biggest chip stacks ... Joe Hachem is sitting on a sizeable stack, too. Gavin Smith is still alive.

Chan, Hellmuth and Ferguson are all out of Event #5 now.

According to the PokerPages link above, John Juanda cashed at #8 ... the only player of note in Event #3.

According to the CardPlayer link above the only player still playing in Event #4 of note is Phil Ivey, who is #8 of 23 still with chips. He has $82k, and the big stack has $156k.

...looks like Mr. Ivey busted out at #21... No one I've ever heard of (have I heard of Lars Hansen?) made the top 16...

39 players still alive in Event #5:

Notables still alive:

1. Daniel Negreanu

2. Gavin Smith

15. Erick Lindgren

20. Mike Matusow

24. Joe Hachem

30. Freddie Deeb

Nine left ...

Gavin Smith monied at #12 ... Negreanu is still chip leader and Hachem is still alive as well. Everyone else finished out of the top 16.