[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WSOP Update

Easy n Dirty

I guess my question is this then..... Did he address this with the WSOP people prior to blasting it over the airwaves? Did he address it with anyone before coming out with his blog? How do they get the chip counts to begin with.... do the players just say how much they have at the end of each session?

I would say that they got the starting amount of players correct. Can't seem them screwing up the total by 50 players.

So maybe Brodie should go back over each session end and check the chip counts versus what was supposed to be there and he could then tell when the extra chips were added. Because I too am skeptical of players adding that amount of chips.... that's a lot of cheating players.

Surely there are checks and balances in something as hugh as this event is.

Ah well.... they have all day today to come up with an explaination since today is a day off. Probably need to copy and past the counts shown now and check them against the starting totals tomm. :D

I guess I disagree with you about Brodie's level of responsibility to investigate this thoroughly before "blasting it over the airwaves" in his private poker blog. It's a legitimate question, and he's not doing any harm IMO by raising it. The responsibility to investigate it, if in fact there is anything to be investigated here, rests with Harrahs, not with Brodie.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't see tanking it at all, the difference between first and second is about $6m I think. $6m is plenty, but $12m is a whole lot better methinks.

I do remember however reading last year where Dannenman (sp?) was somewhat relived to finish second to Hachem in the main event, he may have even said something to that effect to Hachem afterwards. Apparently he felt a little awkward at potentially winning the whole thing as a decidedly amateur player against top professionals, especially since he had to get some lucky suck-outs to make it that far. An admirable sentiment, although I think the reality is that whoever makes it to the final table or further must have sucked out a couple times along the way.

I thought Dannanman came across as a bit of a clown on the final table telecast, but I've read some pretty positive stuff about the guy, including comments from a number of the pros stating that he has improved his game by leaps and bounds since that run in last year's main event (as opposed to Moneymaker, who is not highly regarded by other pros from what little I have seen).

Danneman said he was happy that Hachem won it as Hachem was a professional and he said that Hachem would make a better representative for poker than Danneman would. Also, from what I hear Danneman is already very well off with a succesful financial consulting company that for him, the difference in pay last year was not too significant.

BTW, not that anyone cares, but had some connectivity issues at home, and as no one on any roster has placed in the small buy in events, I didn't do the update... as it would have no affect on the standings. Hopefully all is better at home so I can do that tonight, though tonight is a much busier night for me

Interesting article. I could see where someone may tank it to 2nd place -- after all, $6,000,000 is enough coin to retire on -- if he were that private of a person. Didn't Moneymaker get divorced because of his poker fame? I think I read his wife didn't want to be married to a full-time traveling poker player. I'd win and then go into seclusion though.

I dunno- I thought it was a weird statement and smelled like BS to me. You are playing the ME for the competition.....yet you would lay down and finish 2nd??? cmon. Also, if he did get in the position to laydown, does he honestly think he wouldn't still be famous for that Rosie O'Donnell move??- he would get ridiculed. I mean, if your playing the ME, and are the chip leader for most of it - play to win, and keep the integrity of the game intact-

Yea, no one is saying he has to tour the country with Raymer & MM- win the thing, go back to Mailbu and chill

Some news for those with Sirius...

World Series of Poker Broadcasts Live On Sirius Satellite Radio

Harrah's Entertainment announced today a Harrah's subsidiary has signed a letter of intent with BLUFF MEDIA, publisher of Bluff Magazine and producers of Bluff Poker Radio, for production of live radio broadcasts from the World Series of Poker® Presented by Milwaukee's Best Light. The non-binding agreement is subject to definitive documentation.

Bluff Poker Radio's live World Series of Poker broadcasts, which can be heard exclusively on Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 125, will span a minimum of 10 hours a day for 43 days beginning June 29 and continuing through the final table of the $10,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold 'Em World Championship, often referred to as the Main Event.

"This is another first for poker," said Jeffrey Pollack, Commissioner of the World Series of Poker. "Now fans can experience all of the color, thrills and action of our tournament on Sirius Satellite Radio and with expert perspective and behind-the-scenes access from Bluff Poker Radio."

The final table will be broadcast live. Not very good without the hole cards, but just throwing the info out.

Edited by TimC

Some news for those with Sirius...

The final table will be broadcast live. Not very good without the hole cards, but just throwing the info out.

All final tables have been broadcast live. I've been listening to it all month long...

All final tables have been broadcast live. I've been listening to it all month long...

Having never done it, I would have thought that listening to poker on the radio is about as boring as it gets. I guess not if you're still listeining to them, but what can they do to spice it up?

Final Table

1Jamie Gold25,650,000

2Allen Cunningham17,770,000

3Richard Lee11,820,000

4Erik Friberg9,605,000

5Paul Wasicka7,970,000

6Doug Kim6,770,000

7Rhett Butler4,815,000

8Michael Binger3,140,000

9Dan Nassif2,600,000

Final Table Seating and Chips

Seat 1 - Richard Lee - $11,820,000

Seat 2 - Erik Friberg - $9,605,000

Seat 3 - Paul Wasicka - $7,970,000

Seat 4 - Dan Nassif - $2,600,000

Seat 5 - Allen Cunningham - $17,770,000

Seat 6 - Michael Binger - $3,140,000

Seat 7 - Doug Kim - $6,770,000

Seat 8 - Jamie Gold - $26,650,000

Seat 9 - Rhett Butler - $4,815,000

Final Table Seating and Chips

Seat 1 - Richard Lee - $11,820,000

Seat 2 - Erik Friberg - $9,605,000

Seat 3 - Paul Wasicka - $7,970,000

Seat 4 - Dan Nassif - $2,600,000

Seat 5 - Allen Cunningham - $17,770,000

Seat 6 - Michael Binger - $3,140,000

Seat 7 - Doug Kim - $6,770,000

Seat 8 - Jamie Gold - $26,650,000

Seat 9 - Rhett Butler - $4,815,000

Tough draw for Cunningham. He should be able to eat Nassif up wit hthat position, but the others infront of him have decent enough stacks to significantly damage his stack. Gold on the other hand has two of the smaller stacks in front of him then will have position on Cunnigham throughout.

Still, not knowing more about the other players and their varying skill levels, I give the nod to Cunningham. I would really like to see an established prop take down the Main Event, and after the run AC had last year, he would make a worthy and deserving WSOP ME Champion.

Tough draw for Cunningham. He should be able to eat Nassif up wit hthat position, but the others infront of him have decent enough stacks to significantly damage his stack. Gold on the other hand has two of the smaller stacks in front of him then will have position on Cunnigham throughout.

Still, not knowing more about the other players and their varying skill levels, I give the nod to Cunningham. I would really like to see an established prop take down the Main Event, and after the run AC had last year, he would make a worthy and deserving WSOP ME Champion.

Dan Nassif is the step-brother of a friend of mine.

Note, whomever wins this event will be the highest paid tournament-only poker player in the history of the world (on a non-inflaction adjusted basis).

Well.. until the 6-man, $10 million buy-in tourney happens. (Gotta do a search to find that one, forget the details on it, I know Phil Ivey was the first announced participant) Hopefully that one is still happening

Just for that, I'll hope he survives long enough to not be the first one eliminated today.

No dice. Can't feel too badly for him, he does take home a little over $1.5m.

Jamie Gold Eliminates Dan Nassif in 9th Place

No Limit Hold'em Main Event

Aug 10, 2006 / 17:30:39 EDT

Jamie Gold raised from early position, Dan Nassif reraised from the button to 700K, and Gold called. Before the flop, Gold checked in the dark.

The flop came 532, Nassif moved all in, and Gold called. The players showed:

Dan Nassif AK

Jamie Gold 22

Nassif has two overcards and a gutshot straight draw, but Gold leads with a set of deuces. Before the turn card comes, Gold tells Nassif he would have folded if he had moved all in preflop, but Nassif priced him into the pot.

The turn card was the A, and Nassif needs a four on the river to chop the pot with a straight on the board. The river card was the 10, and Gold won the pot with a set of deuces. Dan Nassif was eliminated in 9th place, earning $1,566,858.

Well.. until the 6-man, $10 million buy-in tourney happens. (Gotta do a search to find that one, forget the details on it, I know Phil Ivey was the first announced participant) Hopefully that one is still happening

If you are talking about the one that started a bit back.... that was an interesting tourney.... the pro's were down big time until Ted Forrest dug them out. At least that is the story I heard.

Blinds are 80k/160k

1Jamie Gold34,500,000

2Richard Lee16,000,000

3Allen Cunningham12,000,000

4Erik Friberg7,700,000

5Doug Kim5,860,000

6Paul Wasicka5,560,000

7Rhett Butler4,860,000

8Michael Binger4,360,000

If you are talking about the one that started a bit back.... that was an interesting tourney.... the pro's were down big time until Ted Forrest dug them out. At least that is the story I heard.

No, that is the big cash game the pros have with Andy Beal.

THere is a 6-man tourney that will feature a 10-million dollar buy in. I'll have to do some searching where Irad about it, just remember they were going to announce one participant a month and Ivey was the first announced participant