[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Wallace to the Bulls

CaptainHook

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how's ol' Ben doing Bulls fans?

Can you see why not too many of us in Dee-troit were upset when the Pistons let him go?

Chicago is a better team with him, but he has definitely proven that he is on the downside of his career as expected. And there's 3 more years at $15 mil/per. Nice work Paxson.

Ben has made his name by rebounding, blocks and steals. He currently ranks:

Rebounding - 13th place behind such studs as Davis Lee, Al Jefferson and...gulp....Tyson Chandler :D

Blocks - 11th place behind Samuel Dalembert :D

Steals - 13th place behind Rafer Alston :bash:

He remains a good player who is slipping and VERY expensive.

Here is why Joe Dumars is in a class by himself as a GM. He didn't feel pressured to sign Ben at all costs (although there was considerable public outcry to keep the "face" of the team). Then the guy he brings in to help replace him (Nazr Mohammed) is pretty much a bust. Joe realizes this and goes out and steals Chris Webber for a bargain basement price and the Pistons are 11-2 since putting him in the starting lineup.

The balance of power hasn't shifted quite yet in the East.

Edited by Puddy

Rebounding - 13th place behind such studs as Davis Lee, Al Jefferson and...gulp....Tyson Chandler :D

this stat is a bit misleading since the bulls as a team are a real good rebounding team, so Ben will naturally have less rebounds.

the bulls biggest problem is an inside scorer. they can't take that next step from playoff contenders to finals contenders with out one.

But the bulls still have a lot of options in mainly due to Isaiah Thomas.

And about Paxon, as a bulls fans i love him. That 5-6 year period post Jordan was brutal. we had 2 failed rebuilding periods. and pax overall has done more good moves than bad ones.

But the bulls still have a lot of options in mainly due to Isaiah Thomas.

I assume you say this because of the Curry trade a few years back?

I think the Bulls could use Curry right about now granted what they have gotten in return might be better but Curry is solid these days and is only going to get better, wait until he gets on a solid team. 20 / 9 for the next 8 years. I will say he needs to increase his boards though averaging only 7 right now is pathetic and his blocks need to improve but that's probably not his game as much (the blocks part).

that curry trade i real complicated. the first domino to fall was curry heart condition. paxon did not want to risk a contract with curry and his condition. so it looks like pax was wrong about the health so far. but this is what the bulls got back when it was all said and done.

Tim Thomas - did not play for bulls

Michael Sweetney - fat and slow, can play just a few minutes at a high level

2-1st round picks (Tyrus Thomas) - Im still waiting to form an opinion on him.

Ill say this, this seemed a lot more lopsided a year ago. than today.

for the right deal i would like paul gasol in a bull uniform.

He remains a good player who is slipping and VERY expensive.

The NBA is much less forgiving than any other major sport when you overpay a player. Paying HUGH contracts to guys that aren't all out studs seems to virtually kill your chances of competing for a champioship for the life of the contract.