[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demorrio Williams

Was last season an abberation for this young LB or a sign of things to come?

he isnt going to be a starter this yr(thats not conjecture either he is truly 2nd string now)....

the abberation is that he scored great fantasy points but those tackles werent at the point of impact...

Atlanta LBs look to be

WLB Brooking

MLB Hartwell

SLB Boley

Williams will get his fare share of snaps but he wont be putting up numbers anything close to last yrs numbers

Edited by keggerz

he isnt going to be a starter this yr(thats not conjecture either he is truly 2nd string now)....

the abberation is that he scored great fantasy points but those tackles werent at the point of impact...

Atlanta LBs look to be

WLB Brooking

MLB Hartwell

SLB Boley

Williams will get his fare share of snaps but he wont be putting up numbers anything close to last yrs numbers

I hope the Falcons can sneak Williams in there he would be a guy that could take over after Brooking leaves without that much of a drop. Not knocking down Brooking just praising Williams' talent.

I hope the Falcons can sneak Williams in there he would be a guy that could take over after Brooking leaves without that much of a drop. Not knocking down Brooking just praising Williams' talent.

He is a good stash and hold candidate for when Brooking retires, but his cost is too high now given his performance last year ...

Wow, that's surprising to hear. He really had a very strong season, and it was only his second one in the year. He's 232 and had 99 solo (127 total) tackles, so he must have had some that were at the point of impact. I can't imagine that too many players would have been dragging him around. By comparison Andra Davis had 149 tackles, but only 89 of those were solo.

If he's not even going to start than I guess my cut-down strategy in my keeper league is going to have to change a bit and I'll have to release him instead of Antonio Pierce (who I was hoping would be overlooked by the lugnuts in my league so I could pick him back up around the third or fourth round). I don't even know who Hartwell and Boley are...I can't imagine that they'd be an improvement though.

Edited by Crazysight

Wow, that's surprising to hear. He really had a very strong season, and it was only his second one in the year. He's 232 and had 99 solo (127 total) tackles, so he must have had some that were at the point of impact. I can't imagine that too many players would have been dragging him around. By comparison Andra Davis had 149 tackles, but only 89 of those were solo.

If he's not even going to start than I guess my cut-down strategy in my keeper league is going to have to change a bit and I'll have to release him instead of Antonio Pierce (who I was hoping would be overlooked by the lugnuts in my league so I could pick him back up around the third or fourth round). I don't even know who Hartwell and Boley are...I can't imagine that they'd be an improvement though.

No f'n way you keep Demo over Peirce. Demo did get dragged over the field. he lost his SLB spot to Boley precisely because he was getting drug around and was a liability against the run ...

Dunno but fantasy points wise he scored about 20 more points than did Pierce in my league (of course this wouldn't have been the case had Pierce not been injured). There's no way I'll get Demorrio back if I release him because all the fools in my league know are points, and I know they'd overlook Pierce. But if Demorrio isn't even going to start than it makes the decision easy for me.

Edited by Crazysight

Atlanta LBs look to be

WLB Brooking

MLB Hartwell

SLB Boley

Yep.

And ol' Sarge is going to have to eat some crow on this one -- I told him back in March or so they were leaning toward demoting Williams and starting the trio above and he called me crazy. :D

FWIW, Demorrio is still inline to play next to Brooking in the nickel. Apparently, Falcons coaches are comfortable with him there, since he played well in that role as a rookie. And, if you ask Rovers, the nickel is half the snaps in the game, so Williams will be fine. :D

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Dunno but fantasy points wise he scored about 20 more points than did Pierce in my league (of course this wouldn't have been the case had Pierce not been injured). There's no way I'll get Demorrio back if I release him because all the fools in my league know are points, and I know they'd overlook Pierce. But if Demorrio isn't even going to start than it makes the decision easy for me.

Instead of releasing him can he be traded? You may get something good if everyone is so high on him.

Yep.

And ol' Sarge is going to have to eat some crow on this one -- I told him back in March or so they were leaning toward demoting Williams and starting the trio above and he called me crazy. :D

FWIW, Demorrio is still inline to play next to Brooking in the nickel. Apparently, Falcons coaches are comfortable with him there, since he played well in that role as a rookie. And, if you ask Rovers, the nickel is half the snaps in the game, so Williams will be fine. :D

Which is one reason why Hartwell is a lousy MLB FF-wise. He hasn't shown much by NFL standards as an MLB either though. Atlanta is likely to run less nickel and dime than GB is likely to, however (additional note for Swissy)

Probably can't trade him in my league. Owners are very stingy about trading, particularly with me.

I would think that someone would give you something for him rather than take a chance of not getting him off waivers. You may not get alot but you should get something.

I would think that someone would give you something for him rather than take a chance of not getting him off waivers. You may not get alot but you should get something.

Its worth a try. Hit up every team in the league and see what happens. In training camp there are bound to be some injuries and owners will be looking for linebackers to replace the ones injured (as long as Domo isn't one of them) If you can hold off a couple of weeks.....I agree you should be able to get something for him! If you can't wait - just start peddling him now.