[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strahan videotapes sister in-law undressing

Avernus

http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?...ll=1&thispage=1

Wife: Strahan secretly taped sister-in-law

Testifies that bedroom video camera caught woman undressing

Thursday, July 13, 2006

BY WILLIAM KLEINKNECHT

Star-Ledger Staff

Giants defensive end Michael Strahan secretly installed a videotaping system in the bedroom of his Pennsylvania home in 1997 and recorded his future sister-in-law undressing, his wife testified in their divorce case yesterday.

"I had found video equipment in my bedroom," Jean Strahan said in Superior Court in Newark. "He had been taping my sister undressing."

Strahan, who was living with her future husband in the East Stroudsburg home, said Michael Strahan wired $30,000 to her personal bank account in North Dakota as a result of the incident. But Judge James Convery waived her off the subject at that point. She was not able to say whether the money was intended for her sister.

Jean Strahan took the stand for the first time yesterday in the couple's bitter divorce battle, which is focused on her claim that she is entitled to $14 million in accordance with a pre-nuptial agreement. Her husband contends she is only due $7 million.

The two were married in July 1999 and lived in Montclair before their highly publicized split in March, which was accompanied by domestic violence allegations that were later thrown out of court.

Her testimony about the videotape was one of several surprise revelations, as her attorney, Ellen Marshall, sought to place embarrassing details on the record to undermine Michael Strahan's credibility.

Michael Strahan's attorney, Robert Penza, appeared livid about some of the salacious information that was slipping into the record -- including the tidbit that his client had a sperm analysis while the couple were trying to have children -- but he made no comment afterward.

While Michael Strahan was on the stand, Marshall pressed him on vacations he had taken with two women last year while he was still living with his wife. She identified the women as Theresa Higgonbothom and Lindsey Dierling, but gave no other details about them. She said the spellings were approximate.

She also sought to play a videotape of the football player holding hands with a third woman, Nicole D'Oliveira of Toronto, during an ostensible golf trip to Phoenix in April 2005. Marshall said afterward the video was shot by a private investigator, but not one working for her.

Marshall has alleged Michael Strahan has had an ongoing relationship with D'Oliveira, and has subpoenaed her to be a witness in the case. The Canadian resident has not answered the subpoena.

Convery, appearing frustrated at times with Marshall's tactics, would not allow the videotape, saying that it was not relevant to the financial issues being contested in the trial.

Marshall responded that she had a right to impeach Michael Strahan's credibility. She said he denied having a relationship with D'Oliveira and testified under oath that it was a golf trip in Phoenix.

"If he'll lie about one thing, why would he not lie about all things," she said.

"You may cross-examine him, but you are not going to show a picture," the judge said.

Michael Strahan did not answer whether he took D'Oliveira to Phoenix, saying only that he paid for his flight and his hotel room and no one else's.

Marshall also dueled with him over a trip he took with Dierling. He said that he did business with her sometimes, but he would not say what kind. Pressed by the judge, he admitted that it was not business that brought him any income.

In her testimony, Jean Strahan strongly denied her husband's contention that she had verbally agreed to a revision of their pre-nuptial agreement.

She said she asked Strahan every year of their marriage to abide by the provision that required him to turn over 20 percent of his income to her by Jan. 15 of each year. She said he asked her to change the agreement, but she refused.

"I told him I wasn't redoing anything," she said. "I had already signed a pre-nuptial agreement that he asked me to sign."

In other testimony, Jean Strahan said she was dating her future husband for months in the mid-1990s before learning, from another party, that he was married.

She said when she confronted him about it, there was an ugly scene that was linked to a serious domestic violence allegation she had made against him earlier in the divorce case. The judge prevented her from elaborating.

In March, Jean Strahan accused her husband of brutally beating her in Germany in 1996, before they were married, and her attorney displayed photographs of her bloody and bruised.

But Judge Thomas Zampino, who was assigned to the case before Convery, ruled that the decade-old pictures were not relevant to the current domestic violence complaint. He threw out the domestic violence charges.

:D:D:D

Everyone is so lucky this trash is now a matter of public record. :D

I don't know the situation, but if he was lying to her about being married when they first dated, and he was abusive right off the bat, they why the hell did she marry him? If it was for money, then I have very little sympathy for her.

Everyone is so lucky this trash is now a matter of public record. :D

I don't know the situation, but if he was lying to her about being married when they first dated, and he was abusive right off the bat, they why the hell did she marry him? If it was for money, then I have very little sympathy for her.

pretty much...

but I want to see what her sister looks like... :D

I thought she said he was ghey? NTTAWWT

Thats what I was thinking as i was reading the article. Is he or isn't he?

Can you say "cover up"?

Nothing screams "I'm not ghey" more than a little videotaping of some broad.

Sounds like a payoff is involved here. He asks his "wife" if her sister is down to make a cool couple of million, and there ya go. He's not ghey anymore. :D

"I had found video equipment in my bedroom," Jean Strahan said in Superior Court in Newark. "He had been taping my sister undressing."

So she says she found the video equipment in HER bedroom and she says that he's taping her sister undressing? :D

This lady is a piece of work. She's been flinging so much mud, she can't even get her stories straight anymore. Did I just say straight? :D