[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge, Caddy or Rudy

12 team keeper league. Keepers are out and these are the top 3 on the board. Picking 2nd. What order do you put them in? All three could possibly be available as the guy with the first pick is rummored to be taking Bush. If you go by the rankings Edge should be my first choice. I am just not wild about the pick and need to be convinced. Right now I think Caddy....Rudy....Edge. :D My RB1 is Portis.

I'm against everyone because I think Edge will be great but you can't go wrong with Caddy either. They are gonna use him even more this year. Rudi is 3 on my list but that mean I think he is bad.

Edge Caddy Rudy is how I would rank them ---- Caddy is supposed to be getting 3down looks and passes this year..

I would go Rudi, Edge than Caddy

No way can you rank Rudi above Edge in a PPR League. Edge still will be used to catch passes out of the backfield. He had 44 Receptions last year compared to Rudi with 23 and Caddy with 20. Gruden says he will get Caddy more invoved on 3rd downs, I'll wait to see that happen. I would rank Rudi #2 but no way ahead of Edge in a PPR League.

How many players can you keep and for how long?

If you can keep more than 2 players for say 3+ years I would go with Caddy, Rudi and then Edge. Caddy and Rudi are better if you can lock a player up long term

If you can only keep players for 2-3 years I would go with Edge. He had twice as many receptions as Caddy or Rudi had last year and AZ will utlize him in the passing game.

No way can you rank Rudi above Edge in a PPR League. Edge still will be used to catch passes out of the backfield. He had 44 Receptions last year compared to Rudi with 23 and Caddy with 20. Gruden says he will get Caddy more invoved on 3rd downs, I'll wait to see that happen. I would rank Rudi #2 but no way ahead of Edge in a PPR League.

Edge plays for Arizona now. he is older, gonna take worse hits than he has ever taken before..and won't have a line to block in front of him...you go ahead and take him in front of Rudi who has Willie Anderson opening up holes the size of the moon for him to run through. I myself will take Rudi before him..and by the time the season starts I may even move Caddy in front of him. for now I go with Edge over Caddy though.

I take Edge last. If you want stability, go Rudi. If you're looking for higher upside, go Caddy.

I think Edge is gonna run into the same O-Line issues every other Cards RB has ever had. Denny Green has never had a huge production back.. ever, he doesn't give them the ball enough. There's also a better than average chance Warner gets hurt (O-Line).

Leinert is still a rook, even if he does sign and get to camp. I heard today on local radio his agent is talking about #1 pick money. Cards are notorious for not getting players to camp on time, although that has changed a bit since Green has been here.

Not saying Edge is gonna be a bust, just don't think he's gonna put up anything near his typical #s.. too many concerns for me in other areas that are gonna affect him.

I take Edge last. If you want stability, go Rudi. If you're looking for higher upside, go Caddy.

I think Edge is gonna run into the same O-Line issues every other Cards RB has ever had. Denny Green has never had a huge production back.. ever, he doesn't give them the ball enough. There's also a better than average chance Warner gets hurt (O-Line).

Leinert is still a rook, even if he does sign and get to camp. I heard today on local radio his agent is talking about #1 pick money. Cards are notorious for not getting players to camp on time, although that has changed a bit since Green has been here.

Not saying Edge is gonna be a bust, just don't think he's gonna put up anything near his typical #s.. too many concerns for me in other areas that are gonna affect him.

Once again, I point to Emmitt Smith several years back. That Cardinals team had less talent then the one last year. Smith had nearly 1000 yards and 9 touchdowns. I like my chances with a healthy and prime Edge.

PPR league? In order:

Edge - sure, he's got the most mileage, but I think he's a rare back. So what if the Cards' OL isn't that great? Look at Goopster's E Smith example; not to mention that the Cards can pass the ball - if the run game is getting stuffed, it's not hard to see Edge getting 60-70 touches on pass dump-offs

Caddy - durability scares me a bit, but I think Gruden's "heavier use" includes a LOT of receiving duty to spare him some of the battering RBs take on handoffs

Rudi - probably finishes with a few more rushing yds and tds, but has NO impact on Cincy's passing game AND Chris Perry looking over his shoulder - neither of the other two guys have a former #1 draft pick breathing down their necks, their backups are quite clearly backups

Denny Green has never had a huge production back.. ever, he doesn't give them the ball enough.

Terry Allen and Robert Smith did VERY well under Green when healthy - Green had a 1000 yd rusher 6 of 9 seasons in Minny, and his guys topped 1200 yds 3 times + 1 1187 yd season. Neither Smith nor Allen were the caliber of receiver James is.

Bottom line is I can see Edge at 1600 yds or more - be it 1300 rushing and 300 rec or squeaking over 1000 on the ground and 600 through the air; Rudi seems to be good for 1500 on the ground, but that's all your gonna get, and Perry may or may not take a bite out of that. Caddy smells like 1500 combined to me. I don't expect much separation on tds - 10-14 for each, with Caddy having the least upside on that front.

So really, I'd lump them all in the same tier.

Terry Allen and Robert Smith did VERY well under Green when healthy - Green had a 1000 yd rusher 6 of 9 seasons in Minny, and his guys topped 1200 yds 3 times + 1 1187 yd season. Neither Smith nor Allen were the caliber of receiver James is.

Bottom line is I can see Edge at 1600 yds or more - be it 1300 rushing and 300 rec or squeaking over 1000 on the ground and 600 through the air; Rudi seems to be good for 1500 on the ground, but that's all your gonna get, and Perry may or may not take a bite out of that. Caddy smells like 1500 combined to me. I don't expect much separation on tds - 10-14 for each, with Caddy having the least upside on that front.

So really, I'd lump them all in the same tier.

I'd put them all in the same tier as well, just some things to worry me about in AZ. I know Green had some solid RB performers in the past that didn't have the talent James had, but don't think any of them put up James/1st round type numbers. Not trying to say James will be a bust by any means, just think his #s drop a bit from previous years.