[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taking naps

rajncajn

Yep....this is ridiculous. 30-60 seconds for each page to load. This started yesterday afternoon after I hear they changed ad servers? I can't spend this much time waiting for a page to load while I'm at work. Might as well consider me like some of the rest....blocked from the huddle at work, because I can't keep doing this! :D

Yep....this is ridiculous. 30-60 seconds for each page to load. This started yesterday afternoon after I hear they changed ad servers? I can't spend this much time waiting for a page to load while I'm at work. Might as well consider me like some of the rest....blocked from the huddle at work, because I can't keep doing this! :D

I did an experiment and one of their ads is indeed causing this.

(PM me for more details)

Ursa...as an IT guy...if your employees visit sites with banner ads and such, does that draw the attention of the IT guys more then if they were visiting sites without the ads? Just curious...

Not in our case. Some banner ads are filtered, others are not - it depends on the nature of the underlying web site. In any case, the filtering system is automatic - no-one here has enough time to worry about who visits banner ad sites. The only time I provide reports to anyone is if HR or senior management ask for them.

One thing that helps is if it is running slow is to close IE and start it up again.

(An ad for Fantasy-GM.com manager is causing a slow-down whenever it appears :D ).

Edited by Big John

I thought it was just me ... at work.

At home (in the evening) response time was okay.

But here at work it has been brutal waiting for the screen to load.

Exactly the same as me - at work the pages stop loading for about twenty seconds with the message in the bottom left of Firefox "transferring data from forums,thehuddle.com", then finish loading. At home the delay is much less marked.

Well, I'd sure like to know what's going on. Now at home and no problems.

All day Monday I had no problems at work, until about 2 pm CT, all of the sudden it sloooowed way down. Got home last night, no problems. At home this morning, no problems. Get to work, big problems. Both IE and Firefox.

This is the only site I am having a problem with.

What the heck is that all about?

Edited by BillyBalata

Nope...back at work this morning and the same problem.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, apparently there is something all our work computers don't like about this adcorps stuff. If my work computer doesn't like it, well then my IT guys can't be far behind.

Looks like I will be spending my day time hours somewhere else. :D

Nope...back at work this morning and the same problem.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, apparently there is something all our work computers don't like about this adcorps stuff. If my work computer doesn't like it, well then my IT guys can't be far behind.

Looks like I will be spending my day time hours somewhere else. :D

Same here :D. I don't get it, I've checked other sites that have banner ads & NONE have the problems we're experiencing here. What could possibly be different here that is causing this problem?

I know you guys don't want to hear, DMD & WW. But I still say I would gladly pay an extra fee to drop the ads. :D