[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't use The Huddle like this

rajncajn

:D It's just taking way too long to browse. I've tried blocking the site Big John referred to, I've tried using both Firefox & IE, I've tried clearing my cache, history & temp internet files & nothing has helped. :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've picked up several trojans here lately also. Has to be since I don't go to any other sites.

They sell trojans here?

I am having some lagtime, but nothing I would consider more than just a minor annoyance. I don't understand why some are having more problems than others. :D

Guess I've been lucky as it has worked fine for me today.. though I have noticed one of the ads causes the background of the entire screen ot change colors

I saw that too! Plus everything has just slowed down dramatically over the last two days (as far as the forums loading/refreshing).

I asked one of our IT guys about this today. He says it's most likely a corporate issue for anyone that is having troubles. Our parent company will have a list of ad banner companies and that they will automatically block anything from them. So it seems this adcorp is on a list that alot of our companies are deeming undesirable.

I think we've pretty much nailed it down to people @ work on corporate networks. Probably something to do with cummulative crap from the ad servers, etc. as mentioned. I just won't surf here at work anymore if it continues like this. No biggie. It's like having it blocked basically, so I guess it's time to get my rearend to work and quit screwing around on the net. :D

Edited by Hitman

I think we've pretty much nailed it down to people @ work on corporate networks. Probably something to do with cummulative crap from the ad servers, etc. as mentioned.

Yes, I think it's either the firewalls or the corporate proxy servers / web filters that are spending time splitting out the ads from the page. If I get the chance tomorrow, I'll check the reports on our systems.

On the plus side, I'm getting through a shedful of work. :D

I think we've pretty much nailed it down to people @ work on corporate networks. Probably something to do with cummulative crap from the ad servers, etc. as mentioned. I just won't surf here at work anymore if it continues like this. No biggie. It's like having it blocked basically, so I guess it's time to get my rearend to work and quit screwing around on the net. :D

:D Twice the ads = half the traffic. Not a trade off that I would find acceptable as a business owner.

That's crazy talk...F that! :D

:D

Guest Cherni

All my access to the Huddle ... both the main page (content) AND the message boards are dragging major ass.

Sucks.

Same here. None of the other boards I'm on are having trouble so the corporate firewall idea is down the drain. Just in time for football season, this is no good.

Same here. None of the other boards I'm on are having trouble so the corporate firewall idea is down the drain. Just in time for football season, this is no good.

What makes you think that? Are they using the same banners company the huddle is using and working fine?

sigh...

It's not as simple as just being behind a corporate firewall.

I spent a couple hours yesterday afternoon with one of our IT guys, upgrading and installing some new softwares on my computer. I showed him how long it takes for the home page and the message boards to load. We're not talking a lag time of 5-10 seconds here, we're talking over 30 seconds, and most times up to a minute for each and every page to load.

He told me, yep, that's corporate blocking the ads on that site. It's not even in our building but over at the corporate office that its taking place. He checked this morning to see if he could find out what ad servers were on that banned list, and he did find out adcorps was on that list.

So maybe those who are not having trouble at work and are behind corporate firewalls, their company doesn't work off that same list. I don't know.

But bottom line, I think it's obvious it is this particular ad/banner company that many our our workplaces IT depts have deemed undesirable. It started the same afternoon the huddle switched server companies. It only happens to us at work, not at home. And one of my IT guys confirm that's what it is. :D

Edited by BillyBalata

So maybe those who are not having trouble at work and are behind corporate firewalls, their company doesn't work off that same list. I don't know.

But bottom line, I think it's obvious it is this particular ad/banner company that many our our workplaces IT depts have deemed undesirable. It started the same afternoon the huddle switched server companies. It only happens to us at work, not at home. And one of my IT guys confirm that's what it is. :D

sounds right. since some folks have commented that the ads have tried to install cookies or some spamware, setting off the anti-virus software, it is not surprising that it is getting blocked. hopefully it will continue to go unnoticed here ... :D