[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Best TD and Kickoff Music?

muck

The song "Rock & Roll, part II" by Gary Glitter has been axed by the NFL because Glitter was recently convicted of child molestation.

This song has been the "touchdown" song here in KC since Carl Peterson took over ... in fact, it's sort of an unofficial theme song of the team. So, we need new music for the kickoffs and touchdowns.

...which made me wonder ...

What songs would make the BEST kickoff songs ... and ... what songs would make the best TD songs?

I think songs that really get the crowd geeked up are best for kickoffs ... no slow building songs ... and songs that are a little more of a 'party-feel' for touchdowns.

So, I was thinking about either "Welcome to the Jungle" for kickoffs (but it is a bit overused) ... or maybe the song from Rocky where he's running around Philly or maybe the one where he's just stepping into the ring. LaGrange, by ZZ Top could maybe work, too.

For touchdowns, maybe Outkast's "Hey Ya".

Edited by muck

I like "Crazy Train" a lot; we used that to come out for warm ups during high school football. I also like the song "We Ready" but I forgot who it is by. The Bears used it all of last year for kickoffs and returns too I believe. Anyone....?

Edited by Goopster24

AC/DC--Thunderstruck

Agree, and as a Warrior fan :D they play the song a lot at games and it is a good one to get the crowd going.

I've also always been partial to Enter Sandman as a way to get a crowd going to.

For TDs, anything fun and upbeat.

the bengals play 'welcome to the jungle' to start the game. great song and a nice fit since the stadium is nicknamed the jungle and the opening screen montage has the bengal tiger moving through the jungle.

for TDs they play the rundgren song, 'bang the drum all day.' it gets everyone up and dancing.

for other kickoffs during the game, they play 'stop the rock' by apollo four forty. it's a good driving song that pumps up the crowd (i also listen to it when i work out).

other songs played during bengals games:

let's get it started - black eyed peas

boom - p.o.d.

where are we runnin' - lenny kravitz

somebody's gotta feel this - kid rock

are you gonna be my girl - jet

vertigo & desire - u2

fighter - christina aguilera

black cat - janet jackson (tiger theme, and it's a rockin' song)

cat scratch fever - the nuge

eye of the tiger - survivor

you really got me - van halen

bad to the bone - thorogood

crazy train - ozzy

hells bells - ac/dc

wild thing - the troggs

(i have this playlist on my ipod ... :D)

Who let the dogs out should be outlawed in all stadiums.

And I love the hey song, but thats more at the end of games when you win.

...along with every other song mentioned in this thread. :D

GDB the MTV mentality in sports nowdays. Just kick the freakin ball off. And if you score a TD, I would think that would be enough by itself.

Firestarter is good for Kickoffs, Touchdowns, and loud women in bed! :D

I'd probably go with "Diesel Power" for kickoffs if we're talking strictly Prodigy. I also think "Smack My B*tch Up" would rule, but doubt any sports team would pipe it over the PA. :D

"Soulcraft" by the Bad Brains would be a good KO tune as well. Use "Banned in DC" for TDs - "You, you can't hurt me/Why? I'm banned in DC!" - especially if the player has ever been cut by the Redskins. :D

What about the part of "Tom Sawyer" where the bass line really gets thumping? That could maybe work for kickoffs...

I still think that TDs need more of a medium-paced 'party' theme.