[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let me ask you Smokers these questions

cliaz

What concerns me is why this is such a big deal for y'all. Is it that overarching need for conformity that manifests itself in your pathetic need to be able to point fingers at those that don't conform to your narrow view of what should be?

I smoke, I make darn sure not to do it anywhere it would be a nuisance to anyone else including in crowded places outside, I dispose of the butts properly, what more do you f'n want?

F off. :D

I could care less if you smoke, but just like you have your opinon/feelings on it so do I. I have explained why I will never smoke and never have smoked, other then some Josh Gordon of course years ago.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What concerns me is why this is such a big deal for y'all. Is it that overarching need for conformity that manifests itself in your pathetic need to be able to point fingers at those that don't conform to your narrow view of what should be?

I smoke, I make darn sure not to do it anywhere it would be a nuisance to anyone else including in crowded places outside, I dispose of the butts properly, what more do you f'n want?

Hey man, i'm just reporting the facts. Don't shoot the messenger. It's not my fault that you're a middle-aged momo that can't get it up.

10g...doctors are stupid. Except Chargerz, of course. Doctors have killed more people with stupidity in history than cigs. How many relatives of mine have gone in healthy and come out dead after seeing doctor? Grandmother, check. Grandfather, check. Uncle, check.

I told you to get a second opinion than that of Dr. Kevorkian... :D

Well yeah, I guess you have a point.

http://www.healingdaily.com/Doctors-Are-Th...h-in-the-US.htm

Clearly we should ban doctors.

Oh and people who drive using cell phones...heck, automobiles in general since the use of those have been known to cause preventable deaths. Let's just ban everything and walk around wrapped in pillows just in case.

Oh and people who drive using cell phones...heck, automobiles in general since the use of those have been known to cause preventable deaths. Let's just ban everything and walk around wrapped in pillows just in case.

I prefer bubble wrap :D

And tall buildings - people fall out of them. Some kid rode in front of a light rail train here in Minny yesterday, so we'd better ban railroads too. Also, some of those chemicals under the sink are poisonous, so get rid of them and go back to a steel wool pad for scrubbing the pots......

And tall buildings - people fall out of them. Some kid rode in front of a light rail train here in Minny yesterday, so we'd better ban railroads too. Also, some of those chemicals under the sink are poisonous, so get rid of them and go back to a steel wool pad for scrubbing the pots......

See how easy it is to ban and restrict everything? Why do non-smoking crusaders hate America?

We are loosing focus here guys.......

the plot of this thread is

1. Is it really hard to quit

2. If you could just magically snap your fingers would you quit

and the added one now is:

3. When you nic fit, what is it like?

No preaching and bashing. This is an educational thread....

I don't care what others think about smoking. I stopped caring what others thought about the time I reach adulthood. I don't live my life to please others.

I never go to the doctor so I'm not a burden on the insurance at all. In fact all the non-smokin' wimmin I work with go everytime they sneeze are the real burden.

I applaud the attitude and I also do not care what other people think about me (as if you didn't already know that).

You never go to the doctor now. But you are tearing your health down and you WILL go to the doctor as a result. The damage you are doing now will cost those of us that pay medical premiums more in the years to come.

We are loosing focus here guys.......

the plot of this thread is

1. Is it really hard to quit

A. Yes. It's addictive like shampooing.

2. If you could just magically snap your fingers would you quit

A. Yes. And if I could magically snap my fingers and stop car accidents, I would.

and the added one now is:

3. When you nic fit, what is it like?

A. It's like being stuck behind Gramma in the left lane with a 350+ HP Vette.

No preaching and bashing. This is an educational thread....

The guy that popularized jogging dropped dead at about 50 years old.

The Japanese live longer than any other race yet they all smoke like chimneys, indoors and out.

A friend of mine who had never smoked and hated smoking dropped dead of a heart attack at 41.

The husband of a lady who works here died in his sleep aged 37.

Just a few factoids to point out that things are not quite always as they should be - and as some would like them to be.

I fail to see how any of this is relevant. People die for a variety of reasons all the time, this does not alter how healthy smoking is or is not to anybody's health.

Do you deny that smoking is harmful to your health? If you deny this on what do you base your denial?

Do you deny that you dramatically increase the risk of a whole host of diseases that include cancer and heart disease when you smoke? If you deny this on what do you base your denial?

I applaud the attitude and I also do not care what other people think about me (as if you didn't already know that).

You never go to the doctor now. But you are tearing your health down and you WILL go to the doctor as a result. The damage you are doing now will cost those of us that pay medical premiums more in the years to come.

Life does that. It's called getting old. People die early all the time who never smoke also. If smoking doesn't get me, something else will. I'm a firm believer that when it's your time to go, you go. If I somehow stopped smoking and cheated cancer, a bus would hit me instead.

Why is it a big deal for us?

1) Medical premiums across the board are higher because of smokers. That impacts my pocketbook.

2) Even if you personally are a "clean smoker" there are a great many that aren't. They have no qualms about blowing smoke in your face and throwing butts in your yard.

3) You may go to some place where you aren't "a nuisance to anyone" to grab a cigarette but that does not change the fact that when you return you reek of cigarette smoke. Just as you wouldn't enjoy sharing an air space with somebody who manures his pants 9 times a day we don't enjoy sharing air space with somebody who reeks of cigarette smoke.

Edited by Grits and Shins

3) You may go to some place where you aren't "a nuisance to anyone" to grab a cigarette but that does not change the fact that when you return you reek of cigarette smoke. Just as you wouldn't enjoy sharing an air space with somebody who manures his pants 9 times a day we don't enjoy sharing air space with somebody who reeks of cigarette smoke.

I'll listen to you nag at me about clean air when you quit driving that truck.

Life does that. It's called getting old. People die early all the time who never smoke also. If smoking doesn't get me, something else will. I'm a firm believer that when it's your time to go, you go. If I somehow stopped smoking and cheated cancer, a bus would hit me instead.

So you would be okay playing Russian Roulette then for the thrill of it ... because when it is your time to die it is your time to die? And the fact that you are holding a gun to your head with a bullet in a random chamber pulling the trigger has no impact on when you actually die?

So you would be okay playing Russian Roulette then for the thrill of it ... because when it is your time to die it is your time to die? And the fact that you are holding a gun to your head with a bullet in a random chamber pulling the trigger has no impact on when you actually die?

Isn't that like asking a religious person why he doesn't do the same in order to speed up his trip to heaven if he loves God so much and wants to be with him?

Isn't that like asking a religious person why he doesn't do the same in order to speed up his trip to heaven if he loves God so much and wants to be with him?

I'm a firm believer that when it's your time to go, you go. If I somehow stopped smoking and cheated cancer, a bus would hit me instead.

You want to talk about God? One of my favorite topics.

If you're a believer in you go when it's your time to go, who do you suppose is holding the stopwatch?

Way to avoid answering the question.

If you are a believer the answer to your question is that suicide is a sin. You are to do God's will not your own.

So do you play Russian Roulette or not?

Edited by Grits and Shins

I smoke occasionally. Cigars, and sometimes a pipe. I've never smoked a cigarette. ( was always afraid of getting addicted.

I smoke because I enjoy it. It's more of a treat for me than a habit. If I smoke once of twice a month, that would be a lot for me. It is nice to have a cigar with a scotch, though, or when I am out playing golf :D

Way to avoid answering the question.

If you are a believer the answer to your question is that suicide is a sin. You are to do God's will not your own.

So do you play Russian Roulette or not?

Sure...if you stand on the other side of my head when I pull the trigger with a sign around your neck saying "second-hand smoke".

I don't drink...how about banning the drinkers from destroying their liver? Then go on to the blacks who get diabetes more than you. Where will it stop until you've destroyed everything you don't agree with?

:D

You have got to be kidding me. Are you really so hypersensitive? Christ, the only recommendation I have for you is to never go out.

Jeez.