[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't change my avatar

jaxfactor

I've downloaded some pretty cool moving avatars and some still avatars. Changed the size to 50x50, but still won't let me change it. I remove my current avatar, then browse my computer for the new pic I want. What I get is a cut down version of the old avatar. I've changed my avatar before and never had a problem. What's going on? :D

P.S.- How do some of the Huddlers seem to have larger avatars than others?

I'm not sure if I understand...you're saying that you've tried changing it and it's not showing up as being changed, or that it just won't let you upload a new one at all? If it's the first one, try holding down the CTRL key while you refresh the screen. I had a problem once where my new avatar wasn't showing up (at least not on my computer) and Big John I think told me to do that and it worked. Something about refreshing your computers cache or something I believe.

I'm not sure if I understand...you're saying that you've tried changing it and it's not showing up as being changed, or that it just won't let you upload a new one at all? If it's the first one, try holding down the CTRL key while you refresh the screen. I had a problem once where my new avatar wasn't showing up (at least not on my computer) and Big John I think told me to do that and it worked. Something about refreshing your computers cache or something I believe.

Right now I have nothing as my avatar. Now, I did what you said to do and it still doesn't work. I browse my computer for the right pic I want in there(it is the correct 50x50 size) and it gives me a chopped version of my old avatar. I've tried different pix but it does the same thing. Now when I go to the pic of my old avatar and change it to that, it works. Weird. Probably my piece of sh*t PC. But why would it work before and not now?

Right now I have nothing as my avatar. Now, I did what you said to do and it still doesn't work. I browse my computer for the right pic I want in there(it is the correct 50x50 size) and it gives me a chopped version of my old avatar. I've tried different pix but it does the same thing. Now when I go to the pic of my old avatar and change it to that, it works. Weird. Probably my piece of sh*t PC. But why would it work before and not now?

It's definitely what he's tlaking about.

Upload your new avatar, or if it is uploaded already... go and clear your browser's "cache", or force a reload of all of the page items by holding down ctrl and clicking refresh.

When you load a page, it's looking for an image that it thinks it already has cached, but the huddle page is telling the browser to resize it to the shape of the new avatar. If you force it to not load the old image from the cache, you'll be all set.

It's definitely what he's tlaking about.

Upload your new avatar, or if it is uploaded already... go and clear your browser's "cache", or force a reload of all of the page items by holding down ctrl and clicking refresh.

When you load a page, it's looking for an image that it thinks it already has cached, but the huddle page is telling the browser to resize it to the shape of the new avatar. If you force it to not load the old image from the cache, you'll be all set.

I didn't realize just how computer illiterate I really am. I have done what you suggested but still can't change a thing. How does one "clear his cache"? I uploaded the new avatar(it showed up in the browse window). Then when I held control while refreshing, the uploaded avatar(in the browse window) disappeared. I'm at a loss as I've never had a problem before.

What was it? I've been trying numerous things. Would love to know which one came through. Thanks!

Not there now, but I saw a forward shot of some kind of bird.

edit: now seeing some knid of message from photobucket.

Edited by Big John

Not there now, but I saw a forward shot of some kind of bird.

edit: now seeing some knid of message from photobucket.

Thanks Big J! Evidently it was working. The big bird thing was the first one I tried. The only thing is that I couldn't see it. I'll try the owl thing again. Now how do I get to see it as is?

Thanks Big J! Evidently it was working. The big bird thing was the first one I tried. The only thing is that I couldn't see it. I'll try the owl thing again. Now how do I get to see it as is?

Hit ctrl while refreshing.

I am now seeing the owl again.

What are you using as a browser?

If it's Internet Explorer, Go to the Tools menu, choose "Internet Options", And in the middle of the box that comes up... under "Temporary Internet Files", click on "Delete Files..."

That'll clear all the cached files.

P.S. I see the owl.

Edited by AtomicCEO

What are you using as a browser?

If it's Internet Explorer, Go to the Tools menu, choose "Internet Options", And in the middle of the box that comes up... under "Temporary Internet Files", click on "Delete Files..."

That'll clear all the cached files.

P.S. I see the owl.

Thanks guys for all the help. I've done everything you told and I still don't see the owl. It's probably my PC like I said before. I'm just gonna go back to my original avi. At least I can see it. Thanks again! :D