Sign in to follow this  
Crazysight

Sleeper Strong Safeties?

I really can't believe that no one has mentioned this guy.

Donte Whitner-SS-Buf

This guy was the #8 pick in the draft and wouldn't surprise me one bit if he had 85+ solo tackles.

Edited by Wooters

I really can't believe that no one has mentioned this guy.

Donte Whitner-SS-Buf

This guy was the #8 pick in the draft and wouldn't surprise me one bit if he had 85+ solo tackles.

whitner did just get named starter so that is a plus but he does play in a Cover 2 scheme that isnt really SS Friendly, but if there is a SS that could do it in this scheme it is whitner

Kerry Rhodes may be a good pick although many services have him ranked fairly high

Last night both Bullocks and Roman Harper(SS) started. The future may be now.

Harper has now started the last 2 games. They start the year against the Browns and Packers.

Payton go for it. :D

Edited by Randall

My thoughtw exactly!

Wouldnt Manning be more of a sleeper on the Bears than Harris. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of him so far.

Just need to bring this up because Zia was right, and I was wrong.

Today, Lovie Smith announced that Harris will be taking a seat and the rookie Manning now gets the start at Free Safety.

Usually, when Lovie does this, the player is safe and he'll tolerate their mistakes.

If you're really needing some DB depth right now, Manning is a good, good pickup.

I'm looking to grab a DB this week, and I'm getting alot of good info in this thread. :D

Forget about the sleeper part, Could you fellas rank some of these above mentioned players, or suggest one? I'm looking @ Hope, S. Jones, M.Lewis, Jermaine Philips...or anyone else a little "deeper". If the waivers look pretty good to you it's probably because it's an 8-man league.

I appreciate your input, and look forward to sharing in your knowledge.

He's a FS but maybe read up on Ko Simpson, he had a sack against the Dolphins and is playing well. Troy Vincent is on IR.

If he does not have to be a safety but just a player in the defensive backfield I like Stuart Schweigert of the Raiders. I picked him up in the 16th round and has tallied 12 solos and 3 assists in the first two games. The fact that he plays for ther Raiders could mean even better returns as the season progresses.

If he does not have to be a safety but just a player in the defensive backfield I like Stuart Schweigert of the Raiders. I picked him up in the 16th round and has tallied 12 solos and 3 assists in the first two games. The fact that he plays for ther Raiders could mean even better returns as the season progresses.

He was drafted.

Me + Roman Harper = Tru Luv

Just dropped Manuel for Sean Jones.

Sorry guess you mentioned him there briefly hook.

stats from last game:

3.00 1 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)

12.00 12 Tackles

0.50 1 Assists

6.00 2 Forced Fumbles

THAT'S my definition of a "sleeper."

Edited by Crazysight

(Rotoworld) Bucs S Jermaine Phillips forced two fumbles, recovered another, and had 12 solo tackles in Week 2.Impact: He's one of our favorite IDP sleepers because he's a starting strong safety on the Bucs, yet isn't known well. He will be now.

What no one has even mentioned the guy I just picked up, Jermaine Phillips???

Sarge mentioned him in his IDP sleeper report.

Chris Hope, Sean Jones and Jermaine Phillips are ALL on teams whose offenses stink at best. Their defenses WILL be on the field a good 38-40 minutes a game.

In most of my leagues.....Phillips was the only one on the WW. Jones in a couple. But the only thing that ever made Hope a sleeper was changing teams. He went from FS to SS and to a team whose D is on the field 10 minutes more than the Steeler D ever was, on average.

If you can get them....these are all good pickups for the year.