[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiger

Chief Dick

That knee could be a problem though.

I'll be curious to find out what's really wrong with that thing. Shouldn't be affecting him THAT bad at this point. Heck, I have a torn ACL in my left knee right now that doesn't bother me at all when I golf. Granted I don't generate the torque he does, but the motion is the same.

Out for the year....bummer!

If I read the report correctly he won the U.S. Open with two stress fractures of his tibia along with the knee.

....and a torn ACL! Most mortals would be on crutches. The fact that he won with that kind of injury is absolutely amazing!!! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Johnnie Miller said it and I agree, Tiger won that tourny on the 18th hole Saturday. When he sunk that bogie put to keep him in the last group O'hare was done. It has been said earlier in this thread, but Tigers biggest strength (well, outside of his god-like talent :wacko: ) is his mental toughness. If Tiger misses that putt and is a group ahead of O'hare, I dont think he catches him.

You can talk about Tigers mental toughness, his shotmaking ability, his greatness in the clutch moments but the thing that separates Tiger from everyone else on tour is his ability to make the 4-15 foot putts consistently and at huge moments. It's not the 15 foot putts to win the tournament that he seems to do with such frequency it's the 10 foot putts he makes to save par or bogey that consistently puts him in contention to win. His ball striking is great but when you watch him from tee to green there's not a lot of noticeable difference between him and everyone else. But when he "has to" make a put to save par or bogey there's nobody that's in his league. Just look at this weekend ..... 52 for 52 on putts inside 7 feet, amazing!

Edited by theprofessor