[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh's Fantasy Insight 101 is now in session

Hugh 0ne

OK, since a bunch of you fokkers decided to copy my Free Fantasy Advice threads last year, I've come up with a new name for my weekly thread. No worries, you'll get the same quality advice, just under a different title. :D

So, without further ado, class is in session. Anyone who does not raise there hand will be dealt with in an appropriate manner. :D

Fire away. :lol:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have SA and Jamal as my starters and Wali as a back-up. Jerious Norwood, T. Henry & Betts are on waivers.

My starting WRs are Wayne and Mason. I need a decent third starter and Winslow is available (optional TE). I would have to drop Wilford or McCardell to pick up Kellen.

I can get ONE of these guys guaranteed because I get 1st pick on the claim list. I'm leaning towards Norwood, because new WR talent seems to spring to life weekly but certainly much more often than RB help.

Thank you for your time.

Edited to add: 75% Scoring - 25% Yardage ----- 12 team/14 roster league

Edited by Crispy

I give McGahee, Norwood, and Givens

I get T. Jones, Addai, and Wayne

My team is in my sig. I would then start Brown and Gore at RB and Wayne and 2 or DD, AJ, and Roy at WR. I'd have TJ and Addai for depth at RB.

You're going to take a pretty big RB hit to get a moderate WR upgrade. :D I'm always a bigger fan of RB's, especially ones not in RBBC. Jones splits with Benson, and could end up on the short end of that, Addai is on the short end of a RBBC, I like Norwood more than Addai for sure. So, in short, no, I would NOT make that trade.

Consider my hand raised. I just posted a WDIS. Anyhow here's the short version. 4 pts for passing td 6 for rushing. minus 1 for int, .05 per passing yds and .1 for rushing.

Plummer vs KC

Frye at Cincy

Brunell at Cowboys

Give Plummer another chance or go with Frye knowing he will be throwing a whole bunch. :D

Hi Hugh, thanks in advance.

Need to pick my RB2 to start alonside Gore vs STL. My options are:

T Jones vs DET

M Bell vs KC

Right now I'm starting Jones, but with DET holding Alexander in check I'm thinking of rolling the dice with Mike Bell. At Denver you would think the rushing game will roll over KC and both Bell's should be able to score.

'Morning Hugh, :D

Got a couple of choices that I want a second opinion on.

League 1 Standard Scoring

RB: (start 2)

LT v. Ten

Dillon @ NYJ, TJones v. Det, Benson v. Det., Lundy@ Indy

Going with Dillon until the Chic. situation gets worked out

League 2 Standard Scoring

RB: (start 2)

LJ @ Den

Portis @ Dal, JJones v. Wash, Bush @ GB, CBrown @ SDC, Lundy @ Indy

Leaning towards Portis over JJones and Bush

WR: (start 3)

Roy Williams @ Chic

Driver v. NO

Glenn v. Wash

Williamson v. Car

Any reason to start Williamson over the 1st 3?

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Edited by nhoops

WDIS ?'s

1. Can start 3: Portis, Gore, Caddy, C. Taylor, T. Bell, Dunn

2. We play 2 qbs. I'm starting Eli and am leaning toward McNair as the 2nd, but what are your toughts about Pennington starting this week over McNair?

OK, I'm certainly not sold on Gore yet, but I like him to do relatively well this week, so I'd start him. Chester's got a tough matchup, but Atlanta ran all over them, and with Taylor getting another 30 touches this week, I just can't see benching him.

So, Portis, Bell, Caddy or Dunn? Nice options btw. Normally I'd say Caddy, but his back might hamper him a bit, and you have other options, so I'd bench him. Bell's in a full blown RBBC, but has a nice matchup. Dunn was solid last week, but is also giving up touches to Norwood. I don't like Portis in general, but I think I'd give him the nod this week over those other options.

Oh, and start McNair. Pennington won't have big games like that very often, and probably not against the Pats. I see similiar yardage for the two, with Mcnair edging Pennington slightly on the yards and throwing 1 more TD.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Which two RBs should I start this week?

C. Portis @ DAL

C. Dillon @ NYJ

D. Foster @ MIN

F. Taylor v. PIT

Standard scoring w/ no PPR. Thanks Hugh!

I think you don't have to think about this at all. Foster has to prove himself before he's worthy of considering, and Taylor's going to have a tough go against the Steelers. So, Dillon in a RBBC and Portis who I'm not crazy about are the best options here.

Thanks Hugh -

From the below WR options, need one to pair with Fitz:

Houshmandzadeh V Cleveland - good enough matchup but totally dependant on if Housh goes, and if he does, he may be limited

D.Bennett @ Chargers - horrible matchup but targeted 16 times last week and healthy

Assuming Housh is still questionable up to gametime, would you go with him anyway or go with Bennett and hope Collins has to throw all day?

Scoring is standard performance, no PPR

I have SA and Jamal as my starters and Wali as a back-up. Jerious Norwood, T. Henry & Betts are on waivers.

My starting WRs are Wayne and Mason. I need a decent third starter and Winslow is available (optional TE). I would have to drop Wilford or McCardell to pick up Kellen.

I can get ONE of these guys guaranteed because I get 1st pick on the claim list. I'm leaning towards Norwood, because new WR talent seems to spring to life weekly but certainly much more often than RB help.

Thank you for your time.

Edited to add: 75% Scoring - 25% Yardage ----- 12 team/14 roster league

Worry about your starting lineup before worrying about backups. Not crazy about grabbing an unproven TE in a non TE league. Very select few TE's can put up WR-like numbers, and I'm not sure Winslow is one of them yet. Any other WR options?

Consider my hand raised. I just posted a WDIS. Anyhow here's the short version. 4 pts for passing td 6 for rushing. minus 1 for int, .05 per passing yds and .1 for rushing.

Plummer vs KC

Frye at Cincy

Brunell at Cowboys

Give Plummer another chance or go with Frye knowing he will be throwing a whole bunch. :lol:

:D You haven't read many of my posts, have you? :brew:

Never, ever, ever start any Lions players, or Jake Plummer. Simple rules I live by. :lol:

Of that motley crew, I'd start Brunell. :D

Worry about your starting lineup before worrying about backups. Not crazy about grabbing an unproven TE in a non TE league. Very select few TE's can put up WR-like numbers, and I'm not sure Winslow is one of them yet. Any other WR options?

Cotchery, Colston and R. White and Jenkins are still available.

Which two WRs should I start this week?

D. Driver v. NO

R. Williams @ CHI

A. Johnson @ IND

R. Smith v. DEN

Standard scoring w/ PPR. Thanks Hugh!

Uhh. Don't start Roy Williams. Ever. Especially not against the Bears. :D

I don't think Driver will be a great FF WR this year, but against NO he should do moderately OK, and he's a better option than Williams or Smith. I like Andre Johnson this week as well. I think both Driver and Johnson will have similar numbers, and have the best chance at finding the end zone.

Hi Hugh, thanks in advance.

Need to pick my RB2 to start alonside Gore vs STL. My options are:

T Jones vs DET

M Bell vs KC

Right now I'm starting Jones, but with DET holding Alexander in check I'm thinking of rolling the dice with Mike Bell. At Denver you would think the rushing game will roll over KC and both Bell's should be able to score.

Detroit holding Alexander in check was an anomoly, it won't be the norm. You've got both top ends of RBBC's. I guess I'd give Bell the nod. Nice matchup. Just hope he doesn't fumble early and get benched by Shanny.