[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh's Fantasy Insight 101 is now in session

Hugh 0ne

Thanks Hugh -

From the below WR options, need one to pair with Fitz:

Houshmandzadeh V Cleveland - good enough matchup but totally dependant on if Housh goes, and if he does, he may be limited

D.Bennett @ Chargers - horrible matchup but targeted 16 times last week and healthy

Assuming Housh is still questionable up to gametime, would you go with him anyway or go with Bennett and hope Collins has to throw all day?

Scoring is standard performance, no PPR

I wouldn't take a chance on Housh right now. Bennett should continue to get the looks, albeit against a tougher defense this week, however he's the much safer play.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warner or Palmer, Hugh? This one is driving me INSANE!!!

Tough call. Palmer has a good matchup, but probably no Housh, which might limit CJ because of tons of coverage, which would in turn lower Palmer's numbers. That and the fact that Palmer probably won't have to throw a lot to win. Warner on the other hand has a tough matchup, but 2 of the top WR's in the league to throw to. He won't sniff his numbers from last week, but I think he'll throw a lot because they'll be trailing so I slightly prefer Warner this week over Palmer.

Good morning Hugh.

Who would you start? Both leagues Standard Performance scoring.

League 1

Dillon vs NYJ or McGahee vs Miami?

League 2

D. Rhodes vs Houston or Maroney vs NYJ

Thanks Hugh.

McGahee. Tougher matchup, but no RBBC. He'll get a boat load of touches.

Maroney. Both have a good matchup, but one has impressed, and the other hasn't.

Couple of things id just like to get an opinion on

1. Better pickup, Troy Brown, Colston, Crotchery

2. Startem - T.Williamson(vs.CAR) or Muhammed(vs.DET)

3. Startem - LJ Smith(vs.NYG) or Crumpler(vs.TB)

Performance scoring

Troy Brown I guess. :D

I kinda like Mush over Williamson, but not by much.

Crumpler and LJ are both big parts of their offense. Both got 6 looks last week. LJ caught all 6, Crumpler only three, which is why LJ was much more productive. Stick with the hot hand in the hot offense, even though it's only one week of hotness.

You rock Hugh!!

Need two... W Parker, R Brown, C Taylor and C Dillon

Leaning towards Parkerand Brown - But should I throw taylor in or what???

Also- I have Bledsoe - I didn't like him last week. I just picked up Vick off waivers...who do you like this week?

I think Ronnie Brown is a must start here. I don't like Parker because of the matchup. I don't particularly like Taylor because of the matchup, but he will get tons of touches, while Dillon will be splitting with Maroney. I'd start Brown and Taylor.

Bledsoe had a bad game last week. It's not the end of the world. He has the best WR in the game to throw to. I wouldn't bench him for a FF QB that histrically is very inconsistent.

Hey Hugh,

Having trouble deciding who to start at the WR position.

Need 2 starters.

Horn @ GB

Burleson vs. Ari

Reg. Brown vs. NYG

Wilford vs. Pit

What's your thought?

Don't know how much Branch will affect Burleson yet, but I'd be worried about it.

I like starting players against GB this year, and Horn is no different. He's probably your best option here.

Wilford has a nasty matchup, and is the #3, I don't see good numbers for him.

Brown was scarce last week, but scored. #2 WR in a divisional matchup on the road.

So, those options pretty much all suck. I guess Horn and Brown would be my choices, based mainly on the volume of passes they "might" catch.

Ok Hugh!

Need help selecting my RB/WR combination. I can go 2 RB and 2 WR or 1 RB and 3 WR

RB's: Barber, M.Bell, Benson and Barlow

WR's: Owens, R. Moss, Santana Moss, Bruce, Moulds.

I'm thinking:

RB: Barber vs Eagles

WR: Owens vs Redskins

WR: R. Moss vs Ravens

WR: Bruce vs 49ers

I'm worried about starting M. Bell and also thinking about using Santana Moss instead of Randy Moss. Or should I go Owens, Moulds, Bruce

Touch choice this week for me.

Need trade help!! My team and other info are in my sig.

I would give up Andre Johnson and Dunn for Larry Fitzgerald and Mike Bell (injured finger).

I was trying to get Fitzgerald and Reggie Bush but the other owner doesn't want to move Bush. Is trading for Fitzgerald worth the loss of Dunn? Is this a good deal for me?

My starting lineup could then consist of:

QB-Hasselbeck or Bledsoe

RB-LT and Gore or Droughns or Mike Bell

WR- Chad Johnson, Fitzgerald and Glenn or Coles

TE-Miller or Troupe

Guest Mutine Bullfrog

OK, I'm certainly not sold on Gore yet, but I like him to do relatively well this week, so I'd start him. Chester's got a tough matchup, but Atlanta ran all over them, and with Taylor getting another 30 touches this week, I just can't see benching him.

So, Portis, Bell, Caddy or Dunn? Nice options btw. Normally I'd say Caddy, but his back might hamper him a bit, and you have other options, so I'd bench him. Bell's in a full blown RBBC, but has a nice matchup. Dunn was solid last week, but is also giving up touches to Norwood. I don't like Portis in general, but I think I'd give him the nod this week over those other options.

Oh, and start McNair. Pennington won't have big games like that very often, and probably not against the Pats. I see similiar yardage for the two, with Mcnair edging Pennington slightly on the yards and throwing 1 more TD.

Mike Bell is hurt so T Bell should get more carries, Caddy is hurt and the QB is a question mark. Dunn has 29 carries how can you say he gave some up? (he gave up 10 carries to Norwood, SO WHAT) :D

Alright Hugh, how about a bye-week QB dilemma for Week 5. (Yes, I was a dumb drafter who got Hasselbeck and Vick before noticing the same bye - doh!) Getting one now or early next week should allow the following options currently on the wire in my 12-team non-keeper league:

1) CSimms @ Saints

2) KCollins @ Colts

3) CFrye @ Panthers

Slim pickens fo sho, and I'm concerned that none of them will still be starting by week 5! Should I just stand pat for a couple weeks, or risk a guess now?

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the week one advice. I have a trade situation. How much should I give up to get R Bush. I need a good flex player. The other team has Bush, P Maning and little else of value. I am thinking of offering either: Mark Clayton, R. McMichael and D Rhodes for Bush. Or possibly Clayton, Moulds, and McMichael for bush. What do you think, am I giving up too much , should I keep Mcmichael out of the deal? Should I construct a completely different deal? I think Rhodes rols may lessen as the season wears on and Bush will get more opportunities as the season goes on. Your advice is appreciated.

His team:

Team QBs Colts, Redskins

RBs M Bennet, R Bush,M Pittman, D Staley, D Williams, S Gado

WRs D Bennett, S Holmes, C Jackson, S Moss, K Robinson, A Randle el

TEs L J Smith

PKs J Hall, A Vinatieri

Def Panthers

Hey, Hugh.

Which RB should I start alongside Edge: Ahman Green at home against New Orleans, or Willis McGahee on the road at Miami? I know McGahee seems like a no-brainer at first glance, but after the Pack traded Gado, it is unlikely the RB they got back from Houston will be useful this week, meaning Ahman gets all of the carries at home against a below average defense. And, McGahee faces a good defense on the road. Thanks!

Hey Hugh,

I was offered S. Jackson for C. Taylor and T. Jones. 10 yard scoring, no ppr

I'm afraid that's giving too much for Jackson, especially after he just lost his center, and it makes my team very reliant on the Rams who haven't scored a TD in the Linehan era yet.

my team:

QB: Bulger, Vick

WR: Holt, Moss, T. williamson, Mi. Clayton

RB: Portis, C. Taylor, T. Jones, C. Brown, L. White, Lundy

TE: T. Heap

D: Tampa Bay

I was also offered the Bears D for T. Jones, but decided to decline that and hope TB pulls it together.

Mike Bell is hurt so T Bell should get more carries, Caddy is hurt and the QB is a question mark. Dunn has 29 carries how can you say he gave some up? (he gave up 10 carries to Norwood, SO WHAT) :D

Mike Bell has a broken finger, one he broke during the game yet continued to play. He had every carry but one AFTER the injury, and he is expected to play again this week. What's your point? If you're going to call me out, please have some substance behind your argument. TIA.

Should I continue? Yes, I believe I will. The problem with Caddy this week, is the fact that he's playing a tough Baltimore defense. He's probable on the injury report, and I said in my original quote that the back might hamper him a bit. So you're pointing out what I said. Thanks. Nice work.

Dunn gave up 38% of the teams rushing plays last week. You don't think that's a lot? Last week was an anomoly, Vick only passed 22 times because they were up earl and big, so they ran. If they run 30 or 35 times a game, which is more normal, and Dunn gets 60% of them, he'll rush 18 times, not 29. So again, he's going to give up touches and it WILL hurt his numbers. Especially when you see thinks like a 6.6 YPC by Norwood. That will impress, and they will use him more and more. Any other questions?

Listen, I give my opinion here. I back it up with some facts, some insight, some opinion. I'm certainly not always right. But I would venture to say that a lot of people here enjoy reading my advice thread. I have no problem being called out or corrected, but if you plan on doing so, please back it up with some facts. TIA.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.