[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Quick Picks

Menudo

Advice needed with a 0-2 start

QB Favre or Heselbeck we get bonus points for 300 yards

WR we get a point per recption I need two from this lis:

I Bruce

Bryant

Braylon Edwards

Joe Horn

Steve smith ( I know he may not play due to his injury)

RB I need two also get points per recption

Cadillac -is this the week I bench him

Aham Green

Kevin Jones

Mike Bell

Duce Mcalister

Hasselbeck

I. Bruce

Ahman Green

Kevin Jones

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Mike Bell, Thomas Jones, Lundy

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Colston, Jennings

TE – Watson

K – Feely

DEF – Steelers

Team 1

QB – Brady, Big Ben

RB – LT, Ronnie Brown, D Williams, Gado

WR – Wayne, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Mike Clayton, Edwards

TE – Gates

K – Kasay

DEF – Vikings

I'm weak at RB with really nothing behind Gore. Team 1 is weak at WR and a Bears Homer so I'm thinking of offering Boldin and Thomas Jones for Ronnie Brown and Edwards (he won't give up Matt Jones). This would give me Gore and Brown at RB, with Harrison and then playing matchups for the other 2 spots. I like getting stronger at RB but this may weaken me too much at WR. My 2 keepers for next year would then be my pick of Harrison, Gore, and Brown. If he bites should I do this or....

Team 2

QB – Bledsoe, McNair, Alex Smith

RB – Edge, Caddy, Rhodes, Barlow

WR – Holt, Mason, Santana Moss, Cotchery, Toomer

TE – McMichael

K – J Brown

DEF – Bears

Team 2 isn't happy with his WRs either, hates Moss. I would offer Boldin and T Jones for James and Moss or Cotchery. Again I get stronger at RB, but I just don't think Edge will do what he's done in the past. Santana Moss or Cotchery would be better WR than I would get in the other trade. Keepers would then still be Harrison and Gore.

It's also possible to get Caddy, but I'd have to trade Harrison and Jones for Caddy and Holt. Both players have struggled and they have to improve. Holt should be as good as Harrison I would think, though Indy looks like they will be passing a ton this year. I'd then have Gore and Holt/Caddy as keepers. This guy is also in my division and I'm always cautious about trading in my division.

Another one for you Menudo

Yahoo league, 20yrds/pt, 6pt TD

We start 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE

My relavent team positions

RB S. Jackson

RB C. Portis

RB C. Taylor

RB C. Brown

RB C. Benson

WR

J. Galloway

J. Horn

R. Wayne

M. Colston

Mi. Clayton

TE

T. Heap

M. Colston (listed as WR and TE by Yahoo)

I have been offered L. Evans and R. Droughs for M. Colston and C. Benson

Sounds pretty good, but Colston has some added value as being available as a WR and TE, and has looked pretty good in the first two games....

S. Jackson & C. Portis

J. Galloway, J. Horn & R. Wayne

T. Heap

As for the trade, I would jump all over it. Make the deal.

Hey Menudo, I can't even believe I'm asking this but who do you like the rest of the way (this would be for my #5 receiver) :

1. Drew Bennett - TEN (QB situation sucks, no running game, and I would be giving up my #1 spot on the waiver wire)

2. Bernard Berrian - CHI (nice passing schedule, stable of RBs, nice D)

Drew Bennett

ok right now I have 5 RB's but can only start two. I need a big time WR. With these 5 RB's

Bushvs atl

McCallister vs atl

E.james vs stl

W.Parker vs Cin

T.Barber vs Sea-But may be out with broken forearm

Do you think I could use James as trade bait to get a top line Wideout?

Also, who would you start this coming week at RB(Start 2)

If it is a re-draft league, look to move Bush & McAllister for a top-line WR. If it is a Dynasty or Keeper league, attempt to move Edge.

This week, start:

T. Barber (If he plays, if not, go with Parker)

E. James

TD ONLY:

WRs

Who to start?:

Toomer @ Sea.

or

Reggie Brown @ S.F.

or

Mark Clayton @ Clev.

I feel myself leaning towards toomer with eli's previous success vs. sea. along with toomer's deep threat capabilities.

Reggie Brown - just a hunch

Trying to trade Branch while stock is high.

Tell me what you think, my team is in the sig.

Branch for Vincent Jackson and (Leinhart or Brees)

or

Branch for V. Jackson and his 2007 1st round rookie/FA draft pick

Both offers coming from same owner.

Which sounds good/best, or should I stay put?

Being that is a Dynasty, you could use a good young QB....

I would make the deal for V. Jackson & Leinhart

Thanks here is one for you... So, Delhomme is having a horrible start to the season. I know that it is only week two and luckily, Eli has been pulling me through. Johnson just went on the WW and I am thinking of keeping him as my b/u. E;o will be on bye for week 4 and B. Johnson will be @ Buffalo. Delhomme will be in NO and it seems that w/ Smiths return unknown.. NOt sure if I can count on him for the win. Any thoughts on the strategy?

---------------------------------------------------

QB: Delhomme, E. Manning

RB: S. Alexander, D. Foster, T. Jones, J. Norwood, M. Morris

WR: D. Mason, L. Evans, D. Branch, T. Williamson

TE: J. Shockey, De. Clark

PK: R. Longwell

D: Indy

Rush/Rec TD's: 6 pts or more. Rush/Rec yds: 1 pt per 10 yds.

Pass TD's: 6 pts or more. Pass yds: 1 pt per 25 yds.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB's 2 WR's, 1 Flex RB/WR, 1 TE, 1PK and 1DEF

Stick with Delhomme and a solid matchup with NO during Eli's bye week. Jake will be o.k.

Need Bye week help - should I use my waiver spot to pick-up David Carr and play him as my 2nd QB at home against Washington - or bite the bullet and start C.Frye at home against Baltimore... I am thinking I will try for Carr.. what do you think?

I wouldn't want to use my waiver position for a 2nd QB..... I would stick with Frye.

hey Menudo...

Should I trade Dillon and Lendale White for Portis? Dillon's getting his carries cut in to and could be injured any moment. Lendale is RBBC on a very very bad team. *IF* Portis' injury isn't a long term thing, I could surely get the better of this deal.

I'm on the cusp, and I need a nudge either way...

thanks!

The bye week and tough matchups are making for a weak lineup this week. Need some help in determining who is going to do the best.

LJ, Kennison and McCardell on bye

QB-Warner - He'll be fine against STL

RB-Bush-He's my best option at RB so I have to start him

RB-? - Need 1 from:

Droughns - Been awful and playing BAL

Norwood - Playing NO but behind Dunn, still may be better than Droughns. Nothing on WW, would have to try and work a trade if I want anyone else.

WR-Fitz-Stud

WR-Berrian-Just picked him up and he's @MIN. Hoping for another good week.

WR-? - Need 1 from:

R. Smith - Concussed and playing NE

Engram - Playing NYG, but Branch is playing so he'll be #3 or 4

Edwards - Like him, but he's playing BAL

Taylor - Virtuallly lost in MIN offense

Could pickup Welker, D. Carter, Chad Jackson, Henderson, Perry (Housh should be back), Bryant Johnson.

TE-LJ Smith - If he plays, then he's my guy, otherwise I need to grab a TE, is Wilcox worth a gamble for a week?

I know it's a bunch, but please help where you can and I will gladly return the favor. Sometimes you just can't see the forest through the trees.

Thanks

RB - Go with Droughns. The Ravens are tough, but, he is the main man and will get more opportunities.

WR - If he plays, go with R. Smith, if not, go with Engram.

TE - If Smith doesn't play, Wilcox could be worth a one game gamble, depending on what other TE's are out

there.

Pick 3 of the following Receivers:

Lee Evans vs Jets

Matt Jones vs Colts

Troy Williamson vs Bears

TJ Housh vs Pittsburgh

20 yards for 1 receiving point

TD = 6pts

Lee Evans

Matt Jones

TJ Housh

Menudo my man, little help here.

M.Colston Vs ATL on MNF

Or

Reggie Williams Vs IND

Scoring= 1 pt every 10 receiving yards, 6 per td.

also

J.Kitna Vs GB

Or

Leftwich Vs IND

Scoring:

1 pt every 25 yards passing

6 per td

-2 INT

The thing is though, if you say Kitna, I would have to drop someone in order to get him. It would either be M.Clayton or Leftwich, and I don't mind dropping someone because the only reason I need one of these QB's is because Bledsoe is on bye. So don't go based on whoever is going to do the best this season. Go on just this week.

Reggie Williams

Stick with Leftwich. He and Kitna are pretty similar this week to me, both with solid matchups.

Reggie Williams

Stick with Leftwich. He and Kitna are pretty similar this week to me, both with solid matchups.

Not to question you, but Indy is a hell of a lot better D than Green Bay. :D

Edited by Flip_Side

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Mike Bell, Thomas Jones, Lundy

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Moulds, Colston, Jennings

TE – Watson

K – Feely

DEF – Steelers

Team 1

QB – Brady, Big Ben

RB – LT, Ronnie Brown, D Williams, Gado

WR – Wayne, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Mike Clayton, Edwards

TE – Gates

K – Kasay

DEF – Vikings

I'm weak at RB with really nothing behind Gore. Team 1 is weak at WR and a Bears Homer so I'm thinking of offering Boldin and Thomas Jones for Ronnie Brown and Edwards (he won't give up Matt Jones). This would give me Gore and Brown at RB, with Harrison and then playing matchups for the other 2 spots. I like getting stronger at RB but this may weaken me too much at WR. My 2 keepers for next year would then be my pick of Harrison, Gore, and Brown. If he bites should I do this or....

Team 2

QB – Bledsoe, McNair, Alex Smith

RB – Edge, Caddy, Rhodes, Barlow

WR – Holt, Mason, Santana Moss, Cotchery, Toomer

TE – McMichael

K – J Brown

DEF – Bears

Team 2 isn't happy with his WRs either, hates Moss. I would offer Boldin and T Jones for James and Moss or Cotchery. Again I get stronger at RB, but I just don't think Edge will do what he's done in the past. Santana Moss or Cotchery would be better WR than I would get in the other trade. Keepers would then still be Harrison and Gore.

It's also possible to get Caddy, but I'd have to trade Harrison and Jones for Caddy and Holt. Both players have struggled and they have to improve. Holt should be as good as Harrison I would think, though Indy looks like they will be passing a ton this year. I'd then have Gore and Holt/Caddy as keepers. This guy is also in my division and I'm always cautious about trading in my division.

Well, I would do either trade, but, I like getting Edge & (Moss or Cotchery) better than getting R. Brown & Edwards

If you can, and both are interested, try to play the two of them against one another to get something thrown in or improve your deal. Good luck. :D

hey Menudo...

Should I trade Dillon and Lendale White for Portis? Dillon's getting his carries cut in to and could be injured any moment. Lendale is RBBC on a very very bad team. *IF* Portis' injury isn't a long term thing, I could surely get the better of this deal.

I'm on the cusp, and I need a nudge either way...

thanks!

Absolutely - Make this trade.

Not to question you, but Indy is a hell of a lot better D than Green Bay. :D

Agreed, but, with them playing Indy, there is a good chance they will be playing from behind and needing to throw the ball.