[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boss Bailey

Wooters

What is up with him? How can he go 1-0-0 against the Bears as a MLB? Is he starting? Is he a 3 down LB'er? I had him as my #1 sleeper IDP LB'er going from SLB to MLB with his speed and athleticism. Major major let down so far.

Thoughts?

How can he disappear? Rather easily, actually. Detroit has switched to the Cover-2 scheme made famous by Tampa Bay. Derrick Brooks has run roughshod over the league from the WLB spot for Tampa Bay for years now. Shelton Quarles has done well at the MLB spot in this scheme, but it's been Brooks that's been the fantasy stud in this system.

Bailey has been a tease since he got into the league. He's got talent, but gets hurt. And, according to a few depth chart sites I know and trust, he's not even labeled as the starter. Rather, the all-world LB Paris Lenon has starting MLB status.

Time to cut bait on your #1 sleeper LB.

Quarles while not a world beater, did have 103 solo tackles last year and Bailey has a lot more speed and athleticism. 1-0-0 from a full game doesn't make any sense to me. Paris Lenon is the SLB, not the MLB.

True, Quarles is obviously a different animal than Bailey. Plus, it'll take Bailey (and heck, the rest of the Lion squad) some time to adjust to the C-2.

And um, my apologies, I have not closely watched any Lion games. Is Lenon starting at SLB? You sure? Every single depth chart site I know has him as the starting MLB with Donte' Curry starting at SLB.

I've been keeping my eye on Bailey for some time. He made my IDP Sleeper Report a few times last year and never came through.

Bailey was around the ball often, but not in the action and he did have an INT/TD called back by a "hands to the face" penalty on a DB. Could have been a much different day for him if that stood.

Like I noted above, I haven't been watching DET. Even when da Bears are bending them over. Anyways, good info to know. Thanks gil.