[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Quick Picks

Menudo

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible waiver move:

Redraft/performance league that gives 4pts for passed tds & 6pts for rushed tds. More pts for longer tds. 1 pt for every 50 yds passed; 1pt for every 25 yds rushed.

I have McNabb (bye wke9) and McNair. I was thinking of dropping McNair and picking up one of these QBs: Leftwich, Frye, Carr.

LEFTWICH has 55pts so far in our scoring system. wk 9 (McNabb's bye wk) he's home against Tenn. Last 3 wks of season for playoffs: @Tenn, home NE, @ KC

FRYE: 54pts now. wk 9 @SD. Last 3 wks: @Balt, home TB, @ Hou.

Carr: 50 pts now. wk 9 @NYG. Last 3 wks: @NE, home IND, home Cleve.

McNair: 28pts now. wk 9 Cinci. Last 3 wks: Home Clev, @ Pitt, home Buf.

How would you rank Leftwich, Frye, Carr, McNair? I have them in the order I think they should be ranked to matchup with McNabb. One thing to note - Frye does well even against the tough defenses and runs them in himself. He has taken some hard hits though since he holds onto the ball too long.

I know McNabb is doing great so far. Knock on wood. I still need a better QB for his bye week and with Westbrook and Stallworth (Reggie Brown?) having injuries (especially Westbrook's knees), I'm not sure how much McNabb can handle. If he has to keep running for TDs in order to win he may end up paying for it with injuries of his own. I think Leftwich helps me more in the bye week (and overall his schedule is the easiest), but who do you think will help the most if McNabb goes down? Another "Knock on Wood."

Thanks Menudo! :D

1. Leftwich

2. Frye

3. Carr

4. McNair

I agree with your rankings.

menudo thanks for RB advice what do you think about my WR's need to play 2. Do I dare start Williamson over my studs?

Williamson vs Lions

Burress vs Skins

Williams vs Vikings

Nope.

Go with Williams & Burress

Need 2 of these guys. Half-point per reception.

Thomas Jones vs. Buffalo

Ronnie Brown @ New England

Frank Gore vs. Oakland

I was ready to bench Gore after his fumble problems and with the Bears running game finally getting on track. But I don't think I can bench him this week against Oakland.

So now it boils down to Jones (at home against Buffalo, 21st against the run) or Brown (@ NE, 13th against the run).

I'm stuck. Thanks in advance.

Gore

R. Brown

Pick two, SSP

R. Brown v. Pats

Edge v. Chiefs

K. Jones v. Vikings

Gore v. Raiders

Think Gore will have a decent week? I definitely like his matchup but he's been pretty bad of late.

K. Jones

Gore

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Mike Bell, Thomas Jones, Jones-Drew

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Colston, Jennings, Moulds

TE – Watson

K – Lindell

DEF – Steelers, Chargers

His Team

QB – Brady, Big Ben

RB – LT, Ronnie Brown, D Williams

WR – Wayne, Matt Jones, Mark Clayton, Edwards, Gabriel

TE – Gates, Dallas Clark

K – Kasay

DEF – Vikings, Cowboys

He wants to move Gates. He wants me to give him Boldin/Watson for Gates/Clayton. This trade downgrades my WRs a bit, but I can go young and start Harrison, Jennings, and Colston. My TE gets a definite upgrade in Gates, though he has been underperforming. I am giving up too much?

Also this guy has 4 of his 5 wrs on bye week 6 when I happen to play him. This would give him Boldin to play against me rather than having to cut one or 2 guys to get some starters.

I would pass on this trade. Gates will get better, but, will not come anywhere close to last year's numbers, and in the end, I think he and Watson will be close in production.

I'M 3-1 AND LEAD IN MY DIVISION (12 TEAM KEEPER LEAGUE)

USING WHO I HAVE ON MY ROSTER WHO WOULD YOU START IN WEEK 5: THE FIRST 8 PLAYERS ARE WHO I THINK WOULD BE BEST. I ADDED SOME SIDE COMMENTS FOR ENTERTAINMENT VALUE :D

(SEE MY SIG LINE FOR POINT SYSTEM USED)

HERE IS MY LINEUP REQUIREMENT:

1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST and 1FLEX (TE-RB-WR)

Smith, Alex (GOOD MATCHUP VS. RAIDERS) or I can claim Huard off waivers and start him vs. Zona?

Parker, Willie (tough matchup vs. Chargers) BUT LLOKED GREAT 2 WEEKS AGO......

Rhodes, Dominic (no brainer here) THEY PLAY THE TITANS ;-)

Boldin, Anquan (dunno? thoughts of benching have crossed my mind) only player avail on waivers worth grabbing for week 5 is Greg Lewis or Marcus Robinson. Zona plays at home, but Leinert is still very green)

Furrey, Mike (just picked him up. taking my chances here over Rod Smith against the Ravens)

Johnson, Eric (banking on the niners bouncing back and taking care of the raiders on all cylinders)

Hall, John (only decent kicker avail. Graham is on a bye)

Ravens DEF (monday night vs. broncos) best defense!

-----------------------------------

Jones-Drew, Maurice (started him last week and WON!) he was the reason i actually won. WENT WITH MY GUT. I BENCHED AND LATER DUMPED JENKINS AND WENT WITH DREW VS. SKINS! HE'S TEMPTING AS HELL vs. Jets IN WEEK 5)

Williams, Cadillac (don't rust him, even after a bye week. also keep hearing about the back spasms!)

Williams, DeAngelo (waiting patiently for Foster to go down)

Smith, Rod (not feeling him-furrey is a sexier start ;-)

Miller, Heath (not sure either. i like e. johnson's matchup better then Heath vs. chargers. Big Ben needs to prove he can play football again........

Hasselbeck, Matt --->BYE WEEK 5

Johnson, Chad------> BYE WEEK 5

Graham, Shayne---> BYE WEEK 5

I agree with all of your decisions.

Please help me pick my 3 WR's for Week 5

Bernard Berrian vs Buff

Plaxico Burress vs Wash

Roy Williams vs Minn

Jericho Cotchery vs Jets

Javon Walker vs Balt.

Walker facing tough D

R Williams hasn't scored lately...but he's supposedly a stud??

Please help??

Burress

R. Williams

Cotchery

Who do i start between these people-

QB: Eli Manning against Washington or Marc Bulger against GB. (6 pts. per td, 1 pt. per 25yrds)

WR: J. Cotchery against Jac. or E. Kennison against ARZ.

Te: J. Shockey against Washington or L. Smith against Dallas.

Thanks in advance

Bulger

Kennison

J. Shockey

Bye weeks and Driver ?-able again leaves me hanging when my bye weeks come around. Of course my last resort WR (Givens) is out so 3 are out and one ?able at WR this week.

Available FA's, but I get last pick this week. Who you like to replace Givens?

Greg Lewis, Furrey, Welker, Koren Robinson (if he isn't doesn't land on "Go to Jail, Do Not Pass Go, ...), Bryant Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, Tim Carter

I may have to play this guy the next two weeks, don't have matchups, who you like from here on out? I've listed them in my order of preference.

Here is how I rank them:

Furrey (far and way the best of the bunch imho), Lewis, Welker, B. Johnson, Parrish, K. Robinson, T. Carter

Some trade advice needed when you get a second...

My 12 team PPR league, pretty standard scoring. Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR.

I've got:

QB - Eli, B Johnson

RB - Willis, Gore, Jordan

WR - Ward, Jennings, Re. Williams, Evans, D. Mason

TE - Winslow, Watson

K - Kaeding

D - KC, Seattle

He's got:

QB - Rivers, Hasselbeck

RB - Dunn, Rhodes, Jones-Drew, M. Anderson, M. Morris

WR - S. Smith, Berrian, Colston, Bryant

TE - Gonzalez (& Colston)

K - Carney

D - NO, Indy

This guy posted a notice that he needs a RB. Jennings and Williams have helped boost what has been an otherwise awful WR corps, and I'd love to nab Smith with this being a PPR league.

Problem is that I don't have much RB depth, and there's really no one on his list (minus Dunn) who I'd feel comfortable starting when one of my guys has a bye week.

There are, however, some decent options on waivers. Dayne, Gado, Jacobs, and Mi. Robinson are some of the better choices out there.

Should I risk my RB depth and trade one of my guys (Gore or Jordan) for Smith? If so, which guy do I trade? I think Gore might be able to get it done, and it sounds more and more like Robinson is going to get all the goalline carries so I think Gore's value could take an enormous hit in the coming weeks. I'm not sold on Jordan being "back" yet and Oakland's offense is awful, but I don't know if he's going to be enough to get the trade done (plus I believe he's facing some pretty bad run Ds in the upcoming weeks). Though seeing as how he'd have a pretty thin WR corps if he made the trade, I could throw in one of mine with Jordan and see if he bites.

Thoughts?

I really think you need to stand pat. Your WR's are pretty solid, and one thing I've learned, is you don't want to give up RB Depth, as it ALWAYS comes back to bite you. Stand pat.

Who should I start?

QB

Favre vs Rams

Kitna at Vikes

#3 WR (Pick 1)

Driver vs. Rams

Fitz vs Chiefs

Gabriel vs Fins

Chambers at Pats

Thanks for the help.

Favre

Driver (if he plays, if not, go with Fitz)

start 4 of these:

h. ward @SD

d. stallworth vs DAL

p. burress vs WAS

b. edwards @CAR

m. furrey @MIN

e. wilford vs NYJ

j. wiggins vs DET

right now i have ward, burress, edwards, furrey with donte out

You've got it right.

Hello - a WDIS and a SIMTT question this week:

Lewis @ Denver

or

D.Williams V Cleveland

Also - given my RB's are Tiki, Lewis, Williams and M.Morris, should I trade away Gates and Lewis to get Dominic Rhodes, Fred Taylor and Heath Miller?

Thanks dude

Lewis

I would pass on the trade, as Rhodes and Taylor are both beginning to lose a lot of the touches.

Help me pick 4 out of these 5. Standard scoring, no PPR.

McGahee @ Chi

Chester Taylor v. Det

Bolden v. KC

M. Colston v. TB

T. Glenn @ PHI

McGahee

C. Taylor

Boldin

Glenn

Receiving Yards .06 points for every 1 ReYd

Reception .6 points

Rushing Attempt .2 points

Rushing Yards .06 points for every 1 RuYd

WDIS: need 3 right now I have Boldin, Walker and Bush in there

Boldin vs. KC

Gates vs. Pit

Reg Williams vs NYJ

Colston vs. TB

Reg Bush vs TB

Cotchery vs Jax

Javon Walker vs. Balt

thanks!

Must pick 2 of 3 (both starters on bye week) at WR:

Bernard Berrian who's been productive, home vs. the tough Buffalo D

Javon Walker, also productive, home vs. the ridiculously good Raven D

Hines Ward, not productive along with Roeth, @ the salty San Diego D

My thoughts are more not to go with Ward until Pittsburgh shows me something in the passing game and that San Diego is not the place they'll get on track...but the idea of playing anybody against the Ravens seems unproductive.

Thanks for any thoughts.

:D