[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread

Flip_Side

Another trade question:

I'd give Clinton Portis, Cadillac Williams, and Anquin Boldin - for - Larry Johnson, Jamal Lewis, and Isaac Bruce. Pretty standard scoring system (1 pt for 10 yds, 6 pts for TD's).

Portis / Johnson - I really like Portis, but I'd take Johnson any day, I'd guess this is obvious

Williams / Lewis - Both have issues, but at least Lewis is on a winning team that will try to defend the pass

Boldin / Bruce - Obviously Boldin is the choice, however... I also have Roy Williams, Donald Driver, and Reggie Brown to choose from, no superstars but decent depth to choose matchups and get some points each week.

Can I rely on those other 3 WR's to go ahead and upgrade RB's?

Edited by tracerbullet

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Smith as QB

Rhodes at RB (you said you only start 1 RB, thats weird)

Boldin, and Furry at WR. Even with Leinart throwing the ball to Boldin, he's better than Smith Vs the Ravens.

Miller for TE. (Ben WILL get it back together this week, they will need to pass the ball to win also. Expect Miller to get his.)

YOU MISSED MY FLEX POSITION!

HERE IS MY LINEUP REQUIREMENTS:

1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST and 1FLEX (TE-RB-WR)

WHO WOULD YOU PLUG IN?

SO FAR I HAVE WITH YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS:

QB- SMITH

RB- RHODES

FLEX- ???(PARKER,JONES-DREW,DEANGELO,E.JOHNSON,CADDY,or ROD SMITH-PICK ONE OF THESE GUYS FOR MY FLEX)

WR- BOLDIN

WR- FURREY

TE- MILLER

K- HALL

DEF- RAVENS

THANKS BOSS!!

Flip -

I have to start 3. Here are the matchups:

A Boldin vs Chiefs (Leinart's rookie start vs TOUGH secondary)

A Bryant vs Raiders

L Coles (Q) @ Jaguars

B Edwards @ Panthers

D Mason @ Broncos (against Champ Bailey..) :D

R Williams @ Vikings

At this point, I am thinking Roy, Braylon & Laverneus.

Your thoughts??

Thanks.

starting Harrison and Boldin and need to pick one

Colston vs TB

Jennings vs STL

I've been picking the wrong WR each week. Week 3 picked colston and Jennings blew up, last week took Jennings and Colston tore it up. Leaning towards Colston this week.

Another option woud be to bench boldin in favor of both of them. Don't think I can do that though.

I'm back Flip Side. You were wondering if I was the manager of the team. I am, but I share the team with my husband. I get caught often saying "my" and "our." I try to just say, "my," but I often slip. Sorry about that. My husband hardly ever looks up info or asks questions - that's why I do.

To repeat: I'm in a redraft/performance scoring league which includes 4pts for every 4 rec. 6pts for tds (more pts for longer tds).

My WRs: Holt, Housh, Wayne, Colston, Cotchery.

My RBs: Saun Alexander, Gore, Chester Taylor, Dayne, Musa Smith, Leon Washington.

I spoke with the other teamowner. The only way he would give up Portis is if I gave up Holt. I don't want to do that. He has no interest in Cotchery.

He was willing to trade one of the following: Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, M Drew-Jones, Norwood, Maroney-

for one of the following: Housh, Colston, Wayne.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just have this feeling that Reggie Wayne has less value right now than Housh or Colston. I think that the lack of running game is hurting Wayne. What do you think? How would you rank Houshmandzadeh, Colston, Wayne? I have them in the order I rank them in.

Would you pick up JJ, KJ, or Maroney? If yes, please rank the ones you would pick up.

To note: Julius Jones is the only one of his RBs that I'm interested in who already has his bye week. None of my Wrs have a their bye wk yet. Reggie Wayne has a bye the week I go up against this teamowner.

Thanks a lot Flip Side! :D

I still think Wayne's got it, just give him time. I put them in this order; Wayne, Housh, Colston. Try trading Colston for Maroney or Kevin Jones, you would be getting the better part of the deal for sure. I would rank his RBs in this order; Maroney, KJ, JJ.

Another trade question:

I'd give Clinton Portis, Cadillac Williams, and Anquin Boldin - for - Larry Johnson, Jamal Lewis, and Isaac Bruce. Pretty standard scoring system (1 pt for 10 yds, 6 pts for TD's).

Portis / Johnson - I really like Portis, but I'd take Johnson any day, I'd guess this is obvious

Williams / Lewis - Both have issues, but at least Lewis is on a winning team that will try to defend the pass

Boldin / Bruce - Obviously Boldin is the choice, however... I also have Roy Williams, Donald Driver, and Reggie Brown to choose from, no superstars but decent depth to choose matchups and get some points each week.

Can I rely on those other 3 WR's to go ahead and upgrade RB's?

Do it! Caddy will have trouble running with Gradkowski in the backfield throwing the ball, they will just stack 8 men in the box. Boldin is on the down swing now with Leinart at QB, not sure how thats going to work out. Portis is a stud but your upgrading with Larry Johnson imo. Isaac Bruce will get his most weeks, Bulger still loves to throw to him.

YOU MISSED MY FLEX POSITION!

HERE IS MY LINEUP REQUIREMENTS:

1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST and 1FLEX (TE-RB-WR)

WHO WOULD YOU PLUG IN?

SO FAR I HAVE WITH YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS:

QB- SMITH

RB- RHODES

FLEX- ???(PARKER,JONES-DREW,DEANGELO,E.JOHNSON,CADDY,or ROD SMITH-PICK ONE OF THESE GUYS FOR MY FLEX)

WR- BOLDIN

WR- FURREY

TE- MILLER

K- HALL

DEF- RAVENS

THANKS BOSS!!

Sorry about that, go Parker for Flex. He has looked great, Pitt will need to establish the run to have any success Vs the Chargers. He should have a good game.

Flip -

I have to start 3. Here are the matchups:

A Boldin vs Chiefs (Leinart's rookie start vs TOUGH secondary)

A Bryant vs Raiders

L Coles (Q) @ Jaguars

B Edwards @ Panthers

D Mason @ Broncos (against Champ Bailey..) :D

R Williams @ Vikings

At this point, I am thinking Roy, Braylon & Laverneus.

Your thoughts??

Thanks.

Wouldn't take a chance on Boldin this week. The Chiefs have been real stingy on D and should wreak havoc on Leinart.

Bryant could have a pretty big week. Frye just burned them for 3 TD's. Smith should be able to throw well on them also.

I think Coles will be shutdown this week, I don't like the matchup at all.

Edwards should do pretty well, Carolina is giving up some huge plays.

I don't like Mason at all, he will be covered tight all game.

Roy Williams will have a good game, Kitna targets him a ton of times.

Go Bryant, Edwards, and Roy Williams!

starting Harrison and Boldin and need to pick one

Colston vs TB

Jennings vs STL

I've been picking the wrong WR each week. Week 3 picked colston and Jennings blew up, last week took Jennings and Colston tore it up. Leaning towards Colston this week.

Another option woud be to bench boldin in favor of both of them. Don't think I can do that though.

Go Jennings, great matchup. Could end up being the #1 if Driver doesn't go. I don't think being the #1 and getting the coverage that Driver gets would effect his numbers. Afterall it's St. Louis that we're talking about. Colston has been hot, but I just don't see it happening another week.

WHO to START @ Wr .....need 2 of 4 : Total Perf league !

Boldin vs Chefs

Jennings vs Rams

Colston vs Bucs

Furrey @ Vikes

Boldin and Jennings. Don't like Boldin much this week with Leinart throwing the rock, but you gotta go him over your other options. Jennings should have a great day, Favre targets him a lot.

Pick one:

KJones vs Minn

or

TBell vs Baltimore

Standard scoring league.

Also TWilliamson vs Det or RSmith vs Balt (I think I know this one)

Thanks

Jones for sure. Bell will get eaten up by the Ravens, he won't have a good game at all.

Go Williamson, easy matchup. Everyone has been throwing on Detroit.

Need two RB's & two WR's:

McGahee Vs. Bears

Parker Vs. Chargers

F. Taylor Vs. Jets

Addai Vs. Titans

Chambers Vs. Pats

Fitz Vs. Chiefs

Bryant Vs. Raiders

Colston Vs. Bucs

Thanks!

I don't like McGahee at all this week, he will have a rough game.

Parker could do some big things, they will run him a lot.

Taylor won't have too great of a game, I expect him to get yardage but nothing more.

Addai will have a good game, they will run him quite a bit against the Titans. He'll get his.

Go Parker and Addai.

For WR... Go Chambers and Bryant. Allthough Cpep has been playing horrible he does look Chambers way a ton of times. Bryant will have a great game Vs the Raiders. I just don't trust Fitz yet with Leinart at QB, and I don't think Colston goes off again.

PPR League, 1pt/50yds Pass, 1pt/20yds rec, 1pt/20yds rush, 6pts/TD.

I have included The Huddles projections and start or sit rating. Thanks for the advice.

QB pick 1

Bulger at GB - 300, 2 S1

Grossman vs Buf - 220, 1 S2

WR pick 3

Boldin vs KC - 60, S2

Keyshawn vs CLE - 50,1 S2

Jennings vs STL - 80,1 S2

Reggie Williams vs NYJ - 80,1 S2

RB pick 2

LT vs PIT 80,1 40 S1

Ronnie Brown at NE 50,40 S2

Thomas Jones vs BUf 70,1, 10 S2

20 yards per point

6 points for a TD

Pick 2 of the following RB's

Kevin Jones vs. Minneosta

Cadillac Williams vs. New Orleans

Foster vs. Browns

Julius Jones vs. Philadelphia

Im leaning towards JJ and Foster but what ya think?

Foster and Kevin Jones. KJ has been great the past 2 weeks, and they will look to get him involved in the game for sure. Foster should have no trouble running all over the Browns.

Pickup Brees or Dehlomme drop Favre? My starter is Carson.

Seems Brees is getting it going in NO and Favre is back to being the interception king and is dinged up. So I’m not sure on this. Also Jake has Smith back. Any ideas?

Std. Performance Scoring. Thanks!

Pickup Delhomme, with Smith back he has been great.

PPR League, 1pt/50yds Pass, 1pt/20yds rec, 1pt/20yds rush, 6pts/TD.

I have included The Huddles projections and start or sit rating. Thanks for the advice.

QB pick 1

Bulger at GB - 300, 2 S1

Grossman vs Buf - 220, 1 S2

WR pick 3

Boldin vs KC - 60, S2

Keyshawn vs CLE - 50,1 S2

Jennings vs STL - 80,1 S2

Reggie Williams vs NYJ - 80,1 S2

RB pick 2

LT vs PIT 80,1 40 S1

Ronnie Brown at NE 50,40 S2

Thomas Jones vs BUf 70,1, 10 S2

Bulger for sure, that's a no brainer.

for WR:

Keyshawn should have a great game Vs Cleveland. Delhomme will have no trouble throwing the ball on them.

Go Jennings also, should have a great game Vs a Rams D that has been giving up a lot of yardage.

And for the final spot go Williams, Leftwich loves the kid and will throw to him often.

Boldin won't have a good game, give Leinart some time to get used to the NFL.

Go LT and Jones for sure.

T.Jones will be able to run well against the Bills. I just don't think Ronnie will get it done this week against the Pats.

Edited by Flip_Side

Bulger for sure, that's a no brainer.

for WR:

Keyshawn should have a great game Vs Cleveland. Delhomme will have no trouble throwing the ball on them.

Go Jennings also, should have a great game Vs a Rams D that has been giving up a lot of yardage.

And for the final spot go Williams, Leftwich loves the kid and will throw to him often.

Boldin won't have a good game, give Leinart some time to get used to the NFL.

Go LT and Jones for sure.

T.Jones will be able to run well against the Bills. I just don't think Ronnie will get it done this week against the Pats.

Thanks for the advice Flip Side. I think I agree with you. I just hate sitting Boldin and Ronnie Brown for what their potential could be.

Thanks for the advice Flip Side. I think I agree with you. I just hate sitting Boldin and Ronnie Brown for what their potential could be.

Believe me, I'm one of the biggest Ronnie Brown fans out there. He'll be decent this week, but I just expect Jones to come out and run all over the Bills.

two questions

pick one

bledsoe vs. phi

kitna vs. min

pennington vs. jax

i have picked the wrong one based on match-ups all year. 1pt/10 yds after 150, 5pts TD

also,

would you start gore vs. oak over barber vs. was or westbrook (if playing) vs. dal?

1-2 pts per 10 yrds pending total amount, 6pts TD

thanks

I am looking to rebuild for next year. Here are the best deals on the table for me.

Deal 1

I give C.Portis (non keeper)

I get Chest Taylor (can keep him for next year also) + T.Williamson (2 yr keeper) + his fourth round pick

Deal 2

I give Portis + Ravens D + Des Clark

I get J.Norwood (2 yr keeper) + E.Moulds + his fourth round pick

Deal 3

I give Portis + Des Clark + M.Furrey

I get Grossman (2 yr keeper) + Barlow (2 yr keeper) + D.Stallworth (2 yr keeper) + V.Davis (2 yr keeper) + his fourth round pick

Keep in mind, I can only keep four total players from my roster. Right now, I have M.Vick, C.Benson, and Ravens DST (if I do not trade) as my best prospects.

Please rank deals in order and add comments if you have time.

THanks.