[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson fires 5 shots from his gun in a personal altercation ...

Grits and Shins

Pacers' Jackson fires gun at strip club 21 minutes ago

INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Pacers player Stephen Jackson was hit in the mouth, struck by a car and fired a gun outside a strip club early Friday, police said.

Jackson, 28, told officers he fired his 9 mm pistol four or five times in the air in self-defense after he was punched and hit by a car outside the club, said Sgt. Matthew Mount, spokesman for the Indianapolis Police Department.

Jackson went up onto the hood of the car, Mount said.

There were no reports of anyone being struck by the gunfire, and police did not make any immediate arrests. Police are looking for the car that hit Jackson and others involved.

An argument involving patrons, Jackson and other members of the Pacers began inside the club, Mount said. The players said they left the club, but patrons followed them outside.

"At some point when leaving the club, a verbal altercation ensued that turned into a physical altercation," Mount said.

Jackson was limping but refused medical treatment at the scene, Mount said. He conferred with a Pacers trainer and sought medical treatment at a hospital.

The other Pacers at the scene were Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie Hunter.

Tinsley and Daniels also had guns in their cars, and all three players had permits for the weapons, Mount said, although Daniels' permit was issued in Florida.

The Pacers planned to release a statement about the incident later Friday. The Associated Press left messages seeking comment with Jackson's agent, Dan Fegan.

Jackson joined the Pacers in 2004 and averaged 16 points last season.

He was among Pacers players who threw punches at fans at the end of a nationally televised Indiana-Detroit game in 2004. He pleaded no contest to misdemeanor assault charges and was sentenced to probation and community service.

Last year, Jackson often argued with officials, complained when he was taken out of games and said he didn't care whether the Pacers traded him.

But during a recent press conference, Jackson hugged coach Rick Carlisle and sat by his side to answer questions — an impromptu gesture the Pacers hoped would be a symbol of improved team chemistry this season.

Edited by Puddy

Pacers Steven Jackson is a major thug. He and Tinsley and a couple other Pacers were out at a strip bar and got into a confrontation in the parking lot. Jackson says someone punched him, and then ran into him with his car. He fired 5 shots.

Pacers Steven Jackson is a major thug. He and Tinsley and a couple other Pacers were out at a strip bar and got into a confrontation in the parking lot. Jackson says someone punched him, and then ran into him with his car. He fired 5 shots.

Really? Interesing you would say that.

As I don't follow the NBA I was unaware that there was a thug in the NBA with that name ... of course aren't all NBA players thugs.

True. There's only a few of us like Capt Hook and myself that know about Jackson's thugery. :D

As I don't follow the NBA I was unaware that there was a thug in the NBA with that name ... of course aren't all NBA players thugs.

naw- The NBA is child's play compared to NFL thugs, these guys are all skinny Rosie O'Donnell. The real violent thugs are in the NFL. Supposedly Steven Jackson is a Blood, but mosr of those guys are all posers and the NBA off the court stuff is minor compared to the NFL, which is to be expected..........

Wow, dude. That is an extremely subjective statement, yet you make is sound like fact. If that's a quote you pulled from somewhere, you need to make a note of that.

Wow, dude. That is an extremely subjective statement, yet you make is sound like fact. If that's a quote you pulled from somewhere, you need to make a note of that.

Ummmm, two groups of guys get into fist fight at a strip club, one side tries to run over the other with a car, so the other side responds by firing his weapon five times? All while one of these groups is supposed to be in training for their season as professional athletes? And the characterization of "thug" is called into question? :D

Heck, I think that IS the definition of thug. Here's hoping the league suspends him, Indy cuts him, and doesn't pay him due to "conduct not becoming a human being" clause in his contract. He's just lucky he shoots even worse with a gun than he does on the hardcourt -- his 'self defense' angle wouldn't help him beat a manslaughter charge.

Ummmm, two groups of guys get into fist fight at a strip club, one side tries to run over the other with a car, so the other side responds by firing his weapon five times? All while one of these groups is supposed to be in training for their season as professional athletes? And the characterization of "thug" is called into question? :D

Heck, I think that IS the definition of thug. Here's hoping the league suspends him, Indy cuts him, and doesn't pay him due to "conduct not becoming a human being" clause in his contract. He's just lucky he shoots even worse with a gun than he does on the hardcourt -- his 'self defense' angle wouldn't help him beat a manslaughter charge.

He fired his gun, which he has a permit for, in the air. If someone tried to run me over with a car, I'm firing straight through the windshield.

Funny thing, I can't remember the last time I had to unload a round of bullets into the air after being run over outside a strip club...

What always amazes me about these things is how these dudes find themselves in these situations.

Wed 10-11-06..

and they found a small amount of POT on the passenger side.. Almost every time an NBA player gets in trouble they find Josh Gordon. As the OLDER Doogie Howser likes to say- "83% of (insert subject) which would be NBA PLAYERS, have pot in their posession when getting in trouble.

OK, I admit I watch - How I met your Mother - and YES I am in therapy for that and other minor flaws.

Edited by Mark5