[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Quick Picks

Menudo

Give me your question, and I'll do my best to give you a good answer. I'll simply answer your question, and if you want details as to why, just ask............ Who Do I Start, Should I make this trade, Who should I pickup, Maryanne or Ginger, anything goes...................Fire away.

Note: Please put who your players are going up against, as it makes it much easier on me. Thanks.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy McMicheal looked good with Harrington in as QB...

he's a FA, has his value gone way up now that Harrington is QB?

Worth a pickup?... If not, how bout these other FA TE's:

Cooley, Stevens, Watson, Wrighster, Wiggins

Anybody worth a pickup over Gonzo.. He just ain't cuttin it so far

Thanx in advance

Edited by airmcnair8888

I have MHarrison on a bye this week. Should I roll with Rod Smith vs Oakland or try to drop Williamson for a ww pickup. Right now, Wes Walker is the best option available (Harrington seems to like him.

Also, Tatem Bell vs Oak over KJones vs Buff?

Need help with my receivers for week 6. I just had Fitz go down so I am hurting.

Stallworth vs. Saints ( IF he plays???)

Chambers vs. Jets

Bryant vs. Chargers

Colston vs. Eagles

Gates Vs. 49ers

Bryant Johnson Vs. Bears (don't have him yet, but will try to pick him up this week)

I need three receivers for the week, any help?

thanks.

As I have mentioned before, I am 0-5 and building for the future. I must keep four players. We cannot keep any players drafted in rounds 1-3. The fourth round is our first keeper round - we can keep any player drafted in the 4th round for three total years.

I have been offered a deal that nets me another fourth round pick. Here it is.

I give Ravens DST (2 yr keeper after this season), J.Galloway (1 yr keeper after this season), J.Cotchery (3 yr keeper after this season), and C.Cooley (2 yr keeper after this season) + my 7th round pick.

I get L.Betts (2 yr keeper after this year and unrestricted free agent) + T.Henry (playing well and a two yr, keeper) + his fourth round pick.

Based on the folks being dumped back into the redraft after this season, the quality of players available in the fourth round would include WR ranked 8-15, low end RBs (such as J.Lewis or T.Jones, maybe a K.Jones), the top 3 TEs, nearly all rookie RBs/WR.

Before trade I look like this:

Three 4th round picks + pick any 4 of these guys

Grossman/Vick

CBenson/L.Washington/CPerry

D.Stallworth/Galloway/Cotchery/C.Henry/CJackson

C.Cooley/VDavis

Ravens DST

I would probably keep Grossman/Benson/Stallworth/Ravens or Galloway or Cotch or Washington/Henry if they were the starter

After trade I look like this

Four, 4th round picks + pick any four of these players

Grossman/Vick

CBenson/L.Washington/T.Henry/L.Betts/CPerry

D.Stallworth/MClayton/T.Williamson/CHenry/CJackson

V.Davis

I would keep Grossman/Benson/Stallworth/Washington or Henry or V.Davis

Would you make this deal and get the extra fourth or look to keep the Ravens, Galloway, or Cotch as my fourth keeper over Washington/Henry/or VD

What do you think about this trade.

Standard Performance scoring.

I would be giving up Brian Westbrook and getting Ronnie Brown.

I wouldn't consider this trade except for Westbrooks injury problems the last couple weeks.

Thanks for the help.

Menudo -

Which RB should I pick off WW this week (hopefully only a one week play):

Maurice Morris

Marion Barber

Leon Washington

Jerious Norwood

Leaning Morris's way due to the fact he will play this week when I need him but Washington for example might have better long-term value. This is just a seasonal league though

Thanks

Randy McMicheal looked good with Harrington in as QB...

he's a FA, has his value gone way up now that Harrington is QB?

Worth a pickup?... If not, how bout these other FA TE's:

Cooley, Stevens, Watson, Wrighster, Wiggins

Anybody worth a pickup over Gonzo.. He just ain't cuttin it so far

Thanx in advance

No, I would be patient with Gonzo and wouldn't drop him for any of those available TE's.

I have MHarrison on a bye this week. Should I roll with Rod Smith vs Oakland or try to drop Williamson for a ww pickup. Right now, Wes Walker is the best option available (Harrington seems to like him.

Also, Tatem Bell vs Oak over KJones vs Buff?

No, go with Rod Smith

Tatum Bell

Need help with my receivers for week 6. I just had Fitz go down so I am hurting.

Stallworth vs. Saints ( IF he plays???)

Chambers vs. Jets

Bryant vs. Chargers

Colston vs. Eagles

Gates Vs. 49ers

Bryant Johnson Vs. Bears (don't have him yet, but will try to pick him up this week)

I need three receivers for the week, any help?

thanks.

Colston

Gates

Stallworth (If he plays, if not, go with Chambers)

Gore v. SD or Foster @ BAL

Boldin v. CHI or Cotchery v. MIA

LJ Smith @ NO or Heap v. CAR

Thanks in advance!

Gore

Boldin

LJ Smith

Edited by Menudo

As I have mentioned before, I am 0-5 and building for the future. I must keep four players. We cannot keep any players drafted in rounds 1-3. The fourth round is our first keeper round - we can keep any player drafted in the 4th round for three total years.

I have been offered a deal that nets me another fourth round pick. Here it is.

I give Ravens DST (2 yr keeper after this season), J.Galloway (1 yr keeper after this season), J.Cotchery (3 yr keeper after this season), and C.Cooley (2 yr keeper after this season) + my 7th round pick.

I get L.Betts (2 yr keeper after this year and unrestricted free agent) + T.Henry (playing well and a two yr, keeper) + his fourth round pick.

Based on the folks being dumped back into the redraft after this season, the quality of players available in the fourth round would include WR ranked 8-15, low end RBs (such as J.Lewis or T.Jones, maybe a K.Jones), the top 3 TEs, nearly all rookie RBs/WR.

Before trade I look like this:

Three 4th round picks + pick any 4 of these guys

Grossman/Vick

CBenson/L.Washington/CPerry

D.Stallworth/Galloway/Cotchery/C.Henry/CJackson

C.Cooley/VDavis

Ravens DST

I would probably keep Grossman/Benson/Stallworth/Ravens or Galloway or Cotch or Washington/Henry if they were the starter

After trade I look like this

Four, 4th round picks + pick any four of these players

Grossman/Vick

CBenson/L.Washington/T.Henry/L.Betts/CPerry

D.Stallworth/MClayton/T.Williamson/CHenry/CJackson

V.Davis

I would keep Grossman/Benson/Stallworth/Washington or Henry or V.Davis

Would you make this deal and get the extra fourth or look to keep the Ravens, Galloway, or Cotch as my fourth keeper over Washington/Henry/or VD

I would pass on that trade.

What do you think about this trade.

Standard Performance scoring.

I would be giving up Brian Westbrook and getting Ronnie Brown.

I wouldn't consider this trade except for Westbrooks injury problems the last couple weeks.

Thanks for the help.

I would take this trade due to the injury concerns with Westbrook.

my starters Gore and T Jones are both out Week 7, so right now I would be starting Jones-Drew and Mike Bell. With Mike not seeing the light of day last night, should I just give up hope that he'll be used at goaline or in spot duty? I can pick up Leon Washington, who got lots of garbage time, but might be the starter now in NYJ.

I like Leon Washington better than M. Bell at this point.

Menudo -

Which RB should I pick off WW this week (hopefully only a one week play):

Maurice Morris

Marion Barber

Leon Washington

Jerious Norwood

Leaning Morris's way due to the fact he will play this week when I need him but Washington for example might have better long-term value. This is just a seasonal league though

Thanks

Maurice Morris

Give me your question, and I'll do my best to give you a good answer. I'll simply answer your question, and if you want details as to why, just ask............ Who Do I Start, Should I make this trade, Who should I pickup, Maryanne or Ginger, anything goes...................Fire away.

Note: Please put who your players are going up against, as it makes it much easier on me. Thanks.

My Present Team:

QB - Grossman, Carr

RB - R. Brown, L Jordan, L. Washington, L. White, C. Benson

WR - H Ward, A. Boldin, D. Driver, J. Horn, T. Williamson - Hines Ward is slipping pretty quickly, especially with his hamstring most likely to be a season-long problem. The rest of the WRs are still producing, though not as consistently as prior seasons. Therefore, I am thinking of dropping Hines Ward.

TE - Gates

K - Gould, Vandergajt

DEF - K.C, and San Diego

Now on to my choice of WRs:

Arnaz Battle - A. Bryant is still the go to guy, but Battle will draw single coverage, kind of like a tight end

Ronald Curry - did better than Alvis Whitted, the starter

Derek Hagan - a possible starter in place of Marty Booker, and a sleeper WR (rookie too; did well in college)

Brandon Jones - to take the place of Drew Bennett, who has both a quadriceps injury and ankle injury

Santonio Holmes, who is on the verge of replacing Cedrick Wilson in the starting lineup (C Wilson has not been consistent either, dropping too many passes).

Should I drop H. Ward and pick one of these WRs available?

Hey there Menudo-

Would you do this trade?

Bryant Johnson/I. Bruce/Rivers for Hasselbeck/Ward

I have been playing WWQBBC (that's waiver wire QBBBC). Rivers is my choice this week. Is Hass a long-term solution and am I losing too much depth at WR...or... am I better off going after someone like Bledsoe. Thanks!

(roster and scoring in my sig.)

Ward/Gore for R. Wayne/Lamont Jordan. Would you do it?

My RBs are Portis, Jordan and junk (M. Bell, B. Jacobs, N. Herron). They would be better with Gore.

My WRs are solid if not exciting (start 4): Wayne, Roy Williams, B. Berrian, B. Edwards, D. Mason.

I figure Ward platoons with Mason until he gets off the schnied and once Roethlisberger is back to his old self and throwing to Ward again, this trade is a good one. Thoughts?

Should I make this trade based on my team below or hold onto Holt. I am also 1st on waiver wire this week and picking up Bryant Johnson for the next few weeks. Also, he has Chad Johnson...I can ask for him instead of Darrell Jax to go along with Palmer?

Should I make this trade? Is it worth it?

I'm looking to unload Randy Moss and I'm wondering just what I should want in return. Would you trade Randy straight up for Joey Galloway? How about T.J. Housh? What's the lowest you should go, or would you just hold on to Moss?

It's a PPR league, start 3 WR's, and my other WR's are R. Wayne, D. Mason, and A. Bryant. Rest of team is : D. Mcnabb, LT, Chester, D. Foster, D. Brown, N Herron, M. Turner, B. Gradowksi, Kaeding, Pitt D.