[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty disturbing story

skins

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some questions for you because you seem to know very little about these issues. Hopefully, these will help you learn about the case a little:

Why isnt he considered an enemy combatant now?

because of a fairly bizarre court ruling. which, congress (who seems to get it, by the way) promptly remedied by clarifying the law in order to deal with people like padilla.

to prosecute someone like padilla to the fullest extent would require bringing out all kinds of highly classified material, giving padilla and his lawyers chances to speak to witnesses, etc. besides, charging him with a crime is not in the government's interest right now. he is far more useful as a potential intelligence asset. once again we're back to the difference between treating terrorism as a law and order problem versus a national security problem.

because of a fairly bizarre court ruling. which, congress (who seems to get it, by the way) promptly remedied by clarifying the law in order to deal with people like padilla.

You mean US citizens, right?

And the government did charge him with crimes, just not the ones you keep harping on. And it should be noted that the government only charged him because the Supreme Court was about to take up his case and, I think, rule that they had seriously violated his constitutional rights. That would have been devastating to Bush and his unitary executive concept, so they promptly charged him and made him a criminal defendant.

Let me get this straight: you think the Constitution does not apply to some US citizens, right?

And for you to say this is about treating terrorism as a law and order issue versus a national security issue is just one more silly sidestep of the constitutional issue by you. Does national security implications mean US citizens arent US citizens?

Edited by skins

no, again, when i say "people like padilla" i mean terrorists who train in afghanistan and plot to commit mass murder against civilians.

And you determined this without a trial and a presentation of evidence? How omniscient of you ...

no, again, when i say "people like padilla" i mean terrorists who train in afghanistan and plot to commit mass murder against civilians.

You are a true and proud follower and employee of first Asscroft and now Alberto "Torture King" Gonzalez.

We should expect no better from you.

You are a true and proud follower and employee of first Asscroft and now Alberto "Torture King" Gonzalez.

We should expect no better from you.

I do not believe you are privy to half of the information that is involved in this case.

Someday perhaps all will be revealed.

Liberals are soft on terrorists. That is why you will lose the 08 election. You simply cant be trusted with our national security. You simply cant. This mofo should have been shot in the head and you are screaming about his constitutional rights? Give me a break..

Amen x 2. With all of the shortcomings of this administration, the libs will still not win in 08. W has tried to make it easy for them. They are just not capable of presenting a case on how they will protect this country. What's even worse, they may gain control of Congress next month and have two years to prove my point. They will spend two years beating up Bush, trying to reapeal the most successful tax cut in history, and generally spend their time on matters that are unimportant. You know... like making sure gays are allowed to marry. Gotta keep the Lib base happy.

Edited by Zeke 1982

I do not believe you are privy to half of the information that is involved in this case.

Someday perhaps all will be revealed.

That is exactly what trials are for. However, the accused is not supposed to have to wait in prison forever for "someday" ...

That is exactly what trials are for. However, the accused is not supposed to have to wait in prison forever for "someday" ...

That "someday" is when a Liberal wins the white House and then pardons the terrorist. Maybe then you can be happy. He will have his rights. He will also have the right to blow up our children. but that is the most important thing here isn't it? The rights of this terrorist?

That "someday" is when a Liberal wins the white House and then pardons the terrorist. Maybe then you can be happy. He will have his rights. He will also have the right to blow up our children. but that is the most important thing here isn't it? The rights of this terrorist?

You make no sense. We are only talking about having a relatively timely trial and a presentation of evdience as a precondition to locking someone up and throwing away the key ...

You really oppose that? You would let government officials imprison US citizens without any requirement that evidence be produced and a trial occur?

Zeke? Spain? H8? Please confirm this is what you want.

Edited by Beaumont

You make no sense. We are only talking about having a relatively timely trial and a presentation of evdience as a precondition to locking someone up and throwing away the key ...

You really oppose that? You would let government officials imprison US citizens without any requirement that evidence be produced and a trial occur?

Ok... I will bite. I could care less about the rights of terrorists. When it come to safety, I do not care about rights. I mean that. It is my opinion if you are an enemy of the US, you do not get to use our rights. You lose all rights. Oh well.

I want enemy combatants summarily executed and their bodies incinerated so liberals like you wont have to worry that some assholio that planned to murder Americans on a grand scale was afforded his constitutional rights.

Did you guys read in the first link how he was 'tortured'? He didn't have a bunkmate, a nice soft pillow and cushy mattress or a TV with Xbox. And sometimes the loud noise of the guards doing their job would wake him up. Other times the only human contact he had was the guard bringing him 3 free meals a day. Boo f'n hoo. Cry me an f'n river. Justice takes time.