[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty disturbing story

skins

Everyone knows that Americans give up their constitutional rights the moment they are suspected of crime/violence/aggression. These decisions about who should be stripped of their rights should lie solely with the president because he is consistently supplied good intelligence and he would never abuse his power. No American president has ever abused power in office or ever broken the law. This is what makes America great.

All Americans are equal but some Americans are more equal than others.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally you mosey on over. Why are you hiding while yer right wing buddies eviscerate the Constitution?

:D I have denouced my republican roots.

I feel bad because I helped put these corrupt morons in power.

I feel sad because the republican party has become the RINO party.

I'm angry at both republicans and democrats in power that have chipped away at our rights at an increasing pace with so very little appropriate and loud protest. Mortgaging the future of my kids is terrible, but the erosion of our civil liberties over the last 5 years is absolutely inexcusable. Search and seizure, eminent domain, habeas corpus, abusive law enforcement, the disarming of people (not marauding bandits mind you, people defending their homes - NO after Katrina), lots of American citizens running around clamouring for safety (at seemingly any cost) from the big, bad, scawry teworists. Seriously, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian???

Sweet Fancy Moses people, wake the hell up. This is a big deal.

People like skins actually deserve a lot of credit for making a stink about this stuff. Sure, he can be overbearing, arrogant and obnoxious, but everybody has their faults. Actually, there are a number of people here with those same faults. :D Where I think skins and others are wrong is that entrenched democrats are willing or even capable of changing things. We've been down that road and as one of my favorite columnists Dave Barry says, democrats can't govern lettuce.

Unfortunately, that leaves us at an all-important crossroad. IMO, the only thing that will turn this country around is a large scale booting of the existing power structure. Mostly, this means the republicans that have run the show in Washington for the last several years. It also means booting the Hillary Clintons, Ted Kennedy's, Barbara Boxers, Charles Schumers, Dianne Feinsteins, Joe Bidens, etc. of the world. These people, along with their republican counterparts are so entrenched in their respective powerful committies, to believe that they can be instruments of meaningful change is just plain silly. It's high time to clean house and install people with courage, moral fiber and new ideas - preferrably people that have no desire to be career politicians.

:sigh:

:bash: I have denouced my republican roots.

I'm angry at both republicans and democrats in power that have chipped away at our rights at an increasing pace with so very little appropriate and loud protest. Mortgaging the future of my kids is terrible, but the erosion of our civil liberties over the last 5 years is absolutely inexcusable. Search and seizure, eminent domain, habeas corpus, abusive law enforcement, the disarming of people (not marauding bandits mind you, people defending their homes - NO after Katrina), lots of American citizens running around clamouring for safety (at seemingly any cost) from the big, bad, scawry teworists. Seriously, Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian???

People like skins actually deserve a lot of credit for making a stink about this stuff. Sure, he can be overbearing, arrogant and obnoxious, but everybody has their faults. Actually, there are a number of people here with those same faults. :D Where I think skins and others are wrong is that entrenched democrats are willing or even capable of changing things. We've been down that road and as one of my favorite columnists Dave Barry says, democrats can't govern lettuce.

Unfortunately, that leaves us at an all-important crossroad. IMO, the only thing that will turn this country around is a large scale booting of the existing power structure. Mostly, this means the republicans that have run the show in Washington for the last several years. It also means booting the Hillary Clintons, Ted Kennedy's, Barbara Boxers, Charles Schumers, Dianne Feinsteins, Joe Bidens, etc. of the world. These people, along with their republican counterparts are so entrenched in their respective powerful committies, to believe that they can be instruments of meaningful change is just plain silly. It's high time to clean house and install people with courage, moral fiber and new ideas - preferrably people that have no desire to be career politicians.

:clap:

Preach it brother, preach it.....or you sure you aren't a Southern Baptist? :D

:bash: You are missed around these parts.

Welcome back, Club. :D

:D

Been trying to sell 6 of the 8 houses to my north to buying DSL so I can visit more often. Just got a few minutes before we head to the Grayson County Fair.

So in all my time gone, only Jimmy has seen the light?

:D

Been trying to sell 6 of the 8 houses to my north to buying DSL so I can visit more often. Just got a few minutes before we head to the Grayson County Fair.

So in all my time gone, only Jimmy has seen the light?

Well, most of the numbnut flag waving trolls just stopped posting or defending something they didn't believe in anymore, but a couple gems named Zeke and Dmarc have presented some very valid points supporting the direction of the current Republican party. It's amazing how much they can say; in one incomplete sentence with improper punctuation :D

This man speaks Truth.

It would be nice, if somone ala Perot could roll in and make fun of the power strucutre to the point he did in '92, with the whole "crazy aunt in the basement' schtick and things like that - just to get people to open their eyes.

Edited by Pope Flick

:bash:

Well put, Jimmy.

I am not a Democrat, so chucking out that list of national Dems you wrote is fine by me, cuddles. How could you think me overbearing when all I want is a hug? :D

And as I have often repeated here, one of the things I most hated about Clinton--besides the fact that he was a lying scumbag adulturer--was that he co-opted a lot of those same "police state"/war on drug policies that the GOP has been putting in place for the last half decade. It has just been seriously accelerated since 9/11.

But I am not optimistic about any third parties until we have public financing. I view that as a throwaway protest vote given the current duopoly control. doughnuts, the two major parties have written their political control into our very laws.

Sadly, Jimmy, you really offered no realistic solution at the end of your thoughtful post. So here is mine and it is only a start: The GOP has been running the show alone for almost six years and they need to go. Period. They are corrupt, incompetent, and screwing this country up quickly. Crap, they lost $9 billion to government contractors in Iraq in nine months and didnt even have a single Congressional hearing to figure out how? :D

I am ready to give anyone serious who cares about governing competently a shot to get the Republicans out at this point, Democrat or independent.

Edited by skins

The way I see it, for the immediate future, the only way that we can have a decent (and decent is a very relative term here) government is to make sure that neither party controls all three of the House, Senate, and White House.

Edited by wiegie

But I am not optimistic about any third parties until we have public financing. I view that as a throwaway protest vote given the current duopoly control.

The way I see it, for the immediate future, the only way that we can have a decent (and decent is a very relative term here) government is to make sure that neither party controls both the House, Senate, and White House.

Good info here.