[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Avernus is giving free fantasy advice for week 7

Avernus

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to start 2 out of these 3, who are the best plays this week? Thanks.

Dillon @BUF (Splitting time with Maroney, but hard to bench)

Morris vs MIN (Lots of touchs / Potential shootout?/Minn run D is very good)

Jennings @MIA (Almost Stud status?)

1 pt for rec's, 2 pts for every 20 yards rush or receiving, 6 pt TD's.

Just added a thread about this, but copied/pasted here -

Im sitting McGahee and CJ this week because

a )They havent really produced this year

b ) Im playing a somewhat weaker team this week.

So in their place, I am starting Lee Evans and Reggie Williams. We only have to start 1 RB, and have a flex position. Its a PPR league. If Im not mistaken, all but maybe one week the players I am starting have outscored both CJ and WM.

The RB I will be starting is Chester Taylor. He at least gets receptions and yardage from that.

Standard Scoring, PPR

Note - I know some might say that CJ is bound to go off eventually, but instead of waiting for that and getting like 10 points, I figure these guys are playing at a higher level now.

Thanks

Avernus, I have alot of coin flip scenarios, so here we go: Standard performance (roster below).

Pick 1

Bledsoe vs Giants

Leinhart at Oakland

Pick 1 to go with LJ

McGahee vs Patriots

C. Taylor at Seattle

Pick 3

Lee Evans vs Patriots

Gates at KC

G. Jennings at Miami

B. Edwards vs Denver

(I am leaning toward benching Edwards with him probably drawing Champ this week)

Thanks in advance.

I need to start 2 out of these 3, who are the best plays this week? Thanks.

Dillon @BUF (Splitting time with Maroney, but hard to bench)

Morris vs MIN (Lots of touchs / Potential shootout?/Minn run D is very good)

Jennings @MIA (Almost Stud status?)

1 pt for rec's, 2 pts for every 20 yards rush or receiving, 6 pt TD's.

I'd run Dillon and Jennings...Jennings is the definite play and Dillon will at least be fresh off the bye....

Just added a thread about this, but copied/pasted here -

Im sitting McGahee and CJ this week because

a )They havent really produced this year

b ) Im playing a somewhat weaker team this week.

So in their place, I am starting Lee Evans and Reggie Williams. We only have to start 1 RB, and have a flex position. Its a PPR league. If Im not mistaken, all but maybe one week the players I am starting have outscored both CJ and WM.

The RB I will be starting is Chester Taylor. He at least gets receptions and yardage from that.

Standard Scoring, PPR

Note - I know some might say that CJ is bound to go off eventually, but instead of waiting for that and getting like 10 points, I figure these guys are playing at a higher level now.

Thanks

I'd start Reggie Williams this week, but Lee Evans isn't worth benching either CJ or McGahee for....and CTaylor is a must start every week IMO....so you're good there..

I've been offered

Gore/D. Jax and Donte for Alexander/Jones-Drew and Colston. I'm not a big fan of WR over RB so I'm leaning towards no. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

--------------------

10 team non-keeper Qb-2Rb-3Wr-1Flex-1kicker-1D/ST

1 for 25 pass/1 for 10 rush-rec./6 for td/-3 for int.

Vick

Alexander/Parker/C.Taylor/Droughns/De.Williams/Jones-Drew/Morris

Fitzgerald/Evans/Colston/Jennings/Welker/Bry. Johnson

Kasay

Ravens

2003-2005 champion

Avernus, I have alot of coin flip scenarios, so here we go: Standard performance (roster below).

Pick 1

Bledsoe vs Giants

Leinhart at Oakland

Pick 1 to go with LJ

McGahee vs Patriots

C. Taylor at Seattle

Pick 3

Lee Evans vs Patriots

Gates at KC

G. Jennings at Miami

B. Edwards vs Denver

(I am leaning toward benching Edwards with him probably drawing Champ this week)

Thanks in advance.

wow....I'd love to start Leinart over Bledsoe this week but honestly, on MNF...how can you bench the QB who has Glenn and TO on MNF against a defense that is succeptable to shootouts...

when in doubt, I always start the primetime player...

also start CTaylor...I have him over McGahee regardless if it's PPR or not..

also...bench Evans....Gates is a stud, jennings will be in a shootout and Edwards is coming off a bye with a QB that is willing to sling it...

good luck this week..

Who do you think I should start this week?

QB (Pick 1)

Farve at Miami

Kitna at Jets

Leinart at Raiders

RB (Pick 2)

LJ vs Chargers

Addai vs Skins

Rhodes vs Skins

R. Brown vs Packers

K. Jones at Jets

I'm thinking of sittin LJ and playing KJ and Brown am I nuts?

WR #3(Pick 1)

D. Driver at Miami

C. Chambers vs Packers

K (Pick 1)

Rackers at Raiders

R. Longwell at Seahawks

Def/ST (Pick1)

Falcons vs Steelers

Chargers at Chiefs

Thanks alot for the advice.

I've been offered

Gore/D. Jax and Donte for Alexander/Jones-Drew and Colston. I'm not a big fan of WR over RB so I'm leaning towards no. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

--------------------

10 team non-keeper Qb-2Rb-3Wr-1Flex-1kicker-1D/ST

1 for 25 pass/1 for 10 rush-rec./6 for td/-3 for int.

Vick

Alexander/Parker/C.Taylor/Droughns/De.Williams/Jones-Drew/Morris

Fitzgerald/Evans/Colston/Jennings/Welker/Bry. Johnson

Kasay

Ravens

2003-2005 champion

I wouldn't do that....he's trying to capitalize on Alexander being injured because of his easy upcoming schedule...and Stallworth has a chronic hamstring problem, so you might want to avoid that...

Who do you think I should start this week?

QB (Pick 1)

Farve at Miami

Kitna at Jets

Leinart at Raiders

RB (Pick 2)

LJ vs Chargers

Addai vs Skins

Rhodes vs Skins

R. Brown vs Packers

K. Jones at Jets

I'm thinking of sittin LJ and playing KJ and Brown am I nuts?

WR #3(Pick 1)

D. Driver at Miami

C. Chambers vs Packers

K (Pick 1)

Rackers at Raiders

R. Longwell at Seahawks

Def/ST (Pick1)

Falcons vs Steelers

Chargers at Chiefs

Thanks alot for the advice.

I'd like to start Leinart over Favre...but he plays the Dolphins....nuff said...

QB - Favre

now for RB, I'd also like to start KJ and Brown...both have great matchups, but you have LJ...

so it's LJ and KJ because that game is less likely to be a shootout....and even if it was, KJ will get you points for rec. yds..

WR - Driver

D/ST - I have to say Chargers....they are the better fantasy defense between the two IMO and the Chiefs have a weaker offense....even though I dislike starting them over the Falcons at home while SD is on the road...but I see a tighter game here....and maybe Huard turns the ball over for a TD...

good luck..

I just picked up C. Perry (dropped Buckhalter for him) and now feel set for the strech run at RB with Westy, Gore, Taylor, and Perry.

I have been hanging onto Westy but the 3 catches for 3 yds. thing has me skittish. Is it time to trade Westy (you've been pimpin' him since the preseason) or would you continue to hang onto him and hope for a rebound. Even last week, he was alright for me as I'm in a PPR.

If trading Westy, what do you think would be a fair target? I am in need of a QB but have not been impressed with anyone this year and Rivers seems just about as good as Brady or Palmer or Hass. Roster is in my sig if needed.

Thanks.

I just picked up C. Perry (dropped Buckhalter for him) and now feel set for the strech run at RB with Westy, Gore, Taylor, and Perry.

I have been hanging onto Westy but the 3 catches for 3 yds. thing has me skittish. Is it time to trade Westy (you've been pimpin' him since the preseason) or would you continue to hang onto him and hope for a rebound. Even last week, he was alright for me as I'm in a PPR.

If trading Westy, what do you think would be a fair target? I am in need of a QB but have not been impressed with anyone this year and Rivers seems just about as good as Brady or Palmer or Hass. Roster is in my sig if needed.

Thanks.

ahah...correction...I've told Huddlers to trade Westy weeks ago...

but umm...see what you can get for him....try to get Maroney, TBell or KJ and a WR for him....a WR like Jennings in exchange for Westy and Bruce or something....

basically target a name player that you can buy low on and a no-name player that is doing well....

I agree with your assessment on Rivers.....I also am pretty much riding him out the season as well...

good luck

WDIS at RB (pick 2):

McGahee vs NE

Cadillac vs PHI

Maroney @ BUF

Jones-Drew @ HOU

D. Rhodes vs WAS

Thanks in advance!

wow...I hate starting 2 RB's from the same game as it's actually rare that RB's from both teams that face eachother have great games....

so I think I'd go Maroney and Caddy :ouch:...

I'd love to say McGahee and Maroney....but that's really putting all your eggs in one basket....in one game at that....usually one team dominates the ground and the other team plays catchup...

good luck..

I have an offer on the table to make the following trade: Me: Alexander/Morris/Bruce in return I would get McGahee/Reggie Brown and Herron

I am currently in second in my league - format is as follows : QB, 2RB, 3WR/or TE, D, K

My roster looks like this:

McNabb/McNair

Alexander/Gore/Morris/A Green/Droughns

R. Moss/ R. Williams/Galloway/Bruce/Colston/LJ Smith

Balt/Mia D

NO/Sea K

What do you think? I might be able to swap in Reggie Williams for Herron (which I woul perfer), but I like the McNabb/Brown combo. Should I cut bait with the Madden cursed Alexander???

------

Then if I didn't pull the trigger, who would I start this week?

2RB (Green, Morris, Droughns) ??

Thanks for the help!!!!

Avernus -

I have Heath Miller at TE and he's getting on my nerves. On the WW, the pickings are slim but Dallas Clark (home V Redskins this week) and Alex Smith (home to Philly) seem like half decent options. Should I drop Miller to pick one of those up? Don't much like Miller's chances in Atlanta this week. Thanks

I have an offer on the table to make the following trade: Me: Alexander/Morris/Bruce in return I would get McGahee/Reggie Brown and Herron

I am currently in second in my league - format is as follows : QB, 2RB, 3WR/or TE, D, K

My roster looks like this:

McNabb/McNair

Alexander/Gore/Morris/A Green/Droughns

R. Moss/ R. Williams/Galloway/Bruce/Colston/LJ Smith

Balt/Mia D

NO/Sea K

What do you think? I might be able to swap in Reggie Williams for Herron (which I woul perfer), but I like the McNabb/Brown combo. Should I cut bait with the Madden cursed Alexander???

------

Then if I didn't pull the trigger, who would I start this week?

2RB (Green, Morris, Droughns) ??

Thanks for the help!!!!

doing the trade depends on who you play and if you can wait the extra 2 weeks for Alexander to return......if you are in that position...then don't make the trade....

if you need a win now, then pull the trigger...

if you don't make the trade, start A Green and Droughns...I still like a RBBC Green over Morris right now...