[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Series Cardinals/Tigers

Primetime9287

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking it could be 3 straight sweeps for the AL but im gonna say Tigers 4-1. I dont really care either way. All I know is Im loving the fact that neither NY team is anywhere to be found!

Agreed on both points, although I'm really pulling for an upset.

Low TV ratings!

Michigan has a population of about 10 milliion and the Cards, while falling short of Yankee-level, have a decent-sized national following.

The ratings may not be blockbuster but should be solid.

The games, however, should be pretty strongly tilted in favor of the Tigers. I can't believe the Cards are in the Series - they stumbled through the season and barely won a weak division.

Tigers in 5. Combine the Cards & Mets Rosters and you still don't have the pitching that Detroit does.

If this series goes 7 games game 7's ratings will be lower then the sunday night football game. This world series can be one of the lowest rated world series ever. The only hope is that people watch for Detroit's underdog story to come true.

Edited by Timmypg

I'm just in shock that this thread even exists. The Tigers go from one of the worse teams in baseball to backing into the playoffs. Then they are expected to get swept by the Yankees. They don't and now they are the prohibitive favorite to win it all. :D

Oh and Tigers win it in 6 with Carlos Guillen getting MVP :D

If this series goes 7 games game 7's ratings will be lower then the sunday night football game. This world series can be one of the lowest rated world series ever. The only hope is that people watch for Detroit's underdog story to come true.

Want to bet? Dallas vs Carolina to beat any game 7 world series game? I don't think so.