[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

South African Watering hole 24/7

rajncajn

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of a place we stayed while on Safari. It was a very cool experience that I enjoyed for the entire night; seeing a Black Rhino, several elephants, lions, Cape Buffalo, hyenas etc... the animals awould come in to enjoy the natural salt lick and water hole. For those that slept that night they would buzz your room whenever an unusual animal would come in, if you needed the sleep you could turn the buzzer off.

It was the Ark Hotel described below:

Opened in November 1969 The Ark overlooks the Yasabara waterhole, perhaps the largest salt-lick in the Aberdare Mountains and the haunt of a variety of forest game unequalled in Africa. This tree-lodge is uniquely shaped to resemble the actual Ark, designed with decks from which numerous balconies and lounges provide superb vantage points for viewing the animals visiting the salt-lick and waterhole. A ground-level bunker provides excellent photographic opportunities, and the Yasabara waterhole is floodlit by night to enable all-night viewing of game. A 'Resident Hunter' is always on hand to elucidate on the wildlife and landscape.

Access to vehicles is limited to conserve and protect the environment which hosts wildlife such as elephant, rhino, buffalo, bush bucks, giant forest hogs, Sykes monkey, leopard, and bongo. After lunch at The Aberdare Country Club guests take a 45-minute game drive within the National Park arriving at The Ark in time for afternoon tea.

Looks like it was bought by Fairmount:

Link

Not a creature stirring,not even a mouse. Well maybe some bugs. Since last night all I saw were some deer and a duck.

why is it dark... its almost 3 here :D

They are on the other side of the world. Supposedly anyway. I think it's somebody's backyard.

Edited by NSab