[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan / OSU

chiefjay

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan has made for a nice story this season and they've played good ball coming off a 7-5 year.

Smith is a BEAST and will single handedly tear apart this _ichigan D.

I think Vegas is being kind with a 7 point spread, considering OSU is by far the better team on both sides of the ball and their at home, it should be more like 11.5

Michigan has made for a nice story this season and they've played good ball coming off a 7-5 year.

Smith is a BEAST and will single handedly tear apart this _ichigan D.

I think Vegas is being kind with a 7 point spread, considering OSU is by far the better team on both sides of the ball and their at home, it should be more like 11.5

We can only hope to stay within 21 or so.

It's strength vs strength - OSU's superior offense vs UM's nails-tough defense. I think OSU wins that matchup by a smidge.

But I think UM's offense can exploit OSU's good-not-great defense as well.

Has all the makings of a classic. Unfortunately for UM, Tressell seems to have Carr's number, making me lean towards OSU - remember all those years Coop would show up to The Game with a 10-0, 9-1 team in the title hunt, LOADED with NFL prospects, and get smacked down? That's what Tressell does to Carr on a yearly basis.

Ohio State favored by 7. Build it up all you want this week, but Vegas is letting us know Buckeyes should win fairly easy.

I think you need a tutorial on how the point spread ACTUALLY works. :D

I can't see this game being any diffrent than last year in speaking(a classic) Last year's defense was a cold killer where this defense for OSU goes for the turnovers and hopes to stay with wr's just long enough to get pressure on the qb's more bend don't break look for the turnover. Michigan's defense is this years cold killer. Michigan needs to contain the ends and force Troy to either step up and then delay blitz some. I would think they will test the left tackle since Alex Boone most likely will not be ava. to play or will he???? Boone seems to be the best kept secret since who really shot Kennedy. You have to look at what's at stake and I think and I say this tongue in cheek Lloyd Carr will drop the gloves and go all out. Tress has already proven to take alot more chances in bigger games(until he gets a 21 point lead or something). I honestly believe Tress learned a lesson against Texas in 2005. Your lead is never safe against great teams with great players. Illinois was a wakeup call again, Tress played Tress ball with what he felt was a much lesser team and it almost cost him big that won't happen again this season. It will be a classic and I can say I feel it's up for grabs. I just think it will be close.

It's strength vs strength - OSU's superior offense vs UM's nails-tough defense. I think OSU wins that matchup by a smidge.

But I think UM's offense can exploit OSU's good-not-great defense as well.

Has all the makings of a classic. Unfortunately for UM, Tressell seems to have Carr's number, making me lean towards OSU - remember all those years Coop would show up to The Game with a 10-0, 9-1 team in the title hunt, LOADED with NFL prospects, and get smacked down? That's what Tressell does to Carr on a yearly basis.

Sorry Chaves this game does not have all the makings for a classic. A classic game requires two equally talented teams. Maybe you meant to say this game has all the makings for a possible Michigan upset.

I dont really have a handle on this game. For starters I dont know if Michigan defense has really been tested

to this point. I guess it really depends on what English does on defense. Ohio State has alot of weapons, A

part me would like to see MIchigan man up in the secondary, that is the only way I see Michigan have a chance. For this to work, the dline must get pressure up front, If Smith has time, he will pick MIchigan apart.

On offense Michigan will have to open up the play book, and pass down field, to set up the run. If Henne has time to hit a few deep, Ohio State will have to respect that, and back off up front a bit. The biggest thing going for Ohio State, is home field. The shoe will be rocking. Ive been to a couple games there, and it is unreal how loud it is.

Got me fired up! Rooting for Ohio State since that's where my mom, dad and most my cousins graduated.

Go Buckeyes!

hey, rumor has it that the Ohio State Library burned down today....and it has had a large impact on the Football teams morale, as all 5 books were lost and complicating matters, they still hadn't colored two of them........ :D

Edited by Maize N Blue Backer

hey, rumor has it that the Ohio State Library burned down today....and it has had a large impact on the Football teams morale, as all 5 books were lost and complicating matters, they still hadn't colored two of them........ :D

yo' momma wears army boots :D

at least your post answers the question why ducks fly upside down over _ichigan.

Edited by theeohiostate

Hey now, the Big Ten is a conference consisting of schools which excel both athletically AND academically, leading the way in science, law, the humanities, and engineering.

Oh, and Ohio State is also a member. :D

Sorry Chaves this game does not have all the makings for a classic. A classic game requires two equally talented teams. Maybe you meant to say this game has all the makings for a possible Michigan upset.

Not sure how anyone can make this claim. Michigan is one of the premeire programs in the country, with tons of talent. There might be certain positions where Ohio State has the advantage, but make no mistake, Michigan has plenty of talent.