[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan / OSU

chiefjay

I don't think it matters. I think OSU will now blow out any team they face. Even if they meet MI again-which is highly unlikely, I think they'd blow them out.

Not sure what you see when you watch a football game.. If they do meet, OSQ may indeed beat USC, but to suggest they "will blow them out" is the unlikely part. No way in hell SC is blown out by OSU.

USC has a better D than either team you watched today. Could end up being a nice little NC game afterall.....

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is with the Michigan loss, that should AUTOMATICALLY eliminate those jokers from South Bend.

I sure as heck hope so. Every time I open the sport section of the Chicago Tribune lately, it seems like there is an article about Charlie Weiss politicking for a shot at a national title. All I can say to Weiss is Michigan 47, Notre Dame 21...in South Bend.

What you ND bashers are conveniently forgetting is that IF, and that's a huge IF, ND beats USC next week (who will be #2 in the BCS), they most certainly deserve a shot at OSU and the National Championship. Don't let your biased hatred of a college institution cloud your judgement. The Michigan loss means nothing now. It's always better to lose early in the season, than late.

Now, having said all that, the 2 best teams in the country played yesterday. But Michigan lost, and they don't deserve at shot at the NC. Welcome to the Rose Bowl; now deal with it.

As an ND fan, I hope I'm wrong. OSU would mop up the floor with ND's porous defense. And if USC wins and goes to the NC game, it'll be just as bad, if not worse.

What you ND bashers are conveniently forgetting is that IF, and that's a huge IF, ND beats USC next week (who will be #2 in the BCS), they most certainly deserve a shot at OSU and the National Championship. Don't let your biased hatred of a college institution cloud your judgement. The Michigan loss means nothing now. It's always better to lose early in the season, than late.

Now, having said all that, the 2 best teams in the country played yesterday. But Michigan lost, and they don't deserve at shot at the NC. Welcome to the Rose Bowl; now deal with it.

As an ND fan, I hope I'm wrong. OSU would mop up the floor with ND's porous defense. And if USC wins and goes to the NC game, it'll be just as bad, if not worse.

How can the Michigan loss mean nothing. When comparing Michigan and ND for a shot at the National title. Who's loss looks better? Michigan by a long shot. No way ND goes in front of Michigan after getting waxed by them.

USC has a better D than either team you watched today. Could end up being a nice little NC game afterall.....

Not so fast my friend :D

These two teams have outstanding balance of offense and that lead to the defense playing poorly.

USC will gets it first opportunity of the season to see an offesne that is on the near the same level as Michigan and OSU, in ND. Let's see how well your D looks after that game. :D Michigan held ND to 21 points AT Notre Dame, if USC can do as well AT home, i'll be impressed, otherwise it's just another year of horrible Pac10 D's.

You are letting your heart speak at the expense of your brain.

Congrats to OSU...as much as i hate to say it, they played a great game....

i was shocked that we gave up 2 TD runs of 50+ yards.....as well, that roughing penalty on third down late in the game, which was extremely suspect, resulted in our demise as OSU would have had to attempt a long FG or punt.....they went on to score after that 15 yarder...also, the overthrow to Manningham after jenkins lost his jock killed our momentum.........

as well, that roughing penalty on third down late in the game, which was extremely suspect,

you are also letting your heart speak at the expense of your brain.

helmet-to-helmet, well after the ball had left the QB's hand, and going out of bounds as well...

the flag was well-deserved

Congrats to OSU...as much as i hate to say it, they played a great game....

i was shocked that we gave up 2 TD runs of 50+ yards.....as well, that roughing penalty on third down late in the game, which was extremely suspect, resulted in our demise as OSU would have had to attempt a long FG or punt.....they went on to score after that 15 yarder...also, the overthrow to Manningham after jenkins lost his jock killed our momentum.........

I agree with this as a Michigan fan.The call on Crable was iffy IMO but it was on the QB and that is going to happen and that has been proven on the college and pro levels this season as anything that is even close on a QB is going to draw a flag.I am just sick for the Crable kid though as he played a very good game and his hit on Smith was not malicious at all,he was just flying to the ball and doing his job.I am not going to cry for a rematch because it probably will not happen but the fact that this game was played late in the season sucks for Michigan.I do not see how the voters could possibly drop Michigan below any of the 1 loss teams after this game.

I agree--I don't give a rat's ass when in the season the losses occurred, but if you have a group of teams with only 1-loss each and one of them's only loss was by 3-points to the #1 ranked team in the nation on the road, it seems to me that that would be the least worst loss of them all.

There should be a rematch for the national championship--no other one-loss team deserves it more than Michigan.

I agree--I don't give a rat's ass when in the season the losses occurred, but if you have a group of teams with only 1-loss each and one of them's only loss was by 3-points to the #1 ranked team in the nation on the road, it seems to me that that would be the least worst loss of them all.

There should be a rematch for the national championship--no other one-loss team deserves it more than Michigan.

Michigan had their shot at the so called #1 team and couldn't get it done. I say give another team a chance. That doesn't mean Michigan can't finish 2nd at the end of the year. Unless of course Ohio State were to lose.

That would be great news for my Bucks, as i don't see them giving away another 3 turnovers to allow this one to be close. The point of the personal foul allowing OSU to score is mood, imo. Smith showed all night he could take the Bucks in for a score at will, providing we didn't make the big mistakes.

Rematch?

Why not! I'd love to roll SCum one more time. 4 out of the last 5 has been sweet, but for the NC , it would be the end of Carr.

Sorry Wolverine fans, Michigan does not deserve a rematch in a NC game anymore than say the loser of a NFL conference championship game deserve a shot in the Super Bowl. Even if they the NFC or AFC thought they were the 2nd best team in the NFL.

That would make sense IF the NCAA used a play-off system. But as it stands now, it's just like an NFL team losing its last regular season game. (It would be sort of like saying that if the Colts and Bears met in Week 17 that the loser wouldn't be allowed to play the winner in the SuperBowl because they already had their chance and didn't get it done.)

Edited by wiegie

That would make sense IF the NCAA used a play-off system. But as it stands now, it's just like an NFL team losing its last regular season game. (It would be sort of like saying that if the Colts and Bears met in Week 17 that the loser wouldn't be allowed to play the winner in the SuperBowl because they already had their chance and didn't get it done.)

Yesterday was very much like a NFL playoff game. Just like if Florida were to lose the SEC championship game. They wouldn't get a shot either.

Yesterday was very much like a NFL playoff game. Just like if Florida were to lose the SEC championship game. They wouldn't get a shot either.

Didn't last year's Colt team have a better record than the Steelers?

That's a bad/good thing about a playoff. Potentially the two best teams don't always make it to the Championship game.

Michigan fans want a playoff? You Can't Handle a Playoff.

I'd rather play someone lese other than Michigan. It's not that I'm concerned about a re-match since we have the best coach and the best individual player in the nation, BUT, it is very unfair for the team to have to beat their ARCH RIVALS twice in 50 days. Think about it. It's enough of a blood-bath to beat those guys once. A lot of emotional energy goes into a game like that; and doing it again after 50 days is excessive.

And while USC's one loss is worse than Michigan's, but if they win out, their slate of victims will be much more impressive than Michigan's. To me, the quality of victories matters more than the quality of the loss; since everyone can have the occasional bad day.

OSU

USC

FLA.

Michigan

ARK.

ND

This my top 6 and Michigan most likely better than anyone in that bunch with the exception of OSU.

I think ND is now done they can never make a argument that will allow them to leap frog Michigan.

IMO I think OSU plays USC for all the marbles. Fla is another strong possibility. I have been saying that

I would love a Buckeyes vs. Gators match up. I just don't see a USC loss the rest of the way out. USC thumps ND at USC and beats the Bruins and face OSU in Glendale.