[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Booby Knight Slaps Tech Player

wildcat2334

Unreal, I think Bobby Knight is still kind of funny at times, but his time has come. This is not IU in the 70's anymore- you just can't put your hands on kids, and you shouldn't. can you imagine Coach K, Lute Olsen, Roy Williams putting their hands on a kid, period. Never. He has lost it, he needs to go. He is kind of turning into a caricature of himself, and it is getting sad.

What in the world is Fran Frascilla talking about?? old boy coaching club sticking up for him..... amazing

Bobby Knight

Unreal, I think Bobby Knight is still kind of funny at times, but his time has come. This is not IU in the 70's anymore- you just can't put your hands on kids, and you shouldn't. can you imagine Coach K, Lute Olsen, Roy Williams putting their hands on a kid, period. Never. He has lost it, he needs to go. He is kind of turning into a caricature of himself, and it is getting sad.

What in the world is Fran Frascilla talking about?? old boy coaching club sticking up for him..... amazing

Bobby Knight

Cowherd made a good point this morning - we all made up our mind about Knight a long time ago. Those who like him will continue to make excuses for him, while those who don't will just be affirmed in their dislike for his antics. The man has never been forced to grow up, since his buddies always insulate him from most of the consequences, and so he never will....

I could give a crap about Knight.

But I watched the video and it didn't really seem like a slap. He just pushed his chin up.

Plus, Vitale said that the kid and his parents were okay with it and don't think of it in a deragatory way.

If the kid was hurt or it was done to hurt the player, that's one thing, but this incident does not appear to be like that.

Not really a hard slap for sure. The reality is Fran Fraschilla and othes talk like it is no big deal, and coaches across the country do it.... oh really? show me. I played ball, I certainly would not want to be popped like that in the face by a coach, and the good ones don't do it. After all he has been thru, and now he does this again? one of the biggest a hole's in sports, ever.

Cowherd made a good point this morning - we all made up our mind about Knight a long time ago. Those who like him will continue to make excuses for him, while those who don't will just be affirmed in their dislike for his antics. The man has never been forced to grow up, since his buddies always insulate him from most of the consequences, and so he never will....

I'm no Knight fan but I fail to see how anyone finds any controversy in this incident.

I'm no Knight fan but I fail to see how anyone finds any controversy in this incident.

+1

Player decided to look down at his his shoes as he ws being lectured by Knight and he pushed his chin up. No biggie IMO :D

Oh and I pretty much despise Knight.

Agreed- he is so removed form reality he thinks he is always right. All I know is if I was that kid, or the kid's father, no way in he11 I am playin for him, and I would want to beat the old mess to a pulp.

My son played for a Bobby Knight like coach two years ago. He also runs a fairly successful basketball program at our school. None of our opponents like him and many wonder why he's kept aboard as the head coach. Well the reason he stays is because he's been successful in winning and developing the skills of the players.

not really controversy, just bu11oh poopy. Show me another coach in America who puts his hands on a player like that.

Show me another where it would create such a firestorm.

I'm sure it's happened without comment MANY times but it's an issue here because it's Knight. My HS coach dragged a player who'd cheap-shotted an opponent off the field BY HIS FACEMASK and threw him on the bench.

Show me another where it would create such a firestorm.

I'm sure it's happened without comment MANY times but it's an issue here because it's Knight. My HS coach dragged a player who'd cheap-shotted an opponent off the field BY HIS FACEMASK and threw him on the bench.

Really?? many times- right Chavez, that is flat out ridiculous. The reality is this a hole is going to pass Dean Smith on the all time wins list and he is a pr1ck who raises his hand to his players- end of story- Give me an example of it happening in D1 basketball....I am waiting. Let alone the respected coaches he has passed along the way. Your effing right it causes more of a firestorm-bc he has a pattern maybe?? he choked Neil Reed for chritsts sake. - Bob Knight is a pu$$y. Wojo made a good point on ESPN- the good coaches, the Smiths, K's, Olsens, Woodens can coach without anything remotely close like this ever happening.

I know I am in the minority here, which is cool with me and it was not big blow, but he definitely popped him in the chin - after choking Neil Reed, and countless other sh1t- I cannot stand the MF. I played DII hoops, if my coach popped me like that I would have gone ballistic, untl the pr1ck apologized, which we all know Knight won't do.

Really?? many times- right Chavez, that is flat out ridiculous. The reality is this a hole is going to pass Dean Smith on the all time wins list and he is a pr1ck who raises his hand to his players- end of story- Give me an example of it happening in D1 basketball....I am waiting. Let alone the respected coaches he has passed along the way. Your effing right it causes more of a firestorm-bc he has a pattern maybe?? he choked Neil Reed for chritsts sake. - Bob Knight is a pu$$y. Wojo made a good point on ESPN- the good coaches, the Smiths, K's, Olsens, Woodens can coach without anything remotely close like this ever happening.

I know I am in the minority here, which is cool with me and it was not big blow, but he definitely popped him in the chin - after choking Neil Reed, and countless other sh1t- I cannot stand the MF. I played DII hoops, if my coach popped me like that I would have gone ballistic, untl the pr1ck apologized, which we all know Knight won't do.

Were you abused as a child? Sorry if you were, however I'm not buying into this crap that Knight abused this 6'4" man. I saw the replay. Give me a effing break.

Were you abused as a child? Sorry if you were, however I'm not buying into this crap that Knight abused this 6'4" man. I saw the replay. Give me a effing break.

Agreed.

People are so dammed sensitive about this crap anymore. And we all wonder why kids have no discipline and respect for authority anymore. Cause we are raising a bunch of pansies who grew up with "time out". My parents didn't hesitate to smack me on the bottom once or twice, and I turned out ok.

aight, I will calm down on this, abused, ehh no I wasn't. Knight just pissed me off, and I think he get's a free pass b/c he is Bob Knight. Still don't like it, but moving on.............

No. The only reason that anyone gave this a second thought was because it was Bob Knight.

Flat out wwong. People have been making excuses, and looking the other way for Bob Knight for years. It got attention because he has a pattern of putting his hands on players and kids. Period. Name me another top coach who has EVER done anything like this.

+1

Player decided to look down at his his shoes as he ws being lectured by Knight and he pushed his chin up. No biggie IMO :D

Oh and I pretty much despise Knight.

Who cares if he looked at his shoes? Why is he touching him in the first place? Why is BK so special that he can do that? If I was the kids father I'd would have beat his m'fn ass. Anyways, that's beside the point. He doesn't need to touch anyone. How about this for a solution? If the kid looks at his shoes and he doesn't like or listen, then bench his ass. You don't have to touch him.

Flat out wwong. People have been making excuses, and looking the other way for Bob Knight for years. It got attention because he has a pattern of putting his hands on players and kids. Period. Name me another top coach who has EVER done anything like this.

Name one other coach who put his hands on a kid's face to get him to pay attention? I never noticed because I wasn't looking for it because it's so not a big deal. :D

I believe you are the one who is flat out wwong.