[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Booby Knight Slaps Tech Player

wildcat2334

Flat out wwong. People have been making excuses, and looking the other way for Bob Knight for years. It got attention because he has a pattern of putting his hands on players and kids. Period. Name me another top coach who has EVER done anything like this.

Al Maguire used to get in FISTFIGHTS with his players at Marquette.

I agree with you that stuff like that isn't necessary but on a scale of 1-10 of "violence" the chin slap was a 1 if it even registered.

The problem with Bob Knight is his combative and temperamental nature WAY overshadows the good things he does - his players GRADUATE, for one. I think if your kid goes to play for Bob Knight, you understand that this stuff is part and parcel of the whole deal.

Geez...the way some of you are reacting...correction...OVER-reacting, you'd think Knight was out on the court slapping 12 year olds around. These are grown men he's coaching, not kids. They can take care of themselves.

Bobby Knight would never accept some of your mama's boys on his team. :D

Name one other coach who put his hands on a kid's face to get him to pay attention? I never noticed because I wasn't looking for it because it's so not a big deal. :D

I believe you are the one who is flat out wwong.

uh, ok, whatever. Could care less about the 1-10 scale of the slap or pop. Different times, this isn't Al McGuire, you don't pop kids on the chin to get their attention, end of story. Not a matter of how hard he hit him-

+1 on Billay- it is a shame this jackass is going to pass a class act like Dean Smith.