[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Projections for BCS Bowls

Rockerbraves

I'll take a stab at it. What do you think?

Fiesta Bowl

Oklahoma - 5 1/2 vs. Boise State - Think the Sooners avoid a potentially embarrassing bowl loss and win this one fairly easy putting Boise State's 12-0 record back into perspective. Take the Sooners and give the points.

Orange Bowl

Louisville -6 vs. Wake Forest - Haven't seen much of Wake Forest but figure if they get by Georgia Tech they carry that momentum to the Orange while the Cardinals might be less than enthusiastic about playing a lower profile team. Take Wake Forest and the points.

Sugar Bowl

Florida -5 1/2 vs. Notre Dame - SEC Champs vs. Notre Dame. See Florida coming into the game a little down after being past over for the BCS National Championship Game. Gators may squeak one out (does Florida win any other way) but give me the Irish plus the points.

Rose Bowl

Michigan -2 vs. LSU - Historic matchup considering these two football programs have never met. Throw in the storyline that LSU coach is a past Michigan All-American, BCS #3 vs. BCS #5 and Big 10 vs. SEC should make for a great game. Make Michigan the slight favorite based on a slight home field advantage, but don't discount LSU playing in their 1st Rose Bowl. Not surprising take the Tigers and the points in Pasadena.

BCS National Championship Game

Ohio State -4 1/2 vs. USC - Since week one Ohio State has been ranked #1 for all the right reasons. They just don't win they dominate their opponents with the exception of Michigan and a hiccup here and there. Michigan game was a rivalry so give the Wolverines their due for keeping the game close, however I can't see the Trojans covering much less winning this one. So take the Buckeyes and lay the points.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... IF Rutgers beats WVU in Morgantown they win their 1st Big East Championship AND go to their 1st BCS Bowl

As you can tell I'm not expected Rutgers to beat West Virginia. If they do beat the Mountaineers we both know the Scarlet Knights will be right back in the national spotlight. Would think most football fans would enjoy seeing them pull off the upset Saturday and give the Orange Bowl a much needed spark. Some bowl experts are even predicting a Sugar Bowl matchup vs. the winner of the SEC championship game.

No way LSU stays within a FG of Michigan. Overall, I think you did well with these projections.

I'll respect your opinion since mine is a little bias. Have to be honest with you Sarge almost penciled in Nebraska instead of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. For the Sooner fans & my projection sake hope your team can take care of business this Saturday. Nebraska offense is abit more diverse than what you guys might be use to.

I wouldn't put Florida in the Sugar Bowl over Arkansas just yet. The Hogs could end up there just as easily.

You're right about the Hogs. Based my pick on a trend that has held true for 10 weeks now. Teams LSU played the week before have yet to beat the spread the following week and since the Hogs are the underdogs that can't win the game without convering. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Assuming FL plays ND, I see FL covering. After USC all we heard about was ND's lack of speed. I watched FL play State this weekend and they've got speed all over the place. Especially if that kid who got carted off is OK (which I think he is).

I also think LSU beat Mich if they play. I don't think either team will feel slighted (the popular excuse for teams in games like this) LSU for the obvious reason that they have two loses and Michigan because (unlike their apologists) they're probably man enough to realize they had their shot already. It should be an outstanding game but I think LSU is more battle tested so I give them the nod.

I'd say USC over OSU in another coin flip. Possibly for no other reason than betting against USC in big bowl games over the last four years would make you 1-3 (and a big loser in those 3). Don't like those odds. If OSU had played more good teams and still looked as good as they did, I might have more to go on but they only played 2 good teams.

I do expect Wake to win the ACC and am amazed with this team. They're the 3rd smallest school in D 1-A, they lost their starting QB and a bunch of RBs this year and just keep rolling. I have no idea how they do it. If not for a bizarre melt-down late against Clemson, they'd be 11-1. That said, if they play Louisville, I don't think they can keep up.

If it's OK vs Boise St. I suppose you have to go with OK, but you know I'd love to see the Broncos cause Sgt. Ryan's head to explode.

Assuming FL plays ND, I see FL covering. After USC all we heard about was ND's lack of speed. I watched FL play State this weekend and they've got speed all over the place. Especially if that kid who got carted off is OK (which I think he is).

I also think LSU beat Mich if they play. I don't think either team will feel slighted (the popular excuse for teams in games like this) LSU for the obvious reason that they have two loses and Michigan because (unlike their apologists) they're probably man enough to realize they had their shot already. It should be an outstanding game but I think LSU is more battle tested so I give them the nod.

I'd say USC over OSU in another coin flip. Possibly for no other reason than betting against USC in big bowl games over the last four years would make you 1-3 (and a big loser in those 3). Don't like those odds. If OSU had played more good teams and still looked as good as they did, I might have more to go on but they only played 2 good teams.

I do expect Wake to win the ACC and am amazed with this team. They're the 3rd smallest school in D 1-A, they lost their starting QB and a bunch of RBs this year and just keep rolling. I have no idea how they do it. If not for a bizarre melt-down late against Clemson, they'd be 11-1. That said, if they play Louisville, I don't think they can keep up.

If it's OK vs Boise St. I suppose you have to go with OK, but you know I'd love to see the Broncos cause Sgt. Ryan's head to explode.

Like to see some of these bowl games workout just to see how bad my handicapping is. To be honest I know very little about Wake so that spread might be abit off same thing with Boise State. As far as the Sugar goes as much as we knock ND they do have a pretty good QB & offense that should put some points on the board.

LSU has Les Miles coaching them. He will be outcoached, and the Tigers will be outclassed. This is the one game I could see get very very ugly, like maybe 30-9 Michigan.

I dont see SC having any chance at all, in fact this game too could get lopsided in a hurry. I predict a 35-20 OSU win.

Boise St should not be in the BCS, that is a complete joke. Had they played anyone, they wouldnt even be in this discussion. Id much rather see a 1 loss Wisconsin team or a 3 loss SEC team get the nod over Boise St.

I'll respect your opinion since mine is a little bias. Have to be honest with you Sarge almost penciled in Nebraska instead of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. For the Sooner fans & my projection sake hope your team can take care of business this Saturday. Nebraska offense is abit more diverse than what you guys might be use to.

No doubt, OU cant take anyone lightly right now. Nebraska has payback on their mind for the last time OU played them and ran up the score to get into the NC game.

LSU has Les Miles coaching them. He will be outcoached, and the Tigers will be outclassed. This is the one game I could see get very very ugly, like maybe 30-9 Michigan.

I dont see SC having any chance at all, in fact this game too could get lopsided in a hurry. I predict a 35-20 OSU win.

Boise St should not be in the BCS, that is a complete joke. Had they played anyone, they wouldnt even be in this discussion. Id much rather see a 1 loss Wisconsin team or a 3 loss SEC team get the nod over Boise St.

Many around here think you are right about Miles and believe the Tigers just continue to win because of Nick Sabin's talent. FYI: Not sure how far Vegas is from the Fiesta Bowl but you might want to consider taking a side trip there and getting your trip paid for by placing a few coins on those lopsided games.

Boise St has more claim to the BCS than ND does. Last time they went into the bowl games undefeated was in 04 they lost a great game to Louisville (a team that has certainly arrived on the national stage). The last time an undefeated from a smaller conference got into the BCS was that same year when Utah showed they belonged.

People dog Les Miles and blame him for the fact that perhaps the most talented team in the SEC has two losses. Then again, the fact that they played FL, Auburn, Tenn, and Ark all on the road may have something to do with that. LSU has not been "outclassed" yet this year and I don't see it happening against Mich.

Wow, this guy never stops in his hatin'....

Dude, just because I see no way in hell Sc competes in this game, means Im hatin. You asked me last yr and I thought SC would beat Texas. Problem was Vince Young was a man among boys in that game, and proved to be the difference.

People dog Les Miles and blame him for the fact that perhaps the most talented team in the SEC has two losses. Then again, the fact that they played FL, Auburn, Tenn, and Ark all on the road may have something to do with that. LSU has not been "outclassed" yet this year and I don't see it happening against Mich.

LSU fans need to get over Sabin. Yes he was the coach that brought LSU back from the dead, but Les is the one who steered LSU to a top 5 ranking with a total dominating 40-3 win over the Hurricanes ironically the same year Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana. He's earned my respect not only as a coach but as a decent human being. Not that Nick wasn't a human being, but it was always obvious football came first to him, while you can often catch Miles at his son's little league baseball games in the spring and summer.

Dude, just because I see no way in hell Sc competes in this game, means Im hatin. You asked me last yr and I thought SC would beat Texas. Problem was Vince Young was a man among boys in that game, and proved to be the difference.

Our D sucked last year compared to this year - not even VY would score like that on us again this year. Tho younger, we're much faster and stronger at almost every spot (our safeties were maybe better last year, but that's it).

This is why I think we still have a decent shot, even vs. the Heisman-led Bucks.....

Edited by Coffeeman

While I might subscribe to the theory that Ohio State hasn't seen the type of team speed USC has brought to the table this year, the same is true for USC. There isn't one team on USC's schedule with the type of team speed, and more importantly, depth that Ohio State has. There offense is all based on a pick your poison mentality, and one thing that I've seen this year, is that Ginn has become more of a complete receiver. He's no longer just a speed guy, he can get those tough 9 yard catches on 3rd and 9 too.

As you can tell I'm not expected Rutgers to beat West Virginia. If they do beat the Mountaineers we both know the Scarlet Knights will be right back in the national spotlight. Would think most football fans would enjoy seeing them pull off the upset Saturday and give the Orange Bowl a much needed spark. Some bowl experts are even predicting a Sugar Bowl matchup vs. the winner of the SEC championship game.

Most have Rutgers projected to lose... not too much talk of them making a BCS bowl. Both teams have a lot on the line (loser is 3rd in the BE, WVU can drop from the Gator to Texas Bowl and RU from BCS to Texas Bowl)

We still believe here in NJ... Go Knights!

Boise St has more claim to the BCS than ND does. Last time they went into the bowl games undefeated was in 04 they lost a great game to Louisville (a team that has certainly arrived on the national stage). The last time an undefeated from a smaller conference got into the BCS was that same year when Utah showed they belonged.

+1 - BSU is a solid club, and they have been a nice program now for a few years, have shown they more than belong, and ran the table- they deserve it.- and they do go out of conference and schedule some tough games. Let the Sooner fans sleep on the little squad from Idaho, should be fun.......... That back they have is real tough.