[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Projections for BCS Bowls

Rockerbraves

touche - AZ may pull out the Cowpie Bowl in Waco, TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT.... My Cats hold their own in hoops, don't worry about me.

What happened to your classy post after the Oregon game?? You made no excuses, said the Sooners didn't make enough plays to win, and it was their own fault for letting the game get to that point?? Were you on your meds that day?? I was so proud of you, and here you are hitting rock bottom yet again with the Sooner schooner whine fest.

Right there with you Wildcat and looking forward to the UW - Arizona battles on the hardwood again this year. We are ranked 13th in the country but we really have only played one good team so far and with our youth I'm worried to see how we respond when we face a little adversity on the road.

What a start :D by the Pac-10! I know it's only December but ........

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to your classy post after the Oregon game?? You made no excuses, said the Sooners didn't make enough plays to win, and it was their own fault for letting the game get to that point?? Were you on your meds that day?? I was so proud of you, and here you are hitting rock bottom yet again with the Sooner schooner whine fest.

Good point, wc - I remember being shocked at that too. Some things are too good to be true...

No way does Florida go to the Rose Bowl if they lose the SEC championship. Florida would more than likely go to the Orange Bowl to play the ACC champ. The Rose is going to take Michigan and either Notre Dame or the highest ranked BCS team available.

Why not ??? Ark. goes to Sugar as SEC champ and then the Rose would come down to Florida,LSU and Notre Dame.

LSU lost to Florida and a Michigan vs Notre Dame rematch is not considered a good idea.

That leaves Michigan and Florida

2 Loss LSU and 2 Loss Fla. The Gators beat LSU head to head, however the argument could be made the LSU beat Arkansas on it's home field just last week and the Fla loss was earlier in the season.

What a mess.

USC of course beats UCLA and goes to Glendale.

Edited by sacosud

touche - AZ may pull out the Cowpie Bowl in Waco, TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT.... My Cats hold their own in hoops, don't worry about me.

There was no excuse for the Sooners, but lets get real. The Pac-10 jobbed the Sooners and anyone not affiliated with the Pac-10 sees that. But the fact is OU is not the same team, they were back in October. Those who bash them need to watch that Ol blow people up and average running backs go for 150 plus. Also watch that defense, which has been very stout. Stoops has played not to lose the Okie St game and the A@M game, after getting big leads early. I wish he would let his Qb make a play late in the game, and bury teams like he could have in those 2 games, but he chose to stay conservative, and hand the ball off with 10 in the box and punt to the other team.

Good point, wc - I remember being shocked at that too. Some things are too good to be true...

Lets just say of all the huddlers at this site, none of them have actually ran off with my money for 5 weeks, before finally paying up. You are lower than scum in my book, and your opinion of me is definately no sweat off my back. GFY.

There was no excuse for the Sooners, but lets get real. The Pac-10 jobbed the Sooners and anyone not affiliated with the Pac-10 sees that. But the fact is OU is not the same team, they were back in October. Those who bash them need to watch that Ol blow people up and average running backs go for 150 plus. Also watch that defense, which has been very stout. Stoops has played not to lose the Okie St game and the A@M game, after getting big leads early. I wish he would let his Qb make a play late in the game, and bury teams like he could have in those 2 games, but he chose to stay conservative, and hand the ball off with 10 in the box and punt to the other team.

You go on and on about your O-line blowing people up but OK doesn't even lead the Big 12 in team rushing (3rd behind A&M and OSU). So you feed one RB all game long and other teams mix it up? How does this make you better.

Oh, I forgot, you've really been blowing teams up lately. Yah, you're O-line has manhandled the 9th, 10th, and 12th ranked run Ds in the Big 12 the last three games.

This is what I'm talking about. You can get all starry eyed about how good your teams looks, but who are they doing it against?

I mean Hawaii and Boise St. lead the nation in pts. Why aren't they facing off in Glendale?

Edited by detlef

Why not ??? Ark. goes to Sugar as SEC champ and then the Rose would come down to Florida,LSU and Notre Dame.

LSU lost to Florida and a Michigan vs Notre Dame rematch is not considered a good idea.

That leaves Michigan and Florida

2 Loss LSU and 2 Loss Fla. The Gators beat LSU head to head, however the argument could be made the LSU beat Arkansas on it's home field just last week and the Fla loss was earlier in the season.

What a mess.

USC of course beats UCLA and goes to Glendale.

Because the Rose has the first two choices due to losing the first 2 (USC and OSU). If Florida loses, they will drop a good deal in the BCS standings and will not be in contention for the Rose, that is why.

You go on and on about your O-line blowing people up but OK doesn't even lead the Big 12 in team rushing (3rd behind A&M and OSU). So you feed one RB all game long and other teams mix it up? How does this make you better.

Oh, I forgot, you've really been blowing teams up lately. Yah, you're O-line has manhandled the 9th, 10th, and 12th ranked run Ds in the Big 12 the last three games.

This is what I'm talking about. You can get all starry eyed about how good your teams looks, but who are they doing it against?

I mean Hawaii and Boise St. lead the nation in pts. Why aren't they facing off in Glendale?

Same reason Atlanta generally leads the NFL in rushing, both OSU and A@M have running Qbs, while OU doesnt run their Qb much at all. Watch a d@mn Sooner game and then argue with me. Until then you are clueless.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

This is YOUR favorite team and you don't have a clue on whats going on with your own team. They are average :D . They play a cupcake schedule. They have not beat a team that is in the Top 20 and you talk like they belong in the Top 10. :D Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian-U

Edited by theprofessor

Boy, I think alot of people just are assuming Florida beats Arkansas. I see this as a very good game and The Razorbacks sure could throw a monkey wrench into things. Arkansas beats Flordia and goes to Sugar Bowl. Who goes to the Rose???? Fla, LSU, I think Michigan is a lock for the Roses. Ark. must win to get in.

Fla wins Sugar/LSU to Rose.

Fla loss to Ark go to Rose and LSU to Capital One.

Based on Fla beating LSU I would think they get the nod.

Wouldn't you think the Rose, ABC, ESPN and Disney would be more interested in securing the highest ranked BCS teams? A Gator's lost would drop Florida behind LSU in the rankings, don't you think? Gotta figure the Rose is more interested in securing the most competitive matchup for Michigan based on the most current data available. Then again who knows? It will probably be Notre Dame vs. Michigan :D

Same reason Atlanta generally leads the NFL in rushing, both OSU and A@M have running Qbs, while OU doesnt run their Qb much at all. Watch a d@mn Sooner game and then argue with me. Until then you are clueless.

First off, convenient that you didn't bother addressing the issue about OK getting fat of late on the worst run Ds in the Big 12.

Secondly, the fact that those schools have running QBs is a nice enough stat, but so is the fact that OK also trails them in YPC as well as Total Yds from scrimmage and passing yards as well. So, just so I have this correct: OK trails those two in rushing yards because they use their QBs as runners rather than passers like OK does only the teams as a whole have more yards on the ground despite not running anymore than OK and have running QBs with more passing yards than OK. Makes perfect sense. Especially when we're talking about your O-line "blowing people up". I mean, don't get me wrong, OK certainly ranks among the top in rushing. I'm very proud of you. However, it should also be noted that of the 13 teams ranked ahead of them only two have lower yards per carry than OK.

Lets go back to the numbers. In the nation neither OKs D or offense rank among the top 10 (D is 14th, O is 39th). You'd might expect better from a top ten team especially when their strength of schedule is 68th!!!

Game, Set, Match. Thank you for playing.

Because the Rose has the first two choices due to losing the first 2 (USC and OSU). If Florida loses, they will drop a good deal in the BCS standings and will not be in contention for the Rose, that is why.

There will be some debate on Fla. dropping under LSU just based on the head to head I'm sure.

I will be rooting on Arkansas and UCLA today. I know it's not going to happen, I just want to see a ruckus at this point with the BCS. We need a playoff that way the 2 loss Tigers can prove they belong in the future.

I like LSU and really was shocked they lost 2 games this season. Russell is special player imo and reminds me of a young Culpepper and my opinion is he would/should be the first QB taken in the draft this April. I think they are better than FLA. imo, however losing to Fla. may come back to haunt them. I also agree that the SEC is the best in conference this year. I don't think the out of conference is anything special. I predicted OSU vs Fla. National Championship begining of the year and that's not going to happen. I want either a OSU vs USC or OSU vs MIchigan at this point. It's funny that what most people call the best league in college football is going to get shut out AGAIN.

First off, convenient that you didn't bother addressing the issue about OK getting fat of late on the worst run Ds in the Big 12.

Secondly, the fact that those schools have running QBs is a nice enough stat, but so is the fact that OK also trails them in YPC as well as Total Yds from scrimmage and passing yards as well. So, just so I have this correct: OK trails those two in rushing yards because they use their QBs as runners rather than passers like OK does only the teams as a whole have more yards on the ground despite not running anymore than OK and have running QBs with more passing yards than OK. Makes perfect sense. Especially when we're talking about your O-line "blowing people up". I mean, don't get me wrong, OK certainly ranks among the top in rushing. I'm very proud of you. However, it should also be noted that of the 13 teams ranked ahead of them only two have lower yards per carry than OK.

Lets go back to the numbers. In the nation neither OKs D or offense rank among the top 10 (D is 14th, O is 39th). You'd might expect better from a top ten team especially when their strength of schedule is 68th!!!

Game, Set, Match. Thank you for playing.

You've convinced me!

:D

There will be some debate on Fla. dropping under LSU just based on the head to head I'm sure.

I will be rooting on Arkansas and UCLA today. I know it's not going to happen, I just want to see a ruckus at this point with the BCS. We need a playoff that way the 2 loss Tigers can prove they belong in the future.

I like LSU and really was shocked they lost 2 games this season. Russell is special player imo and reminds me of a young Culpepper and my opinion is he would/should be the first QB taken in the draft this April. I think they are better than FLA. imo, however losing to Fla. may come back to haunt them. I also agree that the SEC is the best in conference this year. I don't think the out of conference is anything special. I predicted OSU vs Fla. National Championship begining of the year and that's not going to happen. I want either a OSU vs USC or OSU vs MIchigan at this point. It's funny that what most people call the best league in college football is going to get shut out AGAIN.

Thanks for the reply. Good thoughts. USC is close to a lock to playing OSU for the NC. If Forida wins today, they go to the Sugar; if Florida loses, not only do they drop behind LSU, but they would drop behind Louisville, Wisconsin, and Arkansas in the polls.

LSU has talent and it was disappointing to see those 2 losses but it was not unexpected that we would come out of this season with one or two losses. We played, at the time of the game, 4 physical top 10 teams on the road. I think the coaches were way too conservative in the Auburn gameplan, we did out yardage them something like 310 to 180 yards but didn't start throwing the type of downfield passes needed until way too late. The UF game we continually shot ourselves in the foot with 5 turnovers, a muffed kick and punt, fumbing on the one foot line, etc... But I have to give UF's defense credit for a good portion of that trouble too. In the end, it is what it is. We are a two loss team with a 6 game winning streak.

No SEC runner-up (late season loss hurts) has ever gone to a BCS game, but UF could be the first possibly making it to the Orange shutting LSU out of the BCS. I project that if UF loses, they will play Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl. Arkansas will play Notre Dame in the Sugar, the Big East champ probably Louisville (if WV beats Rutgers) plays probably Wake Forest (if they beat Ga. Tech) in the Orange, LSU will play Mich. in the Rose, and are you ready for this one..... and I am hoping that Nebraska plays Boise St. in the Fiesta! I still think Notre Dame is the wildcard in this whole thing due to their ties to ABC, they could end up in the Rose Bowl playing more than likely Michigan. Michigan-Florida would be an interesting matcup in the Sugar with #3 and #4, but I just don't see anyway that the Rose passes on Michigan with the Big 10 tradition and the fact that they are the highest seed. It is amazing how much uncertainty that still remains on Dec. 2nd. But sometime tomorrow, we will be able to stop all this guessing and focus on our game and travel plans.

:D Agree that is funny. Figure the SEC is getting use to it. Heck the last time the SEC got one in the NC they won it, yet the country decided to name another team co-champions. :D

Maybe thats becasue the coaches and Assosciated Press had that other team ranked #1, and the only reason the coaches (by way the BCS) voted for LSU is because they had too by contract.

Maybe thats becasue the coaches and Assosciated Press had that other team ranked #1, and the only reason the coaches (by way the BCS) voted for LSU is because they had too by contract.

Thank god there was a contract then. I think it's more weeener Envy towards the SEC. Just look how ticked off Sarge is right now that a two loss SEC team is even being considered for the Grand Daddy of them all Rose Bowl. Definitely weeener envy. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

I'll take a stab at it. What do you think?

Fiesta Bowl

Oklahoma - 5 1/2 vs. Boise State - Think the Sooners avoid a potentially embarrassing bowl loss and win this one fairly easy putting Boise State's 12-0 record back into perspective. Take the Sooners and give the points.

Orange Bowl

Louisville -6 vs. Wake Forest - Haven't seen much of Wake Forest but figure if they get by Georgia Tech they carry that momentum to the Orange while the Cardinals might be less than enthusiastic about playing a lower profile team. Take Wake Forest and the points.

Sugar Bowl

Florida -5 1/2 vs. Notre Dame - SEC Champs vs. Notre Dame. See Florida coming into the game a little down after being past over for the BCS National Championship Game. Gators may squeak one out (does Florida win any other way) but give me the Irish plus the points.

Rose Bowl

Michigan -2 vs. LSU - Historic matchup considering these two football programs have never met. Throw in the storyline that LSU coach is a past Michigan All-American, BCS #3 vs. BCS #5 and Big 10 vs. SEC should make for a great game. Make Michigan the slight favorite based on a slight home field advantage, but don't discount LSU playing in their 1st Rose Bowl. Not surprising take the Tigers and the points in Pasadena.

BCS National Championship Game

Ohio State -4 1/2 vs. USC - Since week one Ohio State has been ranked #1 for all the right reasons. They just don't win they dominate their opponents with the exception of Michigan and a hiccup here and there. Michigan game was a rivalry so give the Wolverines their due for keeping the game close, however I can't see the Trojans covering much less winning this one. So take the Buckeyes and lay the points.

Dang USC spoiled my pics. :D