[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another game for you all

cliaz

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been doing this with the red towers, as they already have less range, but I have only gotten to level 60. I think I'm using too many towers. It seems like you should only build so many towers as you can continue to upgrade.

don't use the red towers. green only (they have by far the most bang for the buck, fully upgraded), toward the middle of the map and at right angles of the paths. maybe one water tower at the beginning to get you started, as the extra range helps you out. don't build any new towers until you have FULLY upgraded the previous tower (this is key).

Az, what the hell is an orange tower?

fully upgraded fire tower -- they sorta pulse when fully upgraded, i think the two cannons are just in different stages of the "pulse" that's why they look a little different -- but they are the same. that map is a joke though, trying to send one or two fo you bassturds on a wild goose chase. :D no way that placement actually works. i learned that if you hold down the space bar between levels it will skip ahead levels until you release it. so i got to like level 40 with that arrangement and held space bar until i was at 82.

Edited by Azazello1313

81 for real (no cheating) doing this

it's a little tricky to get by with just greens at the beginning...the way i did it without losing any guys is to build the 3 you see at the top left. then taking the second one fron the left and upgrading it all the way (hitting each upgrade the instant you have the money). then upgrade one of the other two, then the other, then build new ones.

just some info...

a fully upgraded green tower costs 2375, has 215 range and 9000 damage

a fully upgraded water tower costs 3360, has 300 range and 7335 damage

a fully upgraded fire tower costs 2298, has 120 range and 7021 damage

the flower tower costs 3000, has 150 range, 9090 damage

a once upgraded flower tower costs 8000, has 90 range, 15050 damage

so...up through level 81, i built 12 fully upgraded green towers at 2375 each. 28,500 total. figure i had a couple hundred credits left, so round up and say through 80 levels you can earn 29,000.

to get the second upgrade on the flower tower (that gives you something like 100times the attack of a fully upgraded green), you need 3000 to buy the tower, 5000 for the first upgrade, and 15000 for the last upgrade....23,000 total.

i don't know how you could possibly get this tower. you'd have to hold them off until level 80 using only 6000 or so credits, which is only enough to get you 3 fully upgraded greens. there is no way in hell of holding them that long while saving up the needed money.

this game officially cheats. :D

just some info...

Made a sheet like that myself. The only thing I can't figure out is if firing speed is different for each tower. It definitely seems like the flower tower shoots real slow. I upgraded to the 5000 once, but it shot so slow it didn't make much diff.

But judging by that sheet, the leaf tower easily has the most bang for the buck. Water towers are nice though when placed in the middle and fully upgraded - they can hit dots anywhere on the map.

My best is only 77 though, so obviously I'm missing something. Not sure if its worth paying some of the final uograde costs - looks like you get diminishing returns on a few at some point. Haven't tried that strategy though

Not sure if its worth paying some of the final uograde costs - looks like you get diminishing returns on a few at some point. Haven't tried that strategy though

it is definitely worth paying the final upgrade on the greens, as that last upgrade increases your range and more than quadruples your attack.

the final upgrade on the blue may not be worth it though. for an extra 1000, you only go from 6684 to 7335 on attack. you get more range, but centrally placed the second-to-last upgraded blue tower can still hit most of the map. i'm pretty sure all upgrades are well worth it, except for that one.

75 is my best and I'm getting nothing done today because of it. I still believe that placement is as important as anything. I'm also thinking that maybe you need a little bit of everything to get past this point. It's just a feeling though.

I tried lining the first avenue with storm things once. It helps early in the it only looks pretty after level 50 or so. It doesn't do much otherwise.

I think some reds in the upper right hand corner may not be a bad idea. They upgrade cheaply in the lower going and that's the one spot that a central ultimate blue or green can't reach. I probably wouldn't do the last upgrade on them though.

I wonder if some "monsters" are more resistant to some attacks than others. It seems so easy to do all green as they do the most damage per hit. I get to 76 pretty consistantly with them and a couple ice towers...

If the maker made it to 90... there must be a reason to have the short range fire towers. Faster fire rate or something...

noticed two weird glitches that i didn't see anyone mention. one is that you need 3000 to buy the flower tower, but it only deducts 2000 from your money. the second is that the green tower's upgrades only have about half of their advertised damage rates, untill you get to 9000.

like the other towers, it seems like the best value for the flower towers doesn't come until the last upgrade. you probably need it to get to level 90, but i can't even get close. i've found you can make it to level 50 with a single blue or green tower if you place it over the "adjust for quality" letters, so that it's facing the first corridor, but that's about it.

Have we all agreed that the lightning cloud is worthless?

I think you guys arent giving the lightning tower its due. I like to line the bottom of the first U with 4 lightnings. Lemme run a game and ill post a link. its nice having one or two near the castle for those "invisible" guys that make it that far.

edit: oops, linkie dont work, how do you guys link screens?

Okay this was my grand strategy. The only thing is I got screwed by the northernmost ice tower should have been hittting the mobs as soon as they appear but it wouldnt start firing on them until they rounded that second corner. Must be a bug but if phucked me outa a much better score.

Edited by DemonKnight

edit: oops, linkie dont work, how do you guys link screens?

Okay this was my grand strategy. The only thing is I got screwed by the northernmost ice tower should have been hittting the mobs as soon as they appear but it wouldnt start firing on them until they rounded that second corner. Must be a bug but if phucked me outa a much better score.

Even without seeing your link, I can tell you that I had the same problem. I figured that a fast-shooting ice tower at the end of that long top line would work great, but it doesn't work correctly.

don't build any new towers until you have FULLY upgraded the previous tower (this is key).

To a point. It's hard to find the right mix of having more vs upgrading existing ones. I find I have a hard time once I start getting into needing 160 and 320 upgrades, just can't built up $ fast enough. I also tend to do worse with fewer, better ones vs building more and not doing as many of those upgrades (ie stick around the 80 level). Not sure what a good mix of blue and green is either. Also does anyone put any on the "outer" edges of paths (like the far left far right etc)? I haven't but wondering if putting some in the beginning might help to kill stuff quicker and so (supposedly) get more $.

Also I can't believe I've gone back and messed w/this more. :D

Edited by BeeR

just some info...

Nice info, thanks. so just from a statistical standpoint it looks like the leaf towers is the best. Now as long as you place your ice towers right, fully upgraded they will hit the mobs the entire run, which I think is crucial. Then again my last score was 69 using that strat. And I dont think I'll be buying any fire towers, they just seem to suck. So is the damage DPS or per hit? :D

Doing a little comparitive analysis here. I just hit level 77 using only ice towers. You have to start with a blue, but I'm gonna try green and red next.

With one Scribble and the rest Green towers, I made it to level 81. I really believe that placement is key. you have to shoot down the rows, not into them. red next.

With one Scribble and the rest Red towers, I made it to level 71. No surprises here really. I'm gonna try a mixed bag next.

77 with the mixed bag of Scribbles, Super Footballs and Fireballs. I may have been able to get a bit more out of that had I upgraded in a different order, but I doubt it.

Edited by Kid Cid

Nice info, thanks. so just from a statistical standpoint it looks like the leaf towers is the best. Now as long as you place your ice towers right, fully upgraded they will hit the mobs the entire run, which I think is crucial. Then again my last score was 69 using that strat. And I dont think I'll be buying any fire towers, they just seem to suck. So is the damage DPS or per hit? :D

i think it's damage per hit. the firing rate is greater when the dots are closer, and perhaps even more crucially, the firing rate appears to be a lot higher when the dots are at right angles to the tower. so placing them at right angles to the paths is vital. i don't think the firing rate is different between any of the towers, except the flower tower is slow as chit.

i've fiddled around enough to say confidently that the fire towers are pretty much worthless due to their limited range AND firepower. the water towers are OK, but the greens are better hands down -- 1700 more attack fully upgraded for 1000 less money.

you know how the intro page says the game creator got 90, and then says there are a few tweaks to this version like the flower tower firing slower, etc.? well i'd be willing to wager it's impossible to get 90 on the version we're playing.

i think it's damage per hit. the firing rate is greater when the dots are closer, and perhaps even more crucially, the firing rate appears to be a lot higher when the dots are at right angles to the tower. so placing them at right angles to the paths is vital. i don't think the firing rate is different between any of the towers, except the flower tower is slow as chit.

i've fiddled around enough to say confidently that the fire towers are pretty much worthless due to their limited range AND firepower. the water towers are OK, but the greens are better hands down -- 1700 more attack fully upgraded for 1000 less money.

you know how the intro page says the game creator got 90, and then says there are a few tweaks to this version like the flower tower firing slower, etc.? well i'd be willing to wager it's impossible to get 90 on the version we're playing.

I tried getting the flower tower & upgrading it as quickly as possible, but it drains so much of your money so fast that once the dots make it past it you can't build defenses furter down the line fast enough.