[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another game for you all

cliaz

I made it to 77 using all greens and one half-completed ice-tower.

I noticed that for whatever reason it annoyingly seems that some towers won't shoot in some directions.

For example, I place the ice-tower right at the end of the road just before the last turn to the castle, and the stupid thing would not fire straight up the road (which was the whole reason I built it there).

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iyou know how the intro page says the game creator got 90, and then says there are a few tweaks to this version like the flower tower firing slower, etc.? well i'd be willing to wager it's impossible to get 90 on the version we're playing.

I was begining to think the same thing myself.

I made it to 77 using all greens and one half-completed ice-tower.

I noticed that for whatever reason it annoyingly seems that some towers won't shoot in some directions.

For example, I place the ice-tower right at the end of the road just before the last turn to the castle, and the stupid thing would not fire straight up the road (which was the whole reason I built it there).

It's firing, you just can't see the "bullets" is all. The dots still disappear.

you can get by with just greens at the beginning by placing 2 initially at the corner....you know how the path starts going down, then goes to the right, then goes up? at the end of that up stretch, place two greens on either side of the corner. keep upgrading the one to the left the INSTANT you get enough money, all the way until it's fully upgraded. don't upgrade the other one or build any other towers until that first one is fully upgraded...though you do need that second entry-level green to help with a couple of the very first waves.

i think it's damage per hit. the firing rate is greater when the dots are closer, and perhaps even more crucially, the firing rate appears to be a lot higher when the dots are at right angles to the tower. so placing them at right angles to the paths is vital. i don't think the firing rate is different between any of the towers, except the flower tower is slow as chit.

I think they dont fire another shot until the last shot hits.

i've fiddled around enough to say confidently that the fire towers are pretty much worthless due to their limited range AND firepower. the water towers are OK, but the greens are better hands down -- 1700 more attack fully upgraded for 1000 less money.

Yes but my point is that you can place your ice towers so that they will hit an enemy for the entire run. You have to take that into account when calculating damage.

you know how the intro page says the game creator got 90, and then says there are a few tweaks to this version like the flower tower firing slower, etc.? well i'd be willing to wager it's impossible to get 90 on the version we're playing.

+1

you can get by with just greens at the beginning by placing 2 initially at the corner....you know how the path starts going down, then goes to the right, then goes up? at the end of that up stretch, place two greens on either side of the corner. keep upgrading the one to the left the INSTANT you get enough money, all the way until it's fully upgraded. don't upgrade the other one or build any other towers until that first one is fully upgraded...though you do need that second entry-level green to help with a couple of the very first waves.

I feel like this might be more of the Az mis-information campaign. :D

i've fiddled around enough to say confidently that the fire towers are pretty much worthless due to their limited range AND firepower. the water towers are OK, but the greens are better hands down -- 1700 more attack fully upgraded for 1000 less money.

Okay so I did the math. upgraded green 215 range and 9000 power. upgraded ice 300 range and 7335 power. Not figuring in reload time (im assuming that they are all the same it just depends on the distance from the target) the ice tower has 28% more range. Thus giving it 28% more time to get shots off at potential targets. Making its "comparitave power" 9389 to the leaf towers base 9000.

P.S. Please feel free to debunk.

Okay so I did the math. upgraded green 215 range and 9000 power. upgraded ice 300 range and 7335 power. Not figuring in reload time (im assuming that they are all the same it just depends on the distance from the target) the ice tower has 28% more range. Thus giving it 28% more time to get shots off at potential targets. Making its "comparitave power" 9389 to the leaf towers base 9000.

Based on the comparison I did earlier by placing the different colored towers in the same spots, it's clear that you can get farther with green only than with any other color. The additional range of the blue is nice but it lacks that punch the green has.

Now, I think your math is off, but if you could show me that a blue tower has x number additional strikes because of it's range over a green tower in the same spot, then I could get behind what you're saying.

well, one way to debunk it would be to point out that i've gotten to level 84 using all greens...best you can get with all blues is mid-70s. :D

i think the main thing to keep in mind is the variation of the firing rate. so, just as an arbitrary value, let's say a tower gets off 3 shots per second when the dot is at a range of 250 away. but when the dot is coming down a tower's avenue, it gets off like 15 shots per second. the damage done in those seconds when the dots are close in count a WHOLE lot more than the pot-shots a water tower can take all day long from 250+ away.

I've gotten to 75, so I'm no Az.

What I've found out none the less. The fire seems lame as do the flower cannons. I do think the water cannons range makes up for the fact that they don't do as much damage per hit as the maxed out greens and for reasons mentioned above, I don't bother maxing them out.

I like putting my first Green ones just after the second bend (down at the bottom of the screen) because they not only kill the oncoming dots early (thus earning you more money) but also can reach the final stretch as well.

I think your on the right track. The problem is that I don't think the 28% is directly reciprical (sp). In order for it to be accurate, you'd have to figure out how many more hits at various distances the ice would provide. Then you'd have to place them in spots where their range is of most benefit to hit the most number of times, vs. at the end of a runway.

well, one way to debunk it would be to point out that i've gotten to level 84 using all greens...best you can get with all blues is mid-70s. :D

i think the main thing to keep in mind is the variation of the firing rate. so, just as an arbitrary value, let's say a tower gets off 3 shots per second when the dot is at a range of 250 away. but when the dot is coming down a tower's avenue, it gets off like 15 shots per second. the damage done in those seconds when the dots are close in count a WHOLE lot more than the pot-shots a water tower can take all day long from 250+ away.

I can confirm that all blues will only get you to the mid 70's and all reds as well, but with the reds it's very tricky in the beginning. You pretty much have to have your finger on the upgrade button right as it's ready or you'll lose a couple of citizens to start off. I've also tried all storm clouds & can verify that they suck. The greens I'm not as sure about because I tried to use the same method with each color, but when I was close to being done with the greens one of my main towers disappeared. :D It seemed like it might make it higher than the blues and it did make it to 74 even after losing that tower. If somebody else will try the method of just using one color in a game & using the exact same placement I think then we can settle the argument of which is better.