[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006-07 Bowl W-L Records - Conference Teams

KevinL

SEC: 5-3

Oklahoma State 34, Alabama 31

Kentucky 28, Clemson 20

South Carolina 44, Houston 36

Georgia 31, Virginia Tech 24

Penn State 20, Tennessee 10

Wisconsin 17, Arkansas 14

Auburn 17, Nebraska 14

LSU 41, Notre Dame 14

Florida (Jan 8 vs Ohio State)

ACC: 4-4

Florida State 44, UCLA 27

Boston College 25, Navy 24

Maryland 24, Purdue 7

Kentucky 28, Clemson 20

Georgia 31, Virginia Tech 24

Miami 21, Nevada 20

West Virginia 38, Georgia Tech 35

Louisville 24, Wake Forest 13

Big 12: 3-5

Rutgers 37, Kansas State 10

Oklahoma State 34, Alabama 31

California 45, Texas A&M 10

Oregon State 39, Missouri 38

Texas 26, Iowa 24

Texas Tech 44, Minnesota 41

Boise State 43, Oklahoma 42

Auburn 17, Nebraska 14

Big Ten: 2-4

Maryland 24, Purdue 7

Texas Tech 44, Minnesota 41

Texas 26, Iowa 24

USC 31, Michigan 18

Wisconsin 17, Arkansas 14

Penn State 20, Tennessee 10

Ohio State (Jan 8 vs Florida)

Pacific 10: 3-3

Hawaii 41, Arizona State 24

Brigham Young 38, Oregon 8

Florida State 44, UCLA 27

California 45, Texas A&M 10

Oregon State 39, Missouri 38

USC 32, Michigan 18

Big East: 5-0

Rutgers 37, Kansas State 10

South Florida 24, East Carolina 7

West Virginia 38, Georgia Tech 35

Louisville 24, Wake Forest 13

Cincinnati 27, Western Michigan 24

Conference USA: 1-4

Troy 41, Rice 17

South Florida 24, East Carolina 7

Utah 25, Tulsa 13

South Carolina 44, Houston 36

Southern Miss 28, Ohio 7

Mountain West: 3-1

Brigham Young 38, Oregon 8

TCU 37, Northern Illinois 7

San Jose State 20, New Mexico 12

Utah 25, Tulsa 13

WAC: 2-1

Hawaii 41, Arizona State 24

San Jose State 20, New Mexico 12

Miami 21, Nevada 20

Boise State 43, Oklahoma 42

Mid-American Conference: 1-3

Central Michigan 31, Middle Tennessee State 14

TCU 37, Northern Illinois 7

Cincinnati 27, Western Michigan 24

Southern Miss 28, Ohio 7

Sun Belt: 1-1

Central Michigan 31, Middle Tennessee State 14

Troy 41, Rice 17

Edited by KevinL

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind, the SEC went 3-0 the last week of the regular season against Bowl bound teams. :D

Georgia over Georgia Tech

Florida over Florida State

South Carolina over Clemson

Dude, you need to quit bringing that up. This coming from a SEC guy.

Dude? Sounds more like a PAC 10 guy to me. :D

Born in CA. Living in NC, adopted as an honorary Vols fan by some good friends from Knoxville. I worked with these guys back in Santa Cruz and they were the only people who, like myself, were into college ball. Most tend to be Niners and Raiders fans out there and don't really care about college ball unless they went to the school. Even then it's typically less than pros. Ultimately I ended up rooting for the Vols because I was always watching games with them.

I followed the Pac-10 religiously as a kid and still home for them but given my current locale and the fact that the SEC is far and away the strongest conference year in and out and should basically be a division unto themselves, I'm pretty much an SEC guy.

Just after I moved here I drove to Neyland Stadium for an Alabama game and was pretty much hooked from there.

Born in CA. Living in NC, adopted as an honorary Vols fan by some good friends from Knoxville. I worked with these guys back in Santa Cruz and they were the only people who, like myself, were into college ball. Most tend to be Niners and Raiders fans out there and don't really care about college ball unless they went to the school. Even then it's typically less than pros. Ultimately I ended up rooting for the Vols because I was always watching games with them.

I followed the Pac-10 religiously as a kid and still home for them but given my current locale and the fact that the SEC is far and away the strongest conference year in and out and should basically be a division unto themselves, I'm pretty much an SEC guy.

Just after I moved here I drove to Neyland Stadium for an Alabama game and was pretty much hooked from there.

Well you get a chance to prove it. SEC, if it's as great as everyone says it is, should be able to mop up this bowl season. Especially those 3 poor Big Ten teams.

Well you get a chance to prove it. SEC, if it's as great as everyone says it is, should be able to mop up this bowl season. Especially those 3 poor Big Ten teams.

I am quite confident that Tenn, LSU, Ark, and Auburn will win big. Florida will obviously have their hands full against OSU to say the least. As for the rest, if the 6th-9th best teams from your conference don't handle everyone elses 3rd through 6th best teams, I don't think it is anything to be ashamed of.

Take the Georgia game. Va Tech is probably the most complete team in the ACC and actually showed it on the field against the eventual conference champ. If arguably the best team in the ACC beats perhaps the 7th or 8th best team in the SEC, I'm not going to sweat that and it does nothing to undermine any assertions that the SEC is the best conference.

Now, if the big 4 I mentioned above tank...

Don't discount those conferences too much. Keep in mind, Hawaii from the WAC did beat a Big Ten bowl bound team in the Broilmakers last regular season game.

I was joking - taken a pounding in here after the Pac 10 began 0-3, evidently these bowl games define a teams season. Hawaii at home is a tough game- ASU was a L as soon as they got off the plane in Honolulu. The PAC 10 is off to slow start, but I just think there is too much emphasis on these lower tier games where no one cares. I think an in-season game, and body of work carries weight.

The Pac 10 was dead and buried at 0-3, let's wait and see how this plays out.

If I were a BIG 10 fan, I would not like these SEC matchups, except for OSU - but we shall see

Edited by wildcat2334

I was joking - taken a pounding in here after the Pac 10 began 0-3, evidently these bowl games define a teams season. Hawaii at home is a tough game- ASU was a L as soon as they got off the plane in Honolulu. The PAC 10 is off to slow start, but I just think there is too much emphasis on these lower tier games where no one cares. I think an in-season game, and body of work carries weight.

The Pac 10 was dead and buried at 0-3, let's wait and see how this plays out.

If I were a BIG 10 fan, I would not like these SEC matchups - but we shall see

Big Ten vs. SEC matchups should be interesting, especially when you consider the betting lines combined are about equal. Ohio State is a rather healthy favorite at minus 7 1/2 over the Gators while the Vols are a 4 pt favorite over Penn State while Arkansas vs. Wisconsin are pretty much a toss up with the Hogs favored by a point or so.

Big 10 , by far with the toughest bowl contests, outside of OSU-FLa, we don't have an easy game and will be underdogs in all of them by kickoff.

If OSU and Michigan both win, it really doesn't matter how the rest of the conference does, we're only 2 deep this season anyhow, nothing like 6-7 deep in the Pac 10 :D

Wisky should handle Arkansas, Tennessee will beat Penn State, and Ohio State shouldn't have any problem with the Gators.

Wisky is the biggest wildcard in the whole batch, and is one of the cornerstones to the whole debate about relative strengths of the conferences. OSU and Mich could be great teams (and appear to be so). It's Wisc that nobody really has any idea about. They're basically like Boise St. in that regard only they actually played one really great team and lost to them as opposed to not playing any. So all we know is that they're not in Michigan's (and by correlation OSU's) class. That's it. If they do take care of ARK that validates Michigan big time because that means Wisc could roll with the big boys of the SEC so both Mich and OSU are clearly better than anything the SEC could bring.

Once again, we have absolutely no evidence to support that because Wisky has beaten nobody good. They've got "paper tiger" written all over them but you never know. If I were a betting man, I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.

Edited by detlef

Wisky should handle Arkansas, Tennessee will beat Penn State, and Ohio State shouldn't have any problem with the Gators.

Not sure how bad Penn State is this season, but I'm finding it difficult to find a reason why the Vols are giving up that many points to them. Read somewhere that Ohio State is like 0-7 vs. SEC teams. Not sure if you are watching Kentucky vs. Clemson but the Wildcats are hanging in the game despite coming into the game an 11 point underdog. About this time of the bowl season seems like the dogs surprise more teams. I'm guessing that's because one team is fired up more than the other. Can't see that happen to the Buckeyes since it's for the NC, but I guess that's why they play the game.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Not sure how bad Penn State is this season, but I'm finding it difficult to find a reason why the Vols are giving up that many points to them.

Maybe because it took a last second TD for the "greatest two loss team in the history of time" to beat them. I honestly think Tenn should win that game going away.

Edited by detlef

Not sure how bad Penn State is this season, but I'm finding it difficult to find a reason why the Vols are giving up that many points to them. Read somewhere that Ohio State is like 0-7 vs. SEC teams. Not sure if you are watching Kentucky vs. Clemson but the Wildcats are hanging in the game despite coming into the game an 11 point underdog. About this time of the bowl season seems like the dogs surprise more teams. I'm guessing that's because one team is fired up more than the other. Can't see that happen to the Buckeyes since it's for the NC, but I guess that's why they play the game.

I picked Kentucky, they are one of my only saving graces left in the bowl challenge, other than my total homer pick of Iowa (i don't ever bet against Iowa) in which I was the only one to do so in the challenge. I think I was 1 of 2 to pick Kentucky.

Maybe because it took a last second TD for the "greatest two loss team in the history of time" to beat them. I honestly think Tenn should win that game going away.

To be honest, when I think of the Vols I can't help but to picture their pitiful game versus Arkansas. That game was down right UGLY. Especially for a fan of the greatest two lost team in the history of time. Remember if your Vols would have taken care of business with the Hogs, LSU would have destoyed the Gators in the SEC Championship and would have even more solidified their reputation as the greatest two loss team in the history of time. :D

I picked Kentucky, they are one of my only saving graces left in the bowl challenge, other than my total homer pick of Iowa (i don't ever bet against Iowa) in which I was the only one to do so in the challenge. I think I was 1 of 2 to pick Kentucky.

Picking the Wildcats over Clemson is pure genius or :D

Hmmm... :D

To be honest, when I think of the Vols I can't help but to picture their pitiful game versus Arkansas. That game was down right UGLY. Especially for a fan of the greatest two lost team in the history of time. Remember if your Vols would have taken care of business with the Hogs, LSU would have destoyed the Gators in the SEC Championship and would have even more solidified their reputation as the greatest two loss team in the history of time. :D

After dismantling Cal, the Vols were suddenly thrust into a position where they thought they could contend for a BCS birth. Then they barely lost to FL. That pretty much ended their shot at the SEC final but they could have still back-doored an at large BCS like LSU did until they had their hearts ripped out at home by LSU in the final seconds. Playing a touch ARK game the next week had let-down get your ass kicked written all over it. Not making excuses, but I think that had a lot to do with it.

After dismantling Cal, the Vols were suddenly thrust into a position where they thought they could contend for a BCS birth. Then they barely lost to FL. That pretty much ended their shot at the SEC final but they could have still back-doored an at large BCS like LSU did until they had their hearts ripped out at home by LSU in the final seconds. Playing a touch ARK game the next week had let-down get your ass kicked written all over it. Not making excuses, but I think that had a lot to do with it.

Hope you're right. Since I'm sure I'll be rooting $$ once again for dem Tennessee Volunteers.

Tech comes back to tie this game up late after being down 38-7 :D

I feel for you Golpher fans, refs giving 2 timeouts to the RedRaiders when they had none left, stoping the clock and preserving time, allowing them to kick the tieing FG with 5 seconds left, the game should have already ended. Poor officiating likely to decide another game this season :bash:

Regardless of that fact, great comeback.

:D Overtime here we come!

Edited by theeohiostate

Tech comes back to tie this game up late after being down 38-7 :D

I feel for you Golpher fans, refs giving 2 timeouts to the RedRaiders when they had none left, stoping the clock and preserving time, allowing them to kick the tieing FG with 5 seconds left, the game should have already ended. Poor officiating likely to decide another game this season :bash:

Regardless of that fact, great comeback.

:D Overtime here we come!

Figured you would feel for the Golpher fans considering you were the only one in the bowl contest to pick Minnesota. Little doubt these last few games have been wild to say the least. Have to ask. Where's the defense? Heck even the SEC teams are struggling on the defensive side of the ball. :clap: