[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big 10 vs SEC

theeohiostate

questionable to who? You?

:D

Wisconsin handed them the ball back on the very next play, so that fact is irrelevant.

Even the Wisconsin play-by-play guys said it was a dubious call - they said it was legit, but should have been a non-call given the game situation.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that is fine and dandy if you want to play halves. Minn and Iowa both dominated their 1ST halves, I guess that makes them great. Nevermind , there is 4 qtrs in a game. Sorry I guess you are right. I'll eat my crow now.

I do indeed think it's time you eat your crow. :D If two second half shutouts and ten total points given up in three New Year Day games isn't enough defense, I don't know what is? Now if you were pointing to the lack of offense displayed today by the SEC I really couldn't argue that.

I do indeed think it's time you eat your crow. :D If two second half shutouts and ten total points given up in three New Year Day games isn't enough defense, I don't know what is?

Enough defense to win as opposed to love would be sufficient. :D

$EC is 0-2 vs the soft, overrated Big Ten. That speaks for itself.

Enough defense to win as opposed to love would be sufficient. :D

$EC is 0-2 vs the soft, overrated Big Ten. That speaks for itself.

Well don't blame the SEC defenses for god sakes. That's what separates the elite SEC teams like LSU. They have a great offense to go along with a great defense. .

Well don't blame the SEC defenses for god sakes. That's what separates the elite SEC teams like LSU. They have a great offense to go along with a great defense. .

You keep saying elite and LSU in the same sentence and i'm getting confused. :D

The SEC has 2 divisions, NONE of which LSU won, in fact LSU finished 3rd in one division. Elite?? whatever makes you happy before bedtime man.

You keep saying elite and LSU in the same sentence and i'm getting confused. :D

The SEC has 2 divisions, NONE of which LSU won, in fact LSU finished 3rd in one division. Elite?? whatever makes you happy before bedtime man.

Are you still crying? :D It's becoming more and more apparent that LSU would have simply destroyed Michigan in the Rose. Let's see how the game finishes out. Maybe the Wolverines can pull an anti-Big Ten move and come from behind.

Gotta luv em. Have to admit it's fun to be a SEC fan and even more a LSU fan these days. :D

$EC fans are, as a group, the most insanely blind-ass homers I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.

If that counts as "luv", consider yourself luvved.

Are you still crying? :D It's becoming more and more apparent that LSU would have simply destroyed Michigan in the Rose. Let's see how the game finishes out. Maybe the Wolverines can pull an anti-Big Ten move and come from behind.

LSU doesn't even belong on the same field as Michigan , OSU or USC and i guess the committee felt so too, by giving you the only team selected for BCS bowl games that didn't earn it. :D

All the pressure is on LSU, ND has been punked by 30-40 by every big time program they've faced this season, let's see how LSU fares.

It's becoming more and more apparent that LSU would have simply destroyed Michigan in the Rose.

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but didn't the Big 10 go 2-0 verse the SEC this bowl season :D

Taking down the WINNER of the same division LSU plays in, Arkansas :D

Nice try, but LSU is almost a big a charity case this bowl season as ND. That's probably why they're facing off. The 2 most overhyped teams in the country.

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but didn't the Big 10 go 2-0 verse the SEC this bowl season :D

Nice try, but LSU is almost a big a charity case this bowl season as ND. That's probably why they're facing off. The 2 most overhyped teams in the country.

I'm loving this. You keep wanted to take credit for your conference for barely beating two teams LSU beat on the road with everything on the line. Keep reaching. LSU has never lost a game as bad as Michigan in maybe 5 years.

I'm loving this. You keep wanted to take credit for your conference for barely beating two teams LSU beat on the road with everything on the line. Keep reaching. LSU has never lost a game as bad as Michigan in maybe 5 years.

Lessee:

05 - lost SEC title game 34-14 to UGA

04 - UGA again, 45-16

02 - Auburn beat them 31-7, Bama shut them out 31-0

01 - Fla beat them 44-15.

:D I'm gonna have to call BS on your 5 years thing.

$EC fans are, as a group, the most insanely blind-ass homers I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.

If that counts as "luv", consider yourself luvved.

Sorry, I believe that title belongs to the Big Ten fans. They have great fans in the Big Ten but if you can not see the quality of football played in the SEC, then your blind label would apply.

Sorry, I believe that title belongs to the Big Ten fans. They have great fans in the Big Ten but if you can not see the quality of football played in the SEC, then your blind label would apply.

Not gonna disagree with you. SEC has great teams. But so does the Big Ten. You just have to understand, that all we ever hear is how much SPEED the SEC has, and how many athletes, and that the Big Ten is a bunch of slow fat, unathletic farm boys. It's simply un-true. Both conferences have elite top programs, and each conference gets the cream of the crop in talent. I'm not saying that anyone on this board says that, but there are other boards I've seen where that myth is continually thrown out. The fact is... both conferences are even. Since the 2000 season, in bowl games, including today, 9 wins for the Big Ten, 9 for the SEC. And to top it off, the rubber match through the 06 season is for the national championship. I just can't stand the talk about the "speed" difference.

LSU doesn't even belong on the same field as Michigan , OSU or USC and i guess the committee felt so too, by giving you the only team selected for BCS bowl games that didn't earn it. :D

All the pressure is on LSU, ND has been punked by 30-40 by every big time program they've faced this season, let's see how LSU fares.

A statement like your first sentence above leaves you with very little credibility. I guess hoards of voters across the country joined in a conspiracy to vote LSU as the current #4 team in the country for no reason. Why would they do that? The state of Louisiana does not have the media draw like a USC or a Notre Dame and thus very little media bias on their side, so anything LSU gets they have to earn it the old fashioned way (like a six game winning streak through a tough stretch of games).

Everyone thought OU would wipe out Boise St. or that Michigan was a superior team to USC. This is why they play the games. The Tigers have a sound all around defense and a very good passing game and can play competitively with anyone in the country. USC, Michigan, Ohio State, and Florida are all very good teams as well.

All of this conjecture is why we need a playoff system. Until then, we will never really know. And even after we eventually get one, people will be complaining when a #1 ranked 12-0 team gets upset in the first round. There will still be talk about how the best team didn't win.

Wow, simply amazing.

:bash:

Not gonna disagree with you. SEC has great teams. But so does the Big Ten. You just have to understand, that all we ever hear is how much SPEED the SEC has, and how many athletes, and that the Big Ten is a bunch of slow fat, unathletic farm boys. It's simply un-true. Both conferences have elite top programs, and each conference gets the cream of the crop in talent. I'm not saying that anyone on this board says that, but there are other boards I've seen where that myth is continually thrown out. The fact is... both conferences are even. Since the 2000 season, in bowl games, including today, 9 wins for the Big Ten, 9 for the SEC. And to top it off, the rubber match through the 06 season is for the national championship. I just can't stand the talk about the "speed" difference.

Good comments Brian. I agree with you. There is speed and more parity throughout the major conferences today. Boise State's speed was very obvious today. I definitely respect the Big 10 and what Ohio St. and Michigan have accomplished this year. I think the slow label for the Big Ten developed over the years with their Rose Bowl matchups with the Pac 10. But I think the speed thing is a myth, there is big time speed in the Big Ten. But there are differences in the style of play between conferences that also leads to some of those myths.

LSU may prove to be overhyped, much like Michigan, but not yet. We will have to wait and see if they can take care of business against a very bad Notre Dame team.

I wouldn't call Notre Dame a very bad team. They have only lost to USC and Michigan, two of the elite teams in the country. But on the other hand, they have not beaten any top teams. They are probably fairly ranked now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them put in a good performance on Wednesday.

I wouldn't call Notre Dame a very bad team. They have only lost to USC and Michigan, two of the elite teams in the country. But on the other hand, they have not beaten any top teams. They are probably fairly ranked now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them put in a good performance on Wednesday.

Keep in mind, Brian says Notre Dame is weak even though they are 11th ranked, yet he picked them to beat LSU. After being on this board for only a couple of months I have finally figured it out. Most Big Ten homers actually don't care for ND much at all. If I had to guess the reason, it's probably because the Big Ten has courted the Irish for years to join their conference and the Irish continue to brush them off.

Keep in mind, Brian says Notre Dame is weak even though they are 11th ranked, yet he picked them to beat LSU. After being on this board for only a couple of months I have finally figured it out. Most Big Ten homers actually don't care for ND much at all. If I had to guess the reason, it's probably because the Big Ten has courted the Irish for years to join their conference and the Irish continue to brush them off.

No, it's because they are a very arrogent program, that hasn't been worth a sh|t for a long time, yet get more hype than anyone. And I already told you, I picked ND purely out of strategy to win the bowl pool, its irrelevant at this point, because my chances went down the drain when Navy blew the game against BC, and Iowa got beat by Texas. Not to mention, having very little faith in Penn State, and a bit too much faith in Michigan. My bowl picks are in the shredder right now. But back to Notre Dame, they are a very bad team, they got destroyed by Michigan and USC, not just beaten. I'm fairly certain many teams in the country coulda put up a 9 or 10 win season with that schedule. In other words, if LSU is an elite team, as EVERYONE pretty much agrees they are, being that they are virtually playing at home, they should destroy ND by a bunch. Not to do so, would be a disappointment. However, all that said, if I was an LSU fan, I'd take a win no matter how it came.

In other words, if LSU is an elite team, as EVERYONE pretty much agrees they are, being that they are virtually playing at home, they should destroy ND by a bunch. Not to do so, would be a disappointment. However, all that said, if I was an LSU fan, I'd take a win no matter how it came.

If we have learned anything over the day is there are very few BAD teams still playing in 2007.