[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU vs ND

theeohiostate

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Dunno the book on Russell. He certainly seems to be a pretty good athlete with a big arm.

Impressions after some research - the fact that 6 of his 7 ints came against Fla and Tenn - two of the tougher games - and he couldn't get the Tigers better than a FG against Auburn are all troubling. Of course, quibbling about someone who threw 7 ints is just quibbling. Has improved across the board all 3 years.

Is he first pick worthy? I haven't even watched him play live, but his numbers make him sound like a first-day man.

I love Russell, but the LSU pass rush definitely made Quinn look bad and the ND secondary made JR look great, so don't base everything on tonight. Either way, the Quinn\Russell debate will probably continue into the spring. Al Davis loves those guys with freakish ability and may pass on a solid passer who has played in a pro system.

Edited by budlitebrad

I got to admit, I really thought the SEC was pretty good. Now Im not so sure. LSU looks like a bunch of cornfed inbreds. And Notre Dame has lost 9 bowl games for a reason, they dont belong in the game, the networks want to put them in. Tenn getting embarrassed by Penn St, and Arkansas losing yet again, this time to Wisconsin, Auburn needing to be spotted 14 pts to hold on 17-14 to a sh*tty Nebraska team, and FLA on the verge of getting spanked by OSU prove the top of this conference is pretty weak. The only decent bowl win by this conference was GA beating Va Tech. Though the Big 12 proved to be down, the SEC was just as bad. And that was surprising.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I got to admit, I really thought the SEC was pretty good. Now Im not so sure. LSU looks like a bunch of field monkeys. And Notre Dame has lost 9 bowl games for a reason, they dont belong in the game, the networks want to put them in. Tenn getting embarrassed by Penn St, and Arkansas losing yet again, this time to Wisconsin, Auburn needing to be spotted 14 pts to hold on 17-14 to a sh*tty Nebraska team, and FLA on the verge of getting spanked by OSU prove the top of this conference is pretty weak. The only decent bowl win by this conference was GA beating Va Tech. Though the Big 12 proved to be down, the SEC was just as bad. And that was surprising.

:D Guess you think your OK team would beat the mighty Tigers from LSU. :D

Congratulations to LSU. They destroyed the Irish as almost everyone predicted (yes I picked the Irish in this bowl pool, but I said I did out of strategy before the game, and no one has ripped on the Irish on this board harder than I have). This solidifies to me, that the "Notre Dame rule" in the BCS should be eliminated. Since the BCS was started in 1998, the Irish have been in 3 BCS Bowl Games. In those 3 games they've been outscored 116-43. Please keep them off my television sets.

I got to admit, I really thought the SEC was pretty good. Now Im not so sure. LSU looks like a bunch of cornfed inbreds. And Notre Dame has lost 9 bowl games for a reason, they dont belong in the game, the networks want to put them in. Tenn getting embarrassed by Penn St, and Arkansas losing yet again, this time to Wisconsin, Auburn needing to be spotted 14 pts to hold on 17-14 to a sh*tty Nebraska team, and FLA on the verge of getting spanked by OSU prove the top of this conference is pretty weak. The only decent bowl win by this conference was GA beating Va Tech. Though the Big 12 proved to be down, the SEC was just as bad. And that was surprising.

I am convinced. Note to self, disregard every comment from Sarge from here on out. Just absurd.

Congratulations to LSU. They destroyed the Irish as almost everyone predicted (yes I picked the Irish in this bowl pool, but I said I did out of strategy before the game, and no one has ripped on the Irish on this board harder than I have). This solidifies to me, that the "Notre Dame rule" in the BCS should be eliminated. Since the BCS was started in 1998, the Irish have been in 3 BCS Bowl Games. In those 3 games they've been outscored 116-43. Please keep them off my television sets.

Brian, who would you have put in the BCS other than ND? Rutgers or West Virginia? Give me a break LSU destoyed the 11th ranked team, just admit it?

Come on, rocker, this was a lay down game for LSU. Notre Dame was the 2nd worst BCS team in this thing behind Wake Forrest. Congratulations on the win. I mean I give you guys credit for doing what you're supposed to do and that is destroying this team. I don't know who shoulda been in instead of Notre Dame. I suppose they may have been the best choice, but come on, no one in here is seriously gonna say with a straight face that Notre Dame was a top 15 team. BTW, I don't believe YOU have ever seen me once say, that I felt LSU was overrated, or didn't deserve to be in the BCS like some others have, because it's simply not true. I've had the utmost respect for LSU for a long time. I mean, you creamed Notre Dame, and anytime Notre Dame gets creamed, I'm happy.

Come on, rocker, this was a lay down game for LSU. Notre Dame was the 2nd worst BCS team in this thing behind Wake Forrest. Congratulations on the win. I mean I give you guys credit for doing what you're supposed to do and that is destroying this team. I don't know who shoulda been in instead of Notre Dame. I suppose they may have been the best choice, but come on, no one in here is seriously gonna say with a straight face that Notre Dame was a top 15 team. BTW, I don't believe YOU have ever seen me once say, that I felt LSU was overrated, or didn't deserve to be in the BCS like some others have, because it's simply not true. I've had the utmost respect for LSU for a long time. I mean, you creamed Notre Dame, and anytime Notre Dame gets creamed, I'm happy.

You got to be kidding. As evidence just look at your bowl pick contest and tell me if 40% pick Notre Dame how does that translate into a lay down game? :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

I really doubt any of those people TRULY believed Notre Dame was gonna win. I mean lets be real here. Their defense was beyond awful all year long. They got destroyed by Michigan and USC the same way LSU just did. I mean it isn't like LSU did anything new, they did what they were SUPPOSED TO DO. Even I said a couple days ago that there is no way LSU shouldn't maul Notre Dame and they did. LSU proved they are without a doubt a top 3 or 4 team in the country, because they took care of business. But lets not start this crazy talk about Notre Dame being any good. You could take South Carolina, give them Notre Dames schedule, and they probably would finish the same way. Yeah the win vs Penn State in the 2nd week of the year looks good now, but back then PSU was just starting a new QB, couldn't move the ball on anyone, and were playing a fired up ND team in South Bend. Games like that happen once in awhile. Put the same teams on the field now, what do you think happens? I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited about this bowl win by any means, but don't make Notre Dame out to be better than they really were, when A. your oddsmakers didn't see it that way and B. Blowing out ND isn't anything new, you just happened to be the latest team to do it.

I really doubt any of those people TRULY believed Notre Dame was gonna win. I mean lets be real here. Their defense was beyond awful all year long. They got destroyed by Michigan and USC the same way LSU just did. I mean it isn't like LSU did anything new, they did what they were SUPPOSED TO DO. Even I said a couple days ago that there is no way LSU shouldn't maul Notre Dame and they did. LSU proved they are without a doubt a top 3 or 4 team in the country, because they took care of business. But lets not start this crazy talk about Notre Dame being any good. You could take South Carolina, give them Notre Dames schedule, and they probably would finish the same way. Yeah the win vs Penn State in the 2nd week of the year looks good now, but back then PSU was just starting a new QB, couldn't move the ball on anyone, and were playing a fired up ND team in South Bend. Games like that happen once in awhile. Put the same teams on the field now, what do you think happens? I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited about this bowl win by any means, but don't make Notre Dame out to be better than they really were, when A. your oddsmakers didn't see it that way and B. Blowing out ND isn't anything new, you just happened to be the latest team to do it.

Brian my oddsmakers had it at 10 points LSU won by 24 the most point ND has lost by this season. I certainly think LSU is worthy of a #2 ranking. How many points would it have taken for you to realize LSU is arguably the best team in the nation at this time in the season. That's why ESPN said they would win IF there was a playoff. Remember LSU has won 7 in a row which includes 6 in the SEC which includes 2 top ten teams on the road at the time of those games. Pretty impressive. If this were the NFL my LSU would be favored to win it all. It's not always which team has the better record it's the team that is the best at the end of season aka last year's wildcard Pittsburgh Steelers.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Brian my oddsmakers had it at 10 points LSU won by 24 the most point ND has lost by this season. I certainly think LSU is worthy of a #2 ranking. How many points would it have taken for you to realize LSU is arguably the best team in the nation at this time in the season. That's why ESPN said they would win IF there was a playoff. Remember LSU has won 7 in a row which includes 6 in the SEC which includes 2 top ten teams on the road at the time of those games. Pretty impressive. If this were the NFL my LSU would be favored to win it all. It's not always which team has the better record it's the team that is the best at the end of season aka last year's wildcard Pittsburgh Steelers.

Whose playing the what-if game now? You beat ND by 24, Michigan beat them by 21. Splitting hairs IMO... same with USC beating them by 20. You can slice it any way you want it, all 3 of those teams have one common opponent, and the result was virtually the same. I'm not going to disagree with anything you said, but the what if scenarios are irrelevant. LSU might jump to #2 if Ohio state wins, but if Florida wins, Ohio State will drop to #2. Bottom line, LSU still lost 2 games, not because the refs screwed them, not because of anything, other than they were beaten. It happens, get over it. And in case you haven't noticed, there is no playoff, and the ESPN experts said last year that USC was the greatest TEAM of all time, and look what happened to them. Ya beat Notre Dame, congrats, nice win, kudos, etc etc etc.

Whose playing the what-if game now? You beat ND by 24, Michigan beat them by 21. Splitting hairs IMO... same with USC beating them by 20. You can slice it any way you want it, all 3 of those teams have one common opponent, and the result was virtually the same. I'm not going to disagree with anything you said, but the what if scenarios are irrelevant. LSU might jump to #2 if Ohio state wins, but if Florida wins, Ohio State will drop to #2. Bottom line, LSU still lost 2 games, not because the refs screwed them, not because of anything, other than they were beaten. It happens, get over it. And in case you haven't noticed, there is no playoff, and the ESPN experts said last year that USC was the greatest TEAM of all time, and look what happened to them. Ya beat Notre Dame, congrats, nice win, kudos, etc etc etc.

Michigan lost big time to USC and UCLA beat USC and Notre Dame beat UCLA. Not sure where you are going with this but that spells LSU.

Michigan lost big time to USC and UCLA beat USC and Notre Dame beat UCLA. Not sure where you are going with this but that spells LSU.

BTW my point is, you beat ND by 24. Well how is that more impressive than Michigan or USC doing it? It certainly doesn't make them better than either of those teams does it? Or maybe I'm missing something. Did I miss the game where LSU played either of those teams?

So? Where are YOU going with this? All that means is USC is better than Michigan. It doesn't mean LSU is better than Michigan, and it certainly doesn't mean that LSU is better than USC.

Think you will see when the final polls come out that more people think LSU is better than both those teams. If the BCS had a final ranking they would agree as well. Sorry but when you lose like Michigan did you don't deserve to even be in consideration for the nations elite.

I'm not saying they do, but no one will be able to convince me that LSU is better or worse than either of those teams. They will be ranked higher to be sure, but each hasn't proven anything more to me than the other, particularly if you look at the lone common opponent.

Did you watch tonight's Sugar Bowl? LSU totally dominated that game while Michigan got crushed by USC. Brian take off your Big 10 glasses. We are talking about the best teams now not some other time in the season. You can discount what the experts are saying about LSU if you want, but the truth is they know more about football than you or me. Have you ever heard so many of them say a team is the best two lost team is the history of college football, before this season? Even as an LSU fan I was amazed yet LSU solidified it tonight by scoring the most points against the Irish in any bowl they have played.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Ok whatever bro. I'm not saying LSU's win tonight wasn't impressive, I'm simply saying it isn't anything new. Now if they did this to say... Louisville, or hell even Oklahoma... I might agree with you, but I'm sorry, USC and Michigan both stomped Notre Dame, so I fail to see what the big fuss is about. Just be happy with the win, and the likely top 3 ranking.

Which team deserved to take Notre Dame's place in the BCS?

I would of thought that Wisconsin should of been in the Sugar Bowl. They were ranked 6th in the nation and that alone should of guaranteed them a BCS Bowl invite. ND had no business being invited to a BCS Bowl just because "they're Notre Dame". That crap is getting old and with the fact that ND hasn't won ANY kind of bowl game in 14 years (9 straight bowl losses) really shows how screwed up the whole BCS process is.

I think that LSU/Wisconsin would of have been a much better match-up.

Edited by 'canes2004