[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comic Book Trivia

PantherDave

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok-What function did the Silver Surfer orginally preform :D ??

Wasn't he supposed to be Galactus' errand boy?

Correct-his hearld, he found the planets to consume and announced Galactus's arrival.

:D And this storyline is supposedly the main theme for the next Fantastic Four movie out this summer.

GDB me reading/responding to this thread. If I was smart I'd create an alias, but Suffering succotash! -

Who was "Crackerjack Jackson?"

Damn, that is good'un :D ...crique, I'll say Hulks second side kick after Rick Jones....nah, that was Tim Wilson. Ya, got me BeeR.

Was he the clown in the Man-Thing issue where Fool-Killer died, and he did to??

I've been brain-storming, and I still keep coming up Hulk and I believe he did die???

Edited by PantherDave

Who was the 1st charecter of the Silver Age that DC created and what comic and issue?

Detective 225: 1st Appearance John Jones/Martian Manhunter

Also, Nova is the current herald and has been since the 80's. She replaced Terrax the Executioner, who replaced Firelord, who replaced Gabriel the AirWalker. Gabriel never appeared "as himself" IIRC, and was only seen as a robot that replaced the mortal Gabriel. He replaced the Surfer.

Also, Nova is the current herald and has been since the 80's. She replaced Terrax the Executioner, who replaced Firelord, who replaced Gabriel the AirWalker. Gabriel never appeared "as himself" IIRC, and was only seen as a robot that replaced the mortal Gabriel. He replaced the Surfer.

John Jonzz was created in the Golden Age ,Silver Age starts in 1956.

It was the Barry Allen Flash with the new costume in Showcase #4-why they say 1st app I don't know since Jay Garrick was the orginal Flash with the Hermes like helmet? So, it's kinda a trick question.

Edited by PantherDave

Who is the fastest Flash? Garrick, Allen or West?

What is Quicksilvers top speed, who is his sister, and where did they get their start?

I'm assuming the fastest Flash is Barry Allen, though with all that speed-force retcon, it's tough to know.

Quicksilver's sister is the Scarlet Witch, and they got their start in the family biz with pop Magneto (though he didn't know that they were his kids). Ya want the names of all their parents? :D

A giant-size reprint of the Galactus visit with robot Gabriel as his herald was the first comic I ever bought.

I'm assuming the fastest Flash is Barry Allen, though with all that speed-force retcon, it's tough to know.

Quicksilver's sister is the Scarlet Witch, and they got their start in the family biz with pop Magneto (though he didn't know that they were his kids). Ya want the names of all their parents? :D

No Barry Allen got fast enough to discover the Speed Force, but Wally is the fastest, and I can't remember how-it may have been in Crisis when he had to drop Kid Flash and become the Flash, but Wally is the living embodiment of the Speed Force aka he is the Speed Force.

An explanation, in college I was a communication major, and for a class we had to do a term paper of 20-30 pages. I got clearnace from Dr. Shrag to do it on comics, comic history, comic influence etc. I collected since I was a kid, but did'nt really delve into history and continuity etc. So, the paper kinda got me going and the rest is history..comic book history that is :D Oh, I got an A+ :D

Correct-his hearld, he found the planets to consume and announced Galactus's arrival.

My buddy and I wrote a song called "Cosmic Spawn" which has the line "Herald of Galactus Norrin Radd in disgrace"

No, we were NOT stoned at the time. :D

An explanation, in college I was a communication major, and for a class we had to do a term paper of 20-30 pages. I got clearnace from Dr. Shrag to do it on comics, comic history, comic influence etc. I collected since I was a kid, but did'nt really delve into history and continuity etc. So, the paper kinda got me going and the rest is history..comic book history that is :D Oh, I got an A+ :D

:bash:

That's great; I was going to do a 5 or 6 page paper in an sf lit class on comic heroes, but the prof shot it down.

But if you hadn't noticed, I'm kind of a detail/numbers/stat/history wonk when it comes to football, and it's much the same when it comes to comics. I love the stuff in the Alex Ross TPBs where they go into his models and the creative thought process.

Stan Lee has some interesting stories too, but I think it's been shown that he has started believing large amounts of his own BS and is entertaining but unreliable.

There's a book out called Tales to Astonish that works pretty well as a Jack Kirby bio.

And in keeping with the spirit of the thread - what are Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's real names?