[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops-Week 2

PantherDave

Well UNC..is well UNC, Duke is exposed..maybe, State is young, BC is ACC top 2 or 3, and UVa, Maryland, FSU, Clemson will slug it out for pecking order. I just don't have a feel for GT, VT or Miami just yet..Wake as well. Still a ways to go before March, but I'll say it now-Heels go undefeated in conf play-with the test coming at BC, if they even play.

Now you're just trying to jinx us PD. :D

I would nevr be so bold as to predict an undefeated ACC season. We will have some off nights, and there is plenty of competition in this league. I have yet to see BC play (this year) but my guess is that they are just too stong and physical to continue to struggle as they did in some of those early games. UVA, GT, UMD, FSU better be careful. They need to get some quality wins under their belt lest they get skipped over by the selection committee.

Edited by billay

I don't know PD. Clemson has looked pretty solid thus far. They have already beaten Ga. Tech and FSU.

This why I have the feeling

1 Clemson has been on a roll at 16 -0, and it can't last.

2 CU comes off an emotional win vs GT

3 State has had an earful from Sid about playing the whole game-especially D

4 It's in Raleigh and the Pack will not lay two eggs in a row.

What about just generally being outclassed talent-wise? :D

Well, that as well, it's just going to be a long year. Even with Atsur healthy the Pack is only 7 deep, which is just killing them as well. I still glad a new regime is in place, but it's going to take some time..Clemson is a good example, as Purnells first season the Tigers won only 9 games. The talent is young and will improve plus Lowe adding his own players-and I feel e may be able to bring in better players than Herb could-time will tell.

Things are very dangerous for dook right now. Paulus is really struggling and Duke cant find any offense. McRoberts, while a real talent, just isn't a big time "go-to" guy. He's just as happy to look for a nice assist, but Duke really needs him to demand the ball and take the big shots. Next, they go to Miami, who just beat the Terps. I must say, I can't figure Miami out, the have some good wins and some terrible losses. :D

UNC had an awful night shooting last night, and still managed to scrape out a win. That UVA team is scary. It's easy to see how they could beat Arizona and destroy Gonzaga, but how they lose to App. St.? Go figure. They are definately a team that I do not want to see in the ACC tourney.

I like Maryland over Clemson today. State over Wake. UNC over Va. Tech.

I'm really interested to see the UVA/BC game.

I'd love to get a W at Wake, but it's going to be tuff for the Pack to win one game this year, let alone two. I'm up for giving Coach Lowe time to build, however, some feel he is still a stop-gap before they go after Barnes again...and yes, this rumor is still alive, and is kept so by the big $$ in the Wolf Pack Club.

Kudos to VT. You guys played an awesome game today, almost perfect.

We looked awful, lost, and clearly intimidated by our first real road game. We'll learn from this one, hopefully, and keep improving.