[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts vs. Pats

Menudo

The Steelers were 10 point underdogs against the Colts. The Colts had smashed them 5 weeks earlier. There were people giving the Colts a chance at the start of these playoffs, but, no one in their right mind was even mentioning the Steelers going into last year's playoffs as a possibility.

Same with the Colts this year, and again, Palmer going down so early in that game really changed the face of that game, lessening the impact of the win.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with the Colts this year, and again, Palmer going down so early in that game really changed the face of that game, lessening the impact of the win.

How is it the same as the Colts ? The Colts were favored in 2 out of the 3 games and were never anywhere near a 10 point underdog. This argument is quite silly.

How is it the same as the Colts ? The Colts were favored in 2 out of the 3 games and were never anywhere near a 10 point underdog. This argument is quite silly.

Nobody predicted Colts Superbowl. Not even close. Well, cept Salisbury in the preseason! And as I said, listening to NFL Radio nobody even picked them to win their games. Also, as I 've said, when Palmer went down so early in the Cinci game, the impact of them winning that one went right out the window.

Nobody predicted Colts Superbowl. Not even close. Well, cept Salisbury in the preseason! And as I said, listening to NFL Radio nobody even picked them to win their games. Also, as I 've said, when Palmer went down so early in the Cinci game, the impact of them winning that one went right out the window.

Why do you keep bringing up Palmer and the Cincy game.

How about this, you are right......

The Colts, the #3 seed, who won 1 game on the road and 1 game where they were an slight underdog

is more impressive and unexpected than

The Steelers, the #6 seed, who won 3 games on the road, and 3 where they were an underdog (1 in which they were a hugh underdog)

The Sirius NFL radio argument is silly. Do you think the guys on Sirius were picking the Steelers to beat the Bengals, Colts, or Broncos last year ? Hell Fricking No.

Edited by Menudo

Why do you keep bringing up Palmer and the Cincy game.

? Because we are talkign about the 3 wins Pitt had last year compared to the 3 wins Indi had this year? I thought that was our whole conversation?

The Sirius NFL radio argument is silly. Do you think the guys on Sirius were picking the Steelers to beat the Bengals, Colts, or Broncos last year ? Hell Fricking No.

No, I'm almost positive they didn't pick them against Cinci. Most likely not Indi either, but by then I think there was a chance they did over Denver... but who knows, it was over a year ago. So I'll just go with "no".

How about this, you are right......

Perfect.

i'd say it's as big. this win is a lot like the sox win over the yanks in '04. people forget that they then had to go on and beat the best team in MLB that year, the cards. but considering the history between the two teams, even though it was "just" an afc champ game (and "just" an alcs), and they hadn't won the big one yet, there's no overstating how much getting over that hump meant/means to the respective franchises. so i don't see any reason to water it down by saying "sure, but it's not THE big game." even if they lose to chicago, beating the pats is a MAJOR, defining step forward for the colts....after all, you ask any sox fan, beating the yanks was 1000x sweeter than beating the cards. sure, it wouldn't have felt as complete without the WS title, but still. the players will have to move on and remember there's one more game, but i call BS on anyone trying to diminish colts fans' excitement today by playing the "sure, ok, you won the afc title, but it's still not the SB" card.

One more comparison here... The 1980 Olympic Hockey team is known for beating the Heavily favored Russian team (in the semi finals) Very few people talk about their Gold Medal victory over Sweden whom they had tied earlier in the same olympics. The Miracle on Ice wasn't the BIG GAME either....

I believe Mike Golic did as well ... but, you know, he is just an old DL. :D