[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbaro

Hugh-mongus

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong ... but wasn't he just a horse?

Yes, but he first captured our hearts as a lovable wiseass in Welcome Back Kotter, then he went on to win 1/3 of the Triple Crown. He was a hero. :D

Certainly not for a dead horse.

How sad it must be for those that grieve the loss of a horse not only did they not own but that they never had anything to do with.

Will you mourn Tom Landry?

tomlandrysucks edit: I thought this would be filtered, guess not. :D

Edited by Puddy

How sad it must be for those that grieve the loss of a horse not only did they not own but that they never had anything to do with.

By no means am I grieving, but at the same time I was hoping for him to pull through this injury. The news this morning was definitely disappointing.

The racing community is saddened by this news..People were really hoping this horse pulled through. I dont expect mass suicides because of this but its sad that barbaro didnt pull through.

The racing community is saddened by this news..People were really hoping this horse pulled through. I dont expect mass suicides because of this but its sad that barbaro didnt pull through.

Why? Because they were all going to drive by his pasteur and gaze upon his horse flesh? I can't imagine that anybody, with the exception of his owners, will notice his absence. His career as a racer was over. He would have started his career as a stud ... and I bet they have quite a bit of his frozen sperm.

Why? Because they were all going to drive by his pasteur and gaze upon his horse flesh? I can't imagine that anybody, with the exception of his owners, will notice his absence. His career as a racer was over. He would have started his career as a stud ... and I bet they have quite a bit of his frozen sperm.

Like Hugh said, just move along, Grits. Some of us around here are more advanced than you.

Like Hugh said, just move along, Grits. Some of us around here are more advanced than you.

:D Crying over a dead horse with which you had absolutely zero ties and would never have any ties ... is "more advanced"? :D Can I take it from that statement that you are an active member of that elite society known as PETA?

Edited by Grits and Shins

It was a case of people rallying for a prized athlete to not die..Before you say Barbaro wasnt an athlete I believe Secratariat was voted in the top 50 when ESPN did their 50 greatest of all time..I personally was hoping this horse made it..I wont lose sleep and cry over it but it is sad news he didnt make it..I would feel the same way if it was a local news story about a dog that got hit by a car that people were trying to save..We see horrible stories everyday about depressing stuff its not a bad thing to see a good story about something like this horse pulling through. Unfortunately that didnt happen and its a little bit of a bummer

I'm amazed he lived as long as he did. The advances in veterinary medicine allowed his owners to consider the possibility that he might survive such a massive injury. Not too long ago he would have been euthanized on the day of the race.

Edited by Chargerz

:D Crying over a dead horse with which you had absolutely zero ties and would never have any ties ... is "more advanced"? :D Can I take it from that statement that you are an active member of that elite society known as PETA?

See below.

Edit: PETA? No......if you think PETA are extremists, you don't know much at all.

It was a case of people rallying for a prized athlete to not die..Before you say Barbaro wasnt an athlete I believe Secratariat was voted in the top 50 when ESPN did their 50 greatest of all time..I personally was hoping this horse made it..I wont lose sleep and cry over it but it is sad news he didnt make it..I would feel the same way if it was a local news story about a dog that got hit by a car that people were trying to save..We see horrible stories everyday about depressing stuff its not a bad thing to see a good story about something like this horse pulling through. Unfortunately that didnt happen and its a little bit of a bummer

Exactly. One of the defining qualities of a human being is how they treat animals.

Edited by Ursa Majoris