[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbaro

Hugh-mongus

I just found out that Elmer's does not used animals in their products. However, furniture glue is mostly made out of connective tissue like hooves, ligaments, tendons, etc.. Horse meat is also a delicacy is some parts of the world.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way?

Does it need defining?

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mohandas Gandhi

One for Grits here....

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast."

--Proverbs 12:10

"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being."

--Abraham Lincoln

"I believe I am not interested to know whether vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it. THE PAIN WHICH IT INFLICTS UPON NON-CONSENTING ANIMALS is the basis of my enmity toward it, and it is to me sufficient justification of the enmity without looking further."

--Mark Twain

"Not to hurt our humble brethren (the animals) is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission--to be of service to them whenever they require it... If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

--Saint Francis of Assisi

Plenty more where those came from.

if you think PETA are extremists, you don't know much at all.

You Ma'm, are an idiot.

It is an unlikely locale for an unlikely criminal case. Today, two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, a radical animal-rights group that opposes meat-eating, are on trial for the strangest of charges: killing animals.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/535593.html

This is not isolated, it is the PETA way.

lol, no, not extremist AT ALL!!! :D

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?...93730&ran=57036

Police began investigating this summer after carcasses of cats and dogs in plastic bags were found in a supermarket garbage bin in Ahoskie every Wednesday for four consecutive weeks. At least 80 animals were found.

Both have been released on $35,000 bail, and PETA is paying their legal fees. PETA suspended Hinkle for 90 days and did not discipline Cook.

Wow what a foktard bear fatty is.

Its one thing to treat animals with kindness (I agree that we should when its appropriate), its another thing entirely to be broken up about the passing of an animal that you know nothing about after all possible measures were taken to try to save the animal in the most compassionate way.

I wish they could have saved the horse. They couldn't. Maybe they can learn something about future horse treatment from what they tried with him. Moving on.

:D

Its one thing to treat animals with kindness (I agree that we should when its appropriate), its another thing entirely to be broken up about the passing of an animal that you know nothing about after all possible measures were taken to try to save the animal in the most compassionate way.

I wish they could have saved the horse. They couldn't. Maybe they can learn something about future horse treatment from what they tried with him. Moving on.

:D

Who is entirely broken up about this?

How did this go from feeling bad about Barbaro to PETA ? Im not animal activist I just wish this horse made it. You dont have to throw paint on women with fur coats to wish this horse pulled through..The argument is silly..Blitz decided to take a crap on the thread now we are seeing PETA links

You. Horse lover. :D

I ain't no Catherine the Great. :bash:

I find most death sad, especially when things go long before their time.

I am facinated by the idea that it is some kind of fault to be saddened by a loss that is not personal. Blitz would appear to be an even bigger ass than I originally thought. :D

I find most death sad, especially when things go long before their time.

Yet if you were elected to congress, you would vote to not give life support to a baby that survived an abortion. Nice.

BABIES born alive after an attempted abortion should be given the same care and treatment as other infants, doctors say.

The British Medical Association's annual conference in Llandudno, heard that there were cases of babies surviving after a termination and then being left to die.

http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/r...-name_page.html

Who is entirely broken up about this?

Exactly. Probably the owners. The rest of us just pass comment that it's sad the horse didn't win his battle and suddenly every subhuman here is accusing people of being a PETA sympathizer. :D

Repeat after me - "It was just a horse"

Furthermore, it was a horse that nobody here even came with in 10 feet of touching let alone knowing. It wasn't a loved pet, it was an asset that was well cared for and in which every effort was made to save it's life. When your favorite race car driver wrecks his car do you cry for the poor car too?

Did I condone poor treatment of the animal certainly not, and I don't believe the animal was treated poorly. Rather had it not won the Derby it likely would have been put to death more immediately.

I fail to understand why all you bleeding heart liberals get so weepy when somebody, or in this case a horse, you've seen on television dies. Your interaction with that someone/horse in your daily life was ZERO. Your interaction after that someone/horse in your daily life will be EXACTLY the same after their death. You won't miss a beat in your daily life.

When Tom Landry died somebody please explain to me why I was supposed to feel grief? I'd never met the man, never talked to him and had never been in the same room with him. I had seen him on television coach my favorite team. At his passing he had not been the coach for more than several years and had not even crossed my mind in all that time. So when he died I'm supposed to feel grief?

How do you guys make it through the day with all the :D you do over every Tom, Dick, Harry, Spot, Rover, etc etc that dies on a daily basis?