[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbaro

Hugh-mongus

Correct me if I am wrong ... but wasn't he just a horse?

Yeah, but to the owners he was like a pet you have to put to sleep after a long illness. They said even if he couldn't stud they wanted him to live.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys make it through the day with all the :D you do over every Tom, Dick, Harry, Spot, Rover, etc etc that dies on a daily basis?

How do you make it through the day giving such a poo about what everyone else does?

Relax and let the Rosie O'Donnell weep if they want to.

I fail to understand why all you bleeding heart liberals get so weepy when somebody, or in this case a horse, you've seen on television dies. Your interaction with that someone/horse in your daily life was ZERO. Your interaction after that someone/horse in your daily life will be EXACTLY the same after their death. You won't miss a beat in your daily life.

When Tom Landry died somebody please explain to me why I was supposed to feel grief? I'd never met the man, never talked to him and had never been in the same room with him. I had seen him on television coach my favorite team. At his passing he had not been the coach for more than several years and had not even crossed my mind in all that time. So when he died I'm supposed to feel grief?

No one here is weepy, just saddened.

So, your answer to my question "So you don't give a chit about anyone's death unless you knew the person?" is "yes, you are correct"? Correct?

Repeat after me - "It was just a horse"

Furthermore, it was a horse that nobody here even came with in 10 feet of touching let alone knowing. It wasn't a loved pet, it was an asset that was well cared for and in which every effort was made to save it's life. When your favorite race car driver wrecks his car do you cry for the poor car too?

Did I condone poor treatment of the animal certainly not, and I don't believe the animal was treated poorly. Rather had it not won the Derby it likely would have been put to death more immediately.

I fail to understand why all you bleeding heart liberals get so weepy when somebody, or in this case a horse, you've seen on television dies. Your interaction with that someone/horse in your daily life was ZERO. Your interaction after that someone/horse in your daily life will be EXACTLY the same after their death. You won't miss a beat in your daily life.

When Tom Landry died somebody please explain to me why I was supposed to feel grief? I'd never met the man, never talked to him and had never been in the same room with him. I had seen him on television coach my favorite team. At his passing he had not been the coach for more than several years and had not even crossed my mind in all that time. So when he died I'm supposed to feel grief?

How do you guys make it through the day with all the :D you do over every Tom, Dick, Harry, Spot, Rover, etc etc that dies on a daily basis?

Wow. You've got your panties in a wad about this. Didn't get that pony that you wanted as a kid? If you don't understand it, why don't you just move along and let the crybabies cry?

Repeat after me - "It was just a horse"

Furthermore, it was a horse that nobody here even came with in 10 feet of touching let alone knowing. It wasn't a loved pet, it was an asset that was well cared for and in which every effort was made to save it's life. When your favorite race car driver wrecks his car do you cry for the poor car too?

Did I condone poor treatment of the animal certainly not, and I don't believe the animal was treated poorly. Rather had it not won the Derby it likely would have been put to death more immediately.

Nobody's weeping, fer Chrissake. Some of us wish the horse had pulled through, that's all. He didn't, he's gone and that's it.

If all you ever care about is yourself, which you have already said is the case, you are a very poor man, in more ways than one.

wait, Tom Landry died? :D

I thought he was still in the running for his old HC job with Dallas. :D

Of course he would have to ditch the suits and buy some hoodies and cut the sleaves off. :bash:

After putting my dog to sleep I feel for these people.

Yes it is business but some people treat their animals differently than farm implements. It's hard to put an animal you like to sleep even though you know you have to.

Nobody's weeping, fer Chrissake. Some of us wish the horse had pulled through, that's all. He didn't, he's gone and that's it.

If all you ever care about is yourself, which you have already said is the case, you are a very poor man, in more ways than one.

I am not so shallow as to cry over the death of every personality seen on television. Apparently others are so shallow as to "feel sad" and weep over the death of complete strangers, people and animals.

but do you need to make a point to blather on and on about how stupid it is for anyone else to express remorse? if you couldn't care less, why say anything at all? because you're just a complete dooosh?

Either that, or he's just trying to be the resident tough guy who shows no emotion because Mr. Macho Man. Another clear indication of a small peeener.

After putting my dog to sleep I feel for these people.

Yes it is business but some people treat their animals differently than farm implements. It's hard to put an animal you like to sleep even though you know you have to.

I had to put a dog down about 10 years ago. It was a loved family pet that we had owned for 13 years. I was going to be a man about it and not cry ... but I cried on the way to the vet, at the vet, on the way home from the vet and the rest of the day. I not only cried but I wept. It took a solid week before I wasn't weepy just at the thought of him.

So I understand how it feels to lose a loved pet. I dare say nobody here had that kind of relationship Barbaro.

I also did not cry a whit when my neighbor's puppy died.

I am not so shallow as to cry over the death of every personality seen on television. Apparently others are so shallow as to "feel sad" and weep over the death of complete strangers, people and animals.

It has nothing to do with being shallow, it's called compassion, and some people actually have some.

It has nothing to do with being shallow, it's called compassion, and some people actually have some.

Yeah, okay. If it makes you feel like your a better person than me because you are :D over the death of an animal you had never met ... more power to you brother.

I'm sure you cry yourself to sleep every night over the all deaths in the world and wake feeling like a superior human being.

I know you're chomping at the bit to defend yourself. But your point of view has been noted. You're beating a dead horse.

That is correct.

When a stranger dies I do not grieve over it.

So, you don't give a chit about, say, the victims of 911 or the American soldiers who have died in Iraq because your interaction with them was zero and you won't miss a beat in your daily life. The only people who do are the sissy, bleeding heart liberals.

Right. Gotcha.

So, you don't give a chit about, say, the victims of 911 or the American soldiers who have died in Iraq because your interaction with them was zero and you won't miss a beat in your daily life. The only people who do are the sissy, bleeding heart liberals.

Right. Gotcha.

Game, set and match, Squeegie, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0.